Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Alabama-Huntsville at Robert Morris :Chargers sweep
    Niagara at Bemidji State : BSU takes one; tie in the other

Comment

A "hard fought" 8-2 win for the Beavers tonight . Actually it was a physical game throughout and was 1-1 early in the 2nd period before the Beavers broke out in a big way!
      -BSU Jake

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        I know I'm not part of the regular crew on this thread but I'd like to give my thoughts about this weekend:

RMU has the ability to provide shocking upsets as well as getting soundly beaten. UAH is likely to play more consistently. Split with both games being by at least 3 goals.

BSU has a potent program and is at home. Niagara is a lot better than their record indicates and is probably the only team in the country that can claim to be within 1 goal with 5 minutes to play in every game this year. I don't expect that to change this weekend with two very close games of the 3-2 or 5-4 type with Niagara taking both.
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

2009 Frozen Four!

2010 3-peat CHA Regular Season Champs!

Comment

Here's John's story on BSU's 8-2 win over Niagara
          http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...34/group/home/

and my photo gallery from the game
          http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...allery/id/328/

-Eric

Comment

Beavers take the sweep with a sloppy 3-2 win that came down to the last seconds. Mankato comes in next weekend for 2!
            -BSU Jake

Comment

I know I'm not part of the regular crew on this thread but I'd like to give my thoughts about this weekend:

RMU has the ability to provide shocking upsets as well as getting soundly beaten. UAH is likely to play more consistently. Split with both games being by at least 3 goals.

BSU has a potent program and is at home. Niagara is a lot better than their record indicates and is probably the only team in the country that can claim to be within 1 goal with 5 minutes to play in every game this year. I don't expect that to change this weekend with two very close games of the 3-2 or 5-4 type with Niagara taking both.
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2009 Frozen Four!

Comment

Originally posted by GOBEAVS View Post
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                I know I was wrong with my predictions but any true BSU fan must feel lucky to have come out of that second game with a win. Niagara not only outshot them by quite a bit but also physically took it to them. That is more like the Niagara team that is developing and remember that the league tournament is in Niagara. You should really hold off on your HAHA's until it is all over. By the way I am first and foremost a Boston College fan and this BC team is developing into a juggernaut under Coach York. It may be his fastest team ever and that is saying quite a lot. Be careful you never know who may get the last laugh.

Comment

I know I was wrong with my predictions but any true BSU fan must feel lucky to have come out of that second game with a win. Niagara not only outshot them by quite a bit but also physically took it to them. That is more like the Niagara team that is developing and remember that the league tournament is in Niagara. You should really hold off on your HAHA's until it is all over. By the way I am first and foremost a Boston College fan and this BC team is developing into a juggernaut under Coach York. It may be his fastest team ever and that is saying quite a lot. Be careful you never know who may get the last laugh.
                  I was at Friday night's game and BSU took it too Niagara, they have won two games the whole year... Hockey East is a shell of it's former self and they are not a very good league. Even if BSU was to lose the CHA tourney, they will probably make the tourney as an at large bid. Swing and a miss.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I was at center ice for both nights games. Fridays wasnt as close as the 8-2 score even though Niagaras coach tried to say the opposite the day after. That game could have easily been 12-2.

As for last night: It was the refs that kept the Purps in the game. They didnt call tripping that occured right in front of them a foot away, or a spearing penalty delivered to Jordan Georges family jewels. Serratore was rightfully screaming at the refs the entire second period. Also in looking at Niagaras 2 goals the first only happend because Hunt held unto the puck too long behind his own net. A gift that was centered out front to a wide open Purp. The second was an empty net advantage goal. After seeing all three other CHA teams this year I dont even think that Niagaras the second best behind the Beavers. So go ahead and keep predicting.
                    BEAVER FEVER!

Comment

I don't know if you were at both games or not, but I was. Niagra looked horrible both nights. Bemidji took it to them Friday night, and Saturday night could have easily been the same. The Beavers didn't get the shots, but they sure did get the scoring chances. (Examples: Jordan George fanning on a wide-open net on his knees, Matt Read almost taking the lower half of the crossbar off on that breakaway, not to mention countless pucks that slid right behind the goalie to go untouched.) Saturday was certainly not a good showing for the Beavers, but i'll agree when the BSU student section on Niagra's first goal. "You got lucky." Oh - and what was up with the officials last night? They were making some horrible calls, and missed a lot of obvious calls on both sides.
                      Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
                      THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by bsubuffs33 View Post
                        I was at center ice for both nights games. Fridays wasnt as close as the 8-2 score even though Niagaras coach tried to say the opposite the day after. That game could have easily been 12-2..
                        If it wasn't for the NU goalie who played pretty good for being left out to dry by his defenders it could have been 12, 13, 14 - 2 Friday night.
                        Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                          I was at Friday night's game and BSU took it too Niagara, they have won two games the whole year... Hockey East is a shell of it's former self and they are not a very good league. Even if BSU was to lose the CHA tourney, they will probably make the tourney as an at large bid. Swing and a miss.
                          I cannot beleive you made that comment about Hockey East. Three of the last 4 years they have had 2 of the Frozen 4 teams and have won it the last two years. Last years champion BU is fighting to stay out of last place only one point ahead but PC has 3 games in hand. BU is not a bad team but just one with a bad record. Hockey East may very likely repeat. Western teams were unable to deal with BC's speed before and they are even faster now.

Comment

I cannot beleive you made that comment about Hockey East. Three of the last 4 years they have had 2 of the Frozen 4 teams and have won it the last two years.
                            Better get your believer fixed, because Hiockey East isn't very good this season. Yeah they were good last season, but I don't see anything that impresses me in Hockey East this season. If your going to come on a CHA thread and beat your chest for a team that is God Awful expect something to come back your way. I was at the game on Friday and Niagara was chewed up and spit out.
                            Last edited by Goon; 12-06-2009, 06:47 PM.
                            Eric's Twitter

Comment

HAHAHA dont you think its funny how BSU plays one of their worst games of the year and still beats niagara and if we keep playing the way we are we wont even have to win the CHA tourny, so keep trying to make excuses for your team cause friday it looked like they are no contest at all.

2009 Frozen Four!

Comment

You should have actually been at the game instead of looking at only stats. Bemidji State had many plays where the puck was behind Niagara's goilie and it never went in. Not to mention too many offside whistles blown that shouldn't have been. If you shoot a million times and none are quality shots, then what good does that do your team. Niagara should feel lucky to have come within 1 goal because it could have been a much bigger margin.

Comment

Working...
                                X