Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack v. University of North Dakota

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    1. The highlight of the Merrimack seems to be their third jersey. Do people actually go to Merrimack games to watch the team play or do they just go because of the jersey?
    2. If I threw a rock at Lawler Arena, how many empty seats would it bounce off before hitting a Merrimack fan? 10? 20? 50? 500?
    3. Does Lawler even have 500 seats? My high school has a better rink than that.
    4. Players have to walk through the crowd to get to the ice?
    5. Does Lawler even have locker rooms or do the teams have to dress on a school bus?
    6. How many presidential administrations ago was the last Merrimack hat trick?
    7. Why do you feel it is OK to have a racist nickname?

Sioux Sweep
    1. Their jersey is awesome. That's undeniable.
    2. If they're playing PC, bet the over.
    3. Over 3,000.
    4. Only the visiting team.
    5. Yeah, the renovations didn't get much further. Their rink would be awesome if it were ever finished.
    6. Again, probably against PC. I'm glad we're not playing UND or else you'd have a field day, snork boy.
    7. Awesome.

I think Merrimack pulls off an upset. Either way, this thread will be awesome.
    Last edited by Jon; 10-06-2009, 03:57 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Cannata is a pretty solid goalie, and he is only a sophomore. and to the above post, there are probably more Merrimack fans in Grand Forks than in New England!
      Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

You have obviously been spending a bit too much time watching Paul Blart, Mall Cop when you should have been learning about sentence structure.

If Merrimack played these guys, who would win?

Sioux Sweep
        Merrimack High School, easily.

Sadly, I too am out of this argument due to a lack of post count. *Sigh*

Comment

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!
          Yeah, I don't have much more to add at the moment. Entertaining thread though
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I'll be one of the few MC fans traveling to the Ralph this weekend.... Looking forward to seeing the arena (and the atmosphere).

Funny story - when making our hotel reservation I asked the woman on the phone what we could do in the off time for entertainment (sites to see, etc...) - she said that they have 2 movie theatres and that's about all the entertainment they have....lmao

Go Warriors.....

Comment

You lied to me. That story wasn't funny.

Sioux Sweep
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                And Dirty, Quiz says the best thing about the Mack is that it has decent pizza.
                Dirty, Quiz hasn't been to Merrimack in quite some time, so her view on the pizza in the arena is dated and incorrect. Now, a few miles from the arena is Sal's Pizza and that is quite good. But in the arena, no.

Comment

Originally posted by warriors16 View Post
                  MC will still struggle to score goals as they lost Ricci who led the team in points every year he played.
                  Huh?

*****http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/drew/ricci.jpg******
                  'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Dirty.. I see your point. It's not funny, actually it's rather sad.

Comment

You lied to me. That story wasn't funny.

Sioux Sweep
                      Actually, that was really funny. The Mack is 40 minutes outside the city. You'd have to go four hours into Maine from Boston to find a hinterland as barren as Grand Forks.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                        Actually, that was really funny. The Mack is 40 minutes outside the city. You'd have to go four hours into Maine from Boston to find a hinterland as barren as Grand Forks.
                        And in that four hours, you won't find one Merrimack fan. BTW, The Mack? So now you're giving your crappy school a pro wrestling nickname? Rather desperate, no?

Sioux Sweep
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

And in that four hours, you won't find one Merrimack fan. BTW, The Mack? So now you're giving your crappy school a pro wrestling nickname? Rather desperate, no?

Sioux Sweep
                          Actually I didn't go there. Sounds like I struck a dirty nerve....

As far as I know, academically it's a good institution.

Comment

Originally posted by classof87 View Post
                            dirty's view from a doublewide, overlooking the thriveing metropolis of grand forks, where theres more bison than women,aint my idea of success...opps i left out the best part, that great job he holds down head of security, best buys grandforks mall... i hear they have great benefits, plus they throw in a 2 way radio, and really kool flashlight.doesnt take much to impress the women out there...
                            No he is living in his mothers basement. I think Dirty actually lives in Fargo, ND. I read it some where.
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Well, this is way off...Dirty's a 30 year old rail thin whiteboy, MC will not take one this week, and there are plenty of quality women in NoDak. The rest is spot on though.

Sioux Sweep. 4-1, 3-2
                              Lets not forget the various outfits, I thought I saw him wearing green tights one time and having a Sioux flag drapped over his shoulders.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                                Actually I didn't go there. Sounds like I struck a dirty nerve....

As far as I know, academically it's a good institution.
                                Merrimack College is a fine institution as enforced by Lee the Fighting Horned Frog and ... (where's Rittinger when you need him?)

Does Grand Forks have a Fudruckers? Is it anywhere near a metropolis as glorious as Lawrence MA?
                                I just know St. Augustine is in heaven somewhere preparing to smite Dirty for besmirching his glorious order...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X