PDA

View Full Version : CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50

Nate86
01-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes, or the NHLOA!
My problem is that I've gotten to a point where I just can't ignore flippant Fox News Entertainment-like sound bites that get tossed-out and have been embraced by many as simple answers to complex problems. Note that I'm actually a fiscal conservative and social libertarian. The far-right says unions are terrible and are the cause of all of our problems; the far-left says unions are great and would solve most of our problems; the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I just recognize that there are valid points on both sides of most issues, and I'm unable to restrain myself from reminding those who make political commentary that, remarkably, everyone may not agree with them.
Yes, let's PLEASE stick to hockey!

Actually if you would have payed attention to begin with and not gone way off on the subject it did have to do with hockey. It has to do with the Hockey rink being built in Bemidji, MN that may have to start the season later because of those union workers who think they're getting screwed when really they aren't at all. "Hence Prevailing wage" I think they should quit whining and get back to work and get this thing built on time. If they aren't willing to do that then all that I'm saying is many people are willing to do the work for that same price.

Nate86
01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I hope the Beavers keep rollin this weekend and play good sound hockey against Robert Morris. Should be two great games to watch at the glas along with Senior night! Let's keep playin BEAVER HOCKEY!

beaverhockeyfan
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Actually if you would have payed attention to begin with and not gone way off on the subject it did have to do with hockey. It has to do with the Hockey rink being built in Bemidji, MN that may have to start the season later because of those union workers who think they're getting screwed when really they aren't at all. "Hence Prevailing wage" I think they should quit whining and get back to work and get this thing built on time. If they aren't willing to do that then all that I'm saying is many people are willing to do the work for that same price.

This is a state law issue, not an union issue. You need to get the state law changed since the BREC is being funded by public monies, the workers are entitled to the prevailing wage.

Nate86
01-29-2010, 02:30 PM
This is a state law issue, not an union issue. You need to get the state law changed since the BREC is being funded by public monies, the workers are entitled to the prevailing wage.

Prevailing wage is currently used at the BREC which sets a minimum wage to be used by all employers on the job. It's just the Union thinks some employers on the job are paying lower than this amount. Hopefully they get it figured out pretty quick!

Upper Deck
01-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Prevailing wage is currently used at the BREC which sets a minimum wage to be used by all employers on the job. It's just the Union thinks some employers on the job are paying lower than this amount. Hopefully they get it figured out pretty quick!
Yeah, after all of the battles, anxiety and red tape to get this thing built, you'd hate to see more red tape delaying construction. What a mess it would be if the place isn't ready for UND.

BeaverFan
01-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah, after all of the battles, anxiety and red tape to get this thing built, you'd hate to see more red tape delaying construction. What a mess it would be if the place isn't ready for UND.

Amen! Hopefully they figure this issue out quickly and finish out the project on time. I am counting down the days to that UND series.

If it is not put up in time, I think it will reflect on this town and this program even if they had nothing to do with the politics.

moose97
01-29-2010, 04:01 PM
The Hockey Show is up for the RMU series:

http://thehockeyshow.blogspot.com

moose97
01-29-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100015390/

Upper Deck
01-29-2010, 04:54 PM

Good deal - get back to work. I was starting to think that youth hockey dads would have to start some volunteer labor.

I will keep my head down and hold my breath until October.

Upper Deck
01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
The Hockey Show is up for the RMU series:

http://thehockeyshow.blogspot.com
Good show guys. Serratore was a little fired up, eh? Good weekend of puck ahead!

gmann
01-29-2010, 05:12 PM

You have mail.

Douglas
01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, or the NHLOA!
My problem is that I've gotten to a point where I just can't ignore flippant Fox News Entertainment-like sound bites that get tossed-out...!Since you singled out Fox for criticism... apparently you have no problem with ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, and of course that commentater par excellance:rolleyes: on MSNBC, Olberman. I guess they don't practice those same tactics... sheeesh!!!!!!!! Every frickin politician in the world does exactly that...

Now, back to hockey.

We had an hour or so of sleet today and the local weather nazis mentioned the word "ice" even though the weather forcast is only for "near" freezing temps this evening/tonight and rain all afternoon so guess what? Yep, the grocery stores were over-run with people buying milk, bread, toilet paper, & batteries; the schools were let out early, my grandson's high school hockey game this evening was cancelled, and the news is telling everyone to stay home unless they absolutely must get out. Translation: a 5:35 pm start time and the killer word "ice" should make it hard to get much over a thousand people out to the UAH game tonight... er... this late afternoon. We'll see how many make it to the Havoc game after ours...:rolleyes:

All you northerners can now ROTFLYAO:eek:

Nels1jac
01-29-2010, 05:29 PM
You have mail.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100015388/

Good to hear the strike is over, and that things are back on track

Nels1jac
01-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Beavers lead RMU 2-0 after 1 period. Forgot about this link on the BSU athletics site for following BSU hockey at home http://www.bemidjistate.edu/athletics/live/hockey/xlive.htm No video, but up to date stats

gfmorris
01-29-2010, 09:56 PM
UAH: Undefeated on home ice in 2010.

GFM

bigmrg74
01-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Since you singled out Fox for criticism... apparently you have no problem with ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, and of course that commentater par excellance:rolleyes: on MSNBC, Olberman. I guess they don't practice those same tactics... sheeesh!!!!!!!! Every frickin politician in the world does exactly that...

Now, back to hockey.

We had an hour or so of sleet today and the local weather nazis mentioned the word "ice" even though the weather forcast is only for "near" freezing temps this evening/tonight and rain all afternoon so guess what? Yep, the grocery stores were over-run with people buying milk, bread, toilet paper, & batteries; the schools were let out early, my grandson's high school hockey game this evening was cancelled, and the news is telling everyone to stay home unless they absolutely must get out. Translation: a 5:35 pm start time and the killer word "ice" should make it hard to get much over a thousand people out to the UAH game tonight... er... this late afternoon. We'll see how many make it to the Havoc game after ours...:rolleyes:

All you northerners can now ROTFLYAO:eek:

not laughing at you, just laughing at the people around you. Hell, up north that's just minor inconvenience weather. Get some snow tires ya hillbillies!! ;)

Douglas
01-29-2010, 10:57 PM
not laughing at you, just laughing at the people around you. Hell, up north that's just minor inconvenience weather. Get some snow tires ya hillbillies!! ;)Don't worry, I'm laughing at them too... or just shaking my head at the lunacy...

Friday Night in the CHA:

Chargers beat the Purps 3-2

Beavs over the Colonials 5-1

Nate86
01-29-2010, 11:56 PM

Awesome to hear! Looking forward to opening day in the BREC!

Great game tonight for the Beavers! They had pretty decent puck handling and didn't let up the whole game. Robert Morris had some problems counting their guys on the ice though and got caught twice for it which didn't help them out. Great effort by the Beavers tonight and I'm looking for the same tomorrow night at the Glas! Go Beavers!

BeaverFan
01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Great game by the Beavs last night. They were passing the puck great, and holy crap is Ian Lowe and Jordan George on fire?!

Lowe posting a 4-point game last night, not to mention the 5-point weekend against Duluth.

Georgey had 3 points against Duluth including the OT snipe. Last night he posted 2 goals and 1 assist as well.

Bakala has been playing great too! The team is starting to shape up after that mid-season crumble.

LETS GO BEAVS!

BC/HE
01-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Attendance from the boxscores lastnight:
UAH-Niagara 1086
Huntsville Havoc game 2771
Anyone there to confirm whether they cleared the rink out or not between games? Sounds like they had two great close games to watch.