Northeastern at Colorado College 9/10 Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern at Colorado College 9/10 Oct

So its 4-3 NU right now but we have one official shot this period and the third is half way over, the shot disparity is really hurting us right now. It sure seems like we are sitting back right now. Also, how many of these defensive zone faceoffs are we going to lose?

Comment

I agree with you there- great to hear that... It was a pretty tough one to get too, can't blame him too much...

I think I spoke too soon about our "restraint" as far as the penalties go... 7 penalties...

Another good save by Rawlings.
      Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
        I agree with you there- great to hear that... It was a pretty tough one to get too, can't blame him too much...

I think I spoke too soon about our "restraint" as far as the penalties go... 7 penalties...

Another good save by Rawlings.
        Id rather take the penalties and have a good Rawlings in net than play five on five with a sieve in net. That being said, a lot of the penalties are coming from the bottom lines, has there been a lot of matching lines by CC? I feel like Cronin would make sure they didn't get exposed by the top lines of an opponent if they were at Matthews with the last change.

Comment

First period- NU clearly dominates
          Second - Fairly even
          Third - CC is the clear winner here... NU really needs to step it up in the last 6 minmutes if they want to win this game...

GO NU

Comment

CC is looking very strong right now... that forecheck on our PP was just great hockey. NU is looking slow right now... COME ON HUSKIES PICK IT UP

GO NU

Comment

Penalty called against the Tigers in the last minute of play... definitely a nice break for NU at this point

GO NU

Comment

Another penalty against CC in the last 7 seconds. 2-man advantage here with 7 seconds left.

GO NU

Comment

HUSKIES WIN 4-3

GREAT game for Rawlings

GREAT 2 periods of hockey for NU

GO NU

Comment

Pleased with the split, especially with the PP production and the play of Rawlings tonight, sounds like he played a great game and the d failed him a few times. a little worried with the fact that we put our foot off the gas towards the end, but a win is a win, overall im happy, gotta love the production from the freshmen, especially vrolyk and veermersch.
                    Arenas Attended
                    Matthews Arena
                    Agganis Arena
                    Tsongas Arena
                    Lawler Arena
                    Schneider Arena
                    Mullins Center
                    TD Banknorth Garden
                    Conte Forum
                    Whittemore Center
                    Gutterson Fieldhouse
                    Alfond Arena
                    Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Rawlings with a 92% save percentage this game... I'll take that. Especially since there really weren't any soft goals this time around.

Great series CC. Glad no season-ending injuries occured this time around.

I'd say things are looking up for NU at this point. Letting up in the last period is definitely a mental thing, and you can bet Cronin is giong to work on that.

BTW, UVM is up 6-4 with 2 minutes left. Love to see HE bringing it... though it means we've got some stiff competition as always

GO NU

Comment

Good win, gentlemen. Great series by CC as well, I was pumped with Rawlings' play tonight as well as the play of our freshmen overall.

Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                          Pleased with the split, especially with the PP production and the play of Rawlings tonight, sounds like he played a great game and the d failed him a few times. a little worried with the fact that we put our foot off the gas towards the end, but a win is a win, overall im happy, gotta love the production from the freshmen, especially vrolyk and veermersch.
                          Congrats

Two pretty evenly matched teams with very similar style of play
                          Hope we play in Boston next year
                          ---------------------------
                          "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Comment

Home from the game, must say Rawlings was much better in net tonight. NU really took it to the Tigers in the first. NU deserved to win the game Saturday, they outplayed CC.

Very good weekend of hockey and it sure was a pleasure chatting with the Huskie fans here on the board this week. My best wishes to you and your fine team this season.

Cheers,
                            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by gmf1a View Post
                              Congrats

Two pretty evenly matched teams with very similar style of play
                              Hope we play in Boston next year

Road trip for sure!! Hey JS Tigers, get your pad ready, we would like to crash at your joint.
                              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                                Home from the game, must say Rawlings was much better in net tonight. NU really took it to the Tigers in the first. NU deserved to win the game Saturday, they outplayed CC.

Very good weekend of hockey and it sure was a pleasure chatting with the Huskie fans here on the board this week. My best wishes to you and your fine team this season.

Cheers,

I always enjoy playing out of conference games against WCHA opponents. I think this weekend proved that both teams have a lot of talent but also a lot to work on as well if they want to compete for the top couple of spots in their respective conferences. As always, the CC fans on the board had tons of class and were very knowledgable about their team and college hockey in general. Hopefully, we will see you again in a much bigger game at a neutral site.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X