Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

so how about 3 goals against in 3 games...they have my attention.
    see you in the pound

Comment

From Coach Daniels, in last night's game story, regarding Chupp's CFB:

I don’t know where that came from,” said Daniels. “He [Chupp] just took a run at a guy. You’re not going to win too many hockey games taking those kinds of penalties.
      If you're serious about fixing this, put some of these guys in a suit instead of a sweater for a game if they're going to do things like that. Put some action behind your words. And if it continues, pull his "C". You get exactly what you tolerate.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Oh, and by the way, this announcer did a better job than anything I heard out of Mr. Beckwith the past few years. However, it's probably not a good idea to say that "that sucks" when talking about something on the air. You know there's some old bitty woman that's going to have a fit over that up in Big Rapids, and she's sure to let the program director know about it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Oh, and by the way, this announcer did a better job than anything I heard out of Mr. Beckwith the past few years. However, it's probably not a good idea to say that "that sucks" when talking about something on the air. You know there's some old bitty woman that's going to have a fit over that up in Big Rapids, and she's sure to let the program director know about it.
          I heard he announced juniors or something before. I believe he's a freshman at Ferris and I want to say his brother is on the team, so he should know hockey.

Go Dawgs!
          "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
          - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
          CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Is there anyway to listen to WWBR online without paying? FSU is only providing away audio broadcasts! The torture I go through to follow this team.
            "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
            - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
            CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

It's my understanding that the answer is no.

At least the B2 feed appears to be in order tonight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

A 6-1 win gives us the (expected) sweep. Couple of things.

4 games. 4 goals allowed. Very nice job on the defensive side of things.

However, now 5 CFB's in 4 games. The announcing crew was whining about this one (Wietecha's today) when it was called, but as soon as I saw it happen and before the whistle blew, the first thing in my head was "Uh-oh, that's 5 and a game". The NCAA has been cracking down on this for 5 years, and it's squarely in the rule book. If you hit a guy from behind into the boards, especially from a foot or two from the boards, you're getting 5 and an immediate trip to the locker room. It's cut and dried. The referee's only discretion is whether it's a misconduct or a DQ. And it's got to stop. This is the discipline I've been yammering about for years.

A 3-1 record against Canisius and UConn are NOT getting us ranked. I don't even think a sweep of Robert Morris would do the trick, either. Besides, the rankings don't mean squat. You deal with the PWR after the first of the year and go from there.

Very happy with the weekend series, especially with 4-5 forwards out sick.
                Last edited by Hammer; 10-17-2009, 06:48 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                  I heard he announced juniors or something before. I believe he's a freshman at Ferris and I want to say his brother is on the team, so he should know hockey.
                  Absolutely right! His name is Dominic Hennig and his brother Nate (#21) is a junior LW for Ferris. Dom also attends Ferris. He has a web site (cchaarenaguide.com) that has his bio. He does know the game, and is fun to listen to!!
                  Last edited by hanasoni; 10-17-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Ferris is leading the nation in PIM and they aren't even messing around with the competition. 34 minutes/game leads #2 Ohio State which has 28 minutes/game. The bright spot is the whole 22 for 23 on the PK. I've got my Just For Men ready...I'll need it after this season.
                    see you in the pound

Comment

Well, 43 PIM came after the final whistle in the 2nd game against Canisius, and 28 of those were offsetting. That's still keeping the averages abnormally high, even for this team. What really concerns me are the 4 majors we've taken for Checking From Behind, in only 4 games. Those absolutely have to stop, immediately if not sooner.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
                        Absolutely right! His name is Dominic Hennig and his brother Nate (#21) is a junior LW for Ferris. Dom also attends Ferris. He has a web site (cchaarenaguide.com) that has his bio. He does know the game, and is fun to listen to!!
                        You should hear this kid call a game, it is fun to listen to. He makes it interesting and makes you WANT to listen to the game instead of actually go to the game!

I believe he just turned 18 last weekend, said Coach Daniels in an interview over the radio. I'm telling you, this kid might be leaving early just like players do for the nhl, haha he might be the first radio guy to leave early!

Hey guys, since we're all Ferris State Hockey Fans here, I'm sure we have tithes with the team in some way or another. What do you think about introducing ourselves?

My name is Matt Attord, I am a Big Rapids, Michigan native and lived here (Big Rapids) my entire life. At 43 years of age, I've been following Bulldog hockey for the past 5 years, and LOVE everything about it. Any other questions, let me know.
                        Last edited by FerrisStateHockeyFan; 10-18-2009, 10:01 PM. Reason: .

Comment

You don't get my info unless you meet me in person.

As for the play-by-play, the kid's fine. The only thing I'd really change is the goal call, where he screams for about 14 seconds. It's out of place, sounds contrived, and is flat out horrid. Rule of thumb: if it sounds like something you see in soccer, it's a good idea to swap it out and come up with something else.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't mind it. It brings excitement and energy to the broadcast.

But all in all, I'm happy with him being the new radio guy for Ferris State.

Comment

The penalty kills have helped the team ,but the amount of PPs given up will decide alot of games in the CCHA regular season.

Nice to see the scoring spread out and the play of the freshman has been good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Rule of thumb: if it sounds like something you see in soccer, it's a good idea to swap it out and come up with something else.
                                Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé.... Olé.... Olé.

I'd shoot myself before I ever watched a game in Mankato.

Comment

Working...
                                X