Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack v. University of North Dakota

No series thread yet?

North Dakota's annual exhibition against the Washington Generals is over. It's now time to turn to the games that count.

Am I correct that this is the first meeting between the schools? I know virtually nothing about Merrimack's team other than they were picked to finish quite low in Hockey East. Any input from Merrimack posters would be appreciated.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Re: Merrimack v. University of North Dakota

I'm getting some dirt on the Mack. I'll post it as soon as I can.
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Given UND's history of slow starts and MC's resurgence as a pretty good team, this could be an interesting weekend.
      The Mack has good goaltending and D. Will try to keep ND opportunities on the perimeter. Not a lot of scoring from the Mack, but that may change this year. Very young last season but they have some kids that can light the lamp.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

merrimack for all you und fans is much improved over recent years... they have upgraded there talent level the last few years with some nice recruiting classes..just 4 years ago the entire team was ready to walk away from the program if there was not a coaching change, crazy as it seems..mark dennehy has turned the attitude and talenet level around... they have outstanding goaltending whick keeps them in most games..they play a defensive style, keeping things to the outside, and block a ton of shots...with the new higher skilled talent dennehy has opened up the system, for attacking rather than sit back...they are a much better skating team now, and lost 12 one goal games last year...they are known as the hardest working teams in hockey east, and can play with anybody....

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
          I'm getting some dirt on the Mack. I'll post it as soon as I can.
          This should be interesting.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by classof87 View Post

...they are a much better skating team now, and lost 12 one goal games last year...they are known as the hardest working teams in hockey east, and can play with anybody....

Hey, I think North Dakota won about the same number of one goal games last year. Sounds like a plan!

Just looking at Merrimack's site, it does look like they return most of their team from a year ago, and they certainly played traditional HE powers like BC, BU and UNH tough last year.

With UND as one of the younger teams in the WCHA this year, should be a good early season test.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

They're better than PC.

And if that line doesn't end up on Dirty's blog, nothing will.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

People talk about Merrimack's lack of scoring but this team is capable of suddenly scoring multiple goals in spurts.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  This should be interesting.
                  I got sent this article by the radio announcer of Merrimack.

http://warriorrinkrat.com/2009/09/24...mack-warriors/

this is certainly nothing to sneeze at.
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I fail to see how a bunch of Jesus freaks can really even compete with UND. Why is this series even being played. Were any of the Miss Merrimack players even born the last time the team had a winning season?

Good to see Mike McMahon is stealing the Albany Riverrats logo. It's always nice to see someone using others work for their own personal website.

Sioux Sweep.
                    Last edited by Dirty; 10-05-2009, 01:42 PM.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      I fail to see how a bunch of Jesus freaks can really even compete with UND. Why is this series even being played. Were any of the Miss Merrimack players even born the last time the team had a winning season?

Sioux Sweep.
                      It is now officially the 2009-2010 hockey season with this post.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I also have the Merrimack Media guide.

http://www.merrimackathletics.com/sp...ockey_0910.pdf
                        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Why are you sad now?
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I got sent this article by the radio announcer of Merrimack.

http://warriorrinkrat.com/2009/09/24...mack-warriors/

Karl Stollery might be the most underrated player in HE. Watch him.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Why are you sad now?
                              cause...I'm seeing a split...
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X