PDA

View Full Version : CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50

Spydey629
02-10-2010, 08:19 PM
BSU/RMU: Split

UAH/NU: 3 points for NU

beaverhockey
02-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I realize this has NOTHING to do with hockey, but the first hour of Sports in the Round tonight is worth a listen to (in my mind).

Here's the background. (http://www.bsubeavers.com/news/default/18/2250/)

Here's the show. (http://wmisfm.com/page.php?page=sir)

Puts the world into perspective.

GoBeavers
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Bemidji State sweep
NU sweep

gmann
02-12-2010, 02:50 PM
BSU sweeps
Split

moose97
02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
The Hockey Show is now online:

http://thehockeyshow.blogspot.com

sunylong
02-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Split
NU Sweep

UAHIce
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Can anyone tell me the status of the NU UAH game regarding what has happened this afternoon at UAH?

For those who don't know, there was a faculty shooting at UAH this afternoon at 4pm. No students were involved, but 3 faculty members are dead and 3 others are in critical or serious condition. The alleged shooter was also a faculty member, who began shooting after receiving a decision that she would not be receiving tenure.

Nels1jac
02-12-2010, 07:39 PM
3-0 RMU after 2 periods?! They don't want BSU to win this conference! BSU needs to be careful, too many losses in this remaining stretch could threaten that potential At-Large bid to fall back on if they were to lose in the conference tourney

Douglas
02-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Friday Night in the CHA:

UAH 3 - NU 2

BSU 2 - RMU 5

thebrain
02-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Can anyone tell me the status of the NU UAH game regarding what has happened this afternoon at UAH?

For those who don't know, there was a faculty shooting at UAH this afternoon at 4pm. No students were involved, but 3 faculty members are dead and 3 others are in critical or serious condition. The alleged shooter was also a faculty member, who began shooting after receiving a decision that she would not be receiving tenure.

From uah.edu:

There has been a shooting on campus. The shooter has been apprehended. The campus is closed tonight. Everyone is encouraged to go home. Classes are cancelled for tonight. Any additional cancellations or changes will be announced as they become available. There is a Command Center set up at Madison Hall Room 109. Counselors are available in University Center Rooms 125, 126 and 127 for anyone who wishes to speak with a counselor.

It has been confirmed no students are involved.

Thoughts and prayers to the UAH community.

moose97
02-12-2010, 08:53 PM
3-0 RMU after 2 periods?! They don't want BSU to win this conference! BSU needs to be careful, too many losses in this remaining stretch could threaten that potential At-Large bid to fall back on if they were to lose in the conference tourney

The immediate impact is - nothing (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwr.php). Still tied for 5th (BC lost tonight too). Since everyone ahead of BSU is likely to win, I'm gonna assume that the Beavs will fall, at most, a spot or two.

The only two teams from 6-10 that are still in action are NoDak and Maine. If the Sioux beat SCSU, that could move BSU up above the Huskies. If Maine beats non-TUC BU, I don't think it will give them a huge bump, but could push them up a spot or two. Not likely high enough to displace BSU, however...

Douglas
02-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Update UAH:

Dr Amy Bishop, a Harvard grad, was denied tenure this morning. Apparently, she took it hard and came back to an afternoon faculty meeting and as "reports" have it, her husband opened the door to the confernece room and she came in shooting. The Biology Department Chair was one of the three fatalities along with 3 more wounded, two of which are currently in stable condition, the third wounded is in critical condition with no prognosis at this time. Five of the victims along with the shooter were teachers, the sixth victim was a department secretary. My daughter, who is a research Molecular Biologist and Post Grad student in that department and whose lab is across the hall from the shooter's lab decided to take the day off today... one can only thank God she did. The "alleged shooter" is in custody along with another (presumably her husband). They have five children that they have just left parentless, not to mention the children of the victims. Totally senseless and just hard to get your mind around...

thebrain
02-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Update UAH:

Dr Amy Bishop, a Harvard grad, was denied tenure this morning. Apparently, she took it hard and came back to an afternoon faculty meeting and as "reports" have it, her husband opened the door to the confernece room and she came in shooting. The Biology Department Chair was one of the three fatalities along with 3 more wounded, two of which are currently in stable condition, the third wounded is in critical condition with no prognosis at this time. Five of the victims along with the shooter were teachers, the sixth victim was a department secretary. My daughter, who is a research Molecular Biologist and Post Grad student in that department and whose lab is across the hall from the shooter's lab decided to take the day off today... one can only thank God she did. The "alleged shooter" is in custody along with another (presumably her husband). They have five children that they have just left parentless, not to mention the children of the victims. Totally senseless and just hard to get your mind around...

It's just unreal. I haven't looked into it too much, just heard some news reports here and there. Good to hear your daughter's ok at least.

Nels1jac
02-12-2010, 10:12 PM
The immediate impact is - nothing (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwr.php). Still tied for 5th (BC lost tonight too). Since everyone ahead of BSU is likely to win, I'm gonna assume that the Beavs will fall, at most, a spot or two.

The only two teams from 6-10 that are still in action are NoDak and Maine. If the Sioux beat SCSU, that could move BSU up above the Huskies. If Maine beats non-TUC BU, I don't think it will give them a huge bump, but could push them up a spot or two. Not likely high enough to displace BSU, however...

I saw that BC lost tonight, good deal. SCSU topped UND 4-3. I think i have heard losing to a TUC hurts more than losing to a non-TUC like RMU? I guess the whole PWR thing confuses me. Would losing to a Niagara or ALA-Huntsville not hurt BSU in the same way as a loss to RMU? Lets just hope that BSU can grab the road split tomorrow.

Nels1jac
02-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Update UAH:

That is good to hear your daughter is ok, and yeah you can only thank God for that, he works in mysterious ways! Just too bad to hear what happened at Huntsville. We can only hope the woman, and if her husband was indeed involved, that both get locked up for a long time. Shooting others because you were not going to get tenured, just doesn't make sense, but then again it is never easy to read some people.

thebrain
02-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Here's the bio of Dr. Bishop

http://web.archive.org/web/20080614021401/www.uah.edu/biology/amy.html

Douglas
02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Further Update UAH:

Synopsizing from one of the survivors: Dr Bishop walked into the conference room where it is known that at least 8 people were in attendance with others on their way to the meeting and walked straight up to the Department Chair and shot him point blank in the face, then turned the gun on to the next then the next until she ran out of ammo. She was in the process of attempting to reload when one of the unwounded members tackled her and took the gun away. While they were attending to the wounded members, she calmly got up and walked down the hall to her lab and called her husband to come and pick her up. Needless to say, that did not happen as the UAH police, Huntsville police and SWAT team, along with the Sheriff's department were on the scene within a very few minutes and took her into custody. My daughter thinks the first three people she shot were on her tenure committee.

MikeAnderson
02-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Just got word that tomorrow's UAH/Niagara game has been canceled.

Nels1jac
02-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Just got word that tomorrow's UAH/Niagara game has been canceled.

Canceled outright? Or moved to a later date?

Douglas
02-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Also heard that classes have been cancelled until the 19th.