PDA

View Full Version : CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

beaverhockey
10-07-2009, 03:23 PM
For Beaver fans, former BSU player Scott Monsrud passed away yesterday after a short battle with cancer.

miker
10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
For Beaver fans, former BSU player Scott Monsrud passed away yesterday after a short battle with cancer.

http://www.mahnfamilyfuneralhome.com/content/obituaries/view.jsp?OID=52459

Douglas
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
A question mark rather than a smiley face? I'd say try again, or, let Millsy do it right...You apparently don't get the significance of the question mark so any explanation is simply a waste of time. Millsy is well aware the he can post any kind of write up that he sees fit to print or... to not do it based on his available time and inclination. If you want a dissertation on the state of the CHA then I suggest YOU write one up and oh, feel free to start a new thread so you don't have to look for probably the only thread starting with a question mark.:p :rolleyes:

5hole
10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Just an FYI ... Purps games will be broadcast free on Yahoo!
http://www.purpleeagles.com/sports/news/release.asp?release_id=11634

MikeAnderson
10-07-2009, 05:47 PM
You apparently don't get the significance of the question mark so any explanation is simply a waste of time. Millsy is well aware the he can post any kind of write up that he sees fit to print or... to not do it based on his available time and inclination. If you want a dissertation on the state of the CHA then I suggest YOU write one up and oh, feel free to start a new thread so you don't have to look for probably the only thread starting with a question mark.:p :rolleyes:

Are we seeing some of that WCHA arrogance a season early? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

moose97
10-07-2009, 06:36 PM
You apparently don't get the significance of the question mark so any explanation is simply a waste of time. Millsy is well aware the he can post any kind of write up that he sees fit to print or... to not do it based on his available time and inclination. If you want a dissertation on the state of the CHA then I suggest YOU write one up and oh, feel free to start a new thread so you don't have to look for probably the only thread starting with a question mark.:p :rolleyes:

Are we seeing some of that WCHA arrogance a season early? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

You know, internet protocol doesn't let you rip into me just by adding a smiley at the end... :confused:

All I'm saying is, historically, a smile is added to all CHA Thoughts and Prognostications threads. Why should this one be different? And, as an aside (specifically directed at you, Mike) - how is it I'm the arrogant one, when a UAH fan starts a conference thread, where the other three teams have no questions as to their future, yet the thread has a question mark because of one team - UAH? Seems like Independant-team arrogance a season early... :mad: ;) (does my smiley make it all better?)

edit - and, seriously, it was an offhanded comment - I'm not broken up over it (the lack of smiley), and hadn't even given it a second thought after my initial post. I don't understand the harsh retort...

sunylong
10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Colgate @ NU: The Niagara University
UAH @ Notre Dame: ND Sweep
AFA @ BSU: Split

My season prediction
1) BSU
2) NU
3) UAH
4) RMU

Douglas
10-07-2009, 08:10 PM
You know, internet protocol doesn't let you rip into me just by adding a smiley at the end... :confused: So internet protocol allows you to rip into me if you don't use a smilie? Since I didn't use a smile in the thread I'm an idiot and should have done it over or, since I'm obviously so incompetent, I should have let Millsy do it, huh?

All I'm saying is, historically, a smile is added to all CHA Thoughts and Prognostications threads. Why should this one be different?Well, primarily because it's the last one! And there have been a few threads started that had no smilie at all. I have been a vocal proponent for adding them simply to make it easier to find amongst the clutter on the main menu. Yes, I know I could bookmark it but I like to look over many threads and see where we are located.

And, as an aside (specifically directed at you, Mike) - how is it I'm the arrogant one, when a UAH fan starts a conference thread, where the other three teams have no questions as to their future, yet the thread has a question mark because of one team - UAH? Seems like Independant-team arrogance a season early... :mad: ;) (does my smiley make it all better?)So, for a UAH fan to start a conference thread is arrogant? I didn't know that was reserved for a Beaver fan. Oops, I obviously stepped on many toes. And simply because three of the four teams have a league to step into you think there are NO other questions as to their futures??? Now that is truly arrogant. I'll spell it out: The question mark is for the future of all of the CHA teams... 1. How will they do in their new conferences? 2. How will the reduced scholarships affect the Purps in the future?? 3. Will the Beavers make the frozen four again within 10 years??? 4. Will UAH ever find a conference???? 5. Will Bobby Mo make the NCAA's this year????? There are simply a ton of questions for the final year of the CHA!!! Hence, the Question Mark.

