Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    It's actually much worse than that - BSU is now 20-2-2 (.875 win%) vs. UAH since March 3, 2006...
    Don't forget the DII days as I am sure UAH has a distinct advantage. UAH reply in 3,2,1.................
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
      Don't forget the DII days as I am sure UAH has a distinct advantage. UAH reply in 3,2,1.................
      DII?!? What's DII?!?

Comment

BSU has now taken over the all-time series with a 32-27-3 lead vs. UAH.

Yes, the Chargers started fast (D-II, BSU was 3-5 vs. UAH with the two teams splitting their National Championship appearances - BSU winning in '94 and '97 and UAH in '96 and '98), but they have faded. In fact, UAH won 15 of the first 17 D-I meetings between the two schools...
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

BSU up to #11 in the recent USCHO.com rankings . Keep movin' on up! Nebraska-Omaha is #10, looks like the WCHA is getting a couple good ones. Its still time for the WCHA to drop Michigan Tech and Alaska-Anchorage, and keep the league at 10 teams for next year
          -BSU Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
            BSU up to #11 in the recent USCHO.com rankings . Keep movin' on up! Nebraska-Omaha is #10, looks like the WCHA is getting a couple good ones. Its still time for the WCHA to drop Michigan Tech and Alaska-Anchorage, and keep the league at 10 teams for next year

BSU is #12 in the USA Today poll and #13 in the INCH Power Rankings.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

BSU being ranked 11th on USCHO is the highest in school history!

2009 Frozen Four!

2010 3-peat CHA Regular Season Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                I love it when Moose does my dirty work for me.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                  DII?!? What's DII?!?
                  That NCAA division where the rest of your sports are at.

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
                  Along with the Hockey team rolling right now, there's a good chance that the BSU football team just might make the playoffs this year. This week regional rankings have Bemidji St at seventh in the region, and the team in the sixth spot, Hillsdale, plays a team that does them no favors at this time of year, winless Tiffin. They're probably going to be wanting Tiffin to come down with the swine flu or something just so they don't have to play that game.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Great to see the Beavers playing so well. I have to say I was a little nervous about that last game, but good ol Matt Read Pulled through again!!! Love that kid! With Ben Kinne to finish it off in Overtime! I'm looking forward to them playing at home this weekend, should be another great series!

Comment

Slovakian standout commits to play hockey at Bemidji State

The Tri-City Storm of Kearney, Neb., announced that forward Radoslav Illo has committed to Bemidji State University and will attend the school following his United States Hockey League career, according to the USHL Web site.

"First of all, it's a beautiful campus on a lake and a small college that makes me feel close to everyone," said Illo. "Bemidji is a solid program and I'm looking forward to attending school there."

"The hockey team is moving to the WCHA (Western Collegiate Hockey Association) and has a brand new rink being built. After visiting the campus, I was thrilled that I will be playing hockey at Bemidji. I'm now able to focus on the team (the Storm) and the task at hand with this commitment behind me."

The 19-year-old native of Bystrica, Slovakia, currently leads the Storm with six goals, which also ranks tied for third in the USHL. Last season, he led the Storm with 21 goals and ranked second on the club with 33 points (21g, 12a) in 47 games played. Illo is one of 13 NHL Draft Selections playing in the USHL this season after he was picked by the Anaheim Ducks in the fifth round (136th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

"We are really excited for Radoslav and his commitment to Bemidji State," said Drew Schoneck, Tri-City Storm Head Coach. "Bemidji is a great program and they're headed in the right direction. We are in the business to help these players get to college and it's great to see Rado make his commitment."

Current USHL player Mitch Cain of the Des Moines Buccaneers is also committed to Bemidji State University.

Seven members on the Bemidji State University men's hockey team this season are former USHL players; Jake Areshenko (Fargo Force), Ryan Cramer (Waterloo Black Hawks), Kyle Hardwick (Lincoln Stars), Ben Kinne (Sioux City Musketeers), Tyler Lehrke (Green Bay Gamblers), Chris Peluso (Sioux Falls Stampede), and Matt Read (Des Moines Buccaneers).
                      Last edited by Nate86; 11-03-2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Niagara vs. Massachusetts*: UMass Sweep
                        Robert Morris at Bemidji State: Bemidji, Win & Tie
                        Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Friday-Sunday
                          Niagara vs. Massachusetts (home-and-home)*: Split

Friday-Saturday
                          Robert Morris at Bemidji State (2): Beavs 3 points
                          Fear the Green

Comment

Minutemen and Beaver sweeps

Comment

Beavers sweep, but Niagara pull out a split against ZooMass.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Tough call...ahhh going with sweeps
                                umass sweep
                                beavs sweep

Comment

Working...
                                X