edit - and, seriously, it was an offhanded comment - I'm not broken up over it (the lack of smiley), and hadn't even given it a second thought after my initial post. I don't understand the harsh retort...Well maybe you should reread your "offhanded comment" and consider it aimed at yourself. I'm not the only one offended by your comments (I've received a few emails) since I thought I was doing everyone a favor by starting it since the week was under way and many people needed a place to put their prognostications, me included. There, I'm done.:D (Does that make it better?)

BeaverStudent99
10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
This week's action:
Friday Only 10-9-09
Colgate @ NU for 1: --> NU

Fri & Sat 10-9 & 10-10-09
UAH @ Notre Dame for 2: ---> ND
AFA @ BSU for 2: ---> BSU

bigmrg74
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
*looks around*

Yep, its Hockey Season!! :D :D

moose97
10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
So, for a UAH fan to start a conference thread is arrogant? I didn't know that was reserved for a Beaver fan. Oops, I obviously stepped on many toes. And simply because three of the four teams have a league to step into you think there are NO other questions as to their futures??? Now that is truly arrogant. I'll spell it out: The question mark is for the future of all of the CHA teams... 1. How will they do in their new conferences? 2. How will the reduced scholarships affect the Purps in the future?? 3. Will the Beavers make the frozen four again within 10 years??? 4. Will UAH ever find a conference???? 5. Will Bobby Mo make the NCAA's this year????? There are simply a ton of questions for the final year of the CHA!!! Hence, the Question Mark.
Good lord, get over yourself. You may come back to this thread next year to ask yourself how Niagara is adjusting to the reduced scholarships, or how BSU is doing in the WCHA, etc., but I think I'll (and most of us will) have moved on in, say, about six months.

In fact, of that list you provide, the only legit one that'll be covered in this thread is if RMU will make the NCAA's. I don't see UAH finding a conference until next summer at the earliest, and that'll get it's own threat by then...

Call it "WCHA arrogance" if you want...

Well maybe you should reread your "offhanded comment" and consider it aimed at yourself. I'm not the only one offended by your comments (I've received a few emails)...There, I'm done.:D (Does that make it better?)
Let it go. Tell the folks e-mailing you to let it go too. Life's too short to get ****ed off about a throw-away comment on the internet. Really... :) :cool: :D ;) :p ;) :D :cool: :) :cool: :D ;) :p

5hole
10-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .... sigh :(

Choirboy
10-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow Guys, Seriously???

Watch this and get over it. 1-Minute of a Hottie Dancing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Spydey629
10-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Wow Guys, Seriously???

Watch this and get over it. 1-Minute of a Hottie Dancing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Rick Astley?!?! Seriously!?!? Aye Carumba!

MikeAnderson
10-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Rick Astley?!?! Seriously!?!? Aye Carumba!

Talk about bad form on the internet...outing a Rickroll is always bad form. :)

Spydey629
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Talk about bad form on the internet...outing a Rickroll is always bad form. :)

Then I go to the box... by myself... for two minutes, I feel shame... and then I get free. ;)

Choirboy
10-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Then I go to the box... by myself... for two minutes, I feel shame... and then I get free. ;)

:)

huskyhockey2000
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Whoa! You all need to settle down. It's a college hockey thread, for goodness sake!

thebrain
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Colgate @ NU for 1: --> The toothpaste school
UAH @ Notre Dame for 2: ---> Fighting Irish Sweep
AFA @ BSU for 2: ---> Split, this is tough...Air Force is returning their top players and do we know who anything about BSU's goaltending this year? Air Force swept BSU last year in Colorado Springs...I'm going to go with a split...

Radiostar_01
10-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm baaaaaack. :rolleyes:

Friday Only 10-9-09
Colgate @ NU for 1: --> Purps

Fri & Sat 10-9 & 10-10-09
UAH @ Notre Dame for 2: ---> Golden Domers sweep
AFA @ BSU for 2: ---> The brothers split again