Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

Originally posted by Thebigbadwolf View Post
    To be clear the lineup is posted and set on Tuesday of each week.Dom said that last night and I know this is true.
    No, he said it is generally the case, because Friday Eric Alexander took over Todd Pococke's spot. So it has the ability to change. Dom also said Northern Michigan's goaltender - Brian Stewart would be goaltender of the week. He was right - http://www.ccha.com/ccha_players_of_...or_feb._8.aspx

We need six this weekend

Comment

We needed six last weekend, and we saw how well that turned out.

Yes, I'm still ****ed.

EDIT: Also, cheer like hell for UNO this weekend. I haven't looked who they're playing, but we need them all the same.

EDIT II: Yeah, UNO is 5 points behind us, but if we can't handle our own business any better than we have the last two weeks, we're screwed anyway, but I'd rather have them in the top 25 of the RPI and in the PWR than not, with our 2-0 record against them.
      Last edited by Hammer; 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        We needed six last weekend, and we saw how well that turned out.

Yes, I'm still ****ed.

EDIT: Also, cheer like hell for UNO this weekend. I haven't looked who they're playing, but we need them all the same.

EDIT II: Yeah, UNO is 5 points behind us, but if we can't handle our own business any better than we have the last two weeks, we're screwed anyway, but I'd rather have them in the top 25 of the RPI and in the PWR than not, with our 2-0 record against them.
        Playing Michigan, Hammer. In Omaha.

BTW- UNO has never sw_ _ t a series from them in ten seasons. This may be the first year that they could. I'm calling a split, seems to be the trend for Michigan, anyway.

But, keep in mind Michigan finishes up with BG tonight at Yost. They could be in 4th by the end of the night, 3 pts behind FSU with two games in hand on MSU, Alaska, UNO and ND.
        Last edited by streaker; 02-09-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Yeah, well UNO's schedule doesn't get any easier after they're done with Michigan. I just looked. They finish with Miami and Bemidji. Ugh. If they can go 3-3 and win a 1st round series, their strength of schedule might pull their RPI into the top 25 and make them a TUC. We've got two games in hand with them, but we make those up this weekend in the Soo.

I didn't expect this team to fall out of bed the last two weeks. 0-2-2 against OSU and NMU is not what I had in mind. One win each weekend would have put us in 2nd place and would have put our tourney chances on solid ice (bad pun intended). Now we're a bubble team and we're going to have to scramble to get in. We've got LSSU this weekend, a home and home against MSU, and both of those look awfully daunting given the way we've played since beating Michigan. We're 1-5-2 since sweeping Notre Dame.

I was pleased after we got done with the Michigan series. What a difference two weeks makes. It's still in our hands, but man, it didn't need to be this dammed difficult.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Yeah, well UNO's schedule doesn't get any easier after they're done with Michigan. I just looked. They finish with Miami and Bemidji. Ugh. If they can go 3-3 and win a 1st round series, their strength of schedule might pull their RPI into the top 25 and make them a TUC. We've got two games in hand with them, but we make those up this weekend in the Soo.

I didn't expect this team to fall out of bed the last two weeks. 0-2-2 against OSU and NMU is not what I had in mind. One win each weekend would have put us in 2nd place and would have put our tourney chances on solid ice (bad pun intended). Now we're a bubble team and we're going to have to scramble to get in. We've got LSSU this weekend, a home and home against MSU, and both of those look awfully daunting given the way we've played since beating Michigan. We're 1-5-2 since sweeping Notre Dame.

I was pleased after we got done with the Michigan series. What a difference two weeks makes. It's still in our hands, but man, it didn't need to be this dammed difficult.
            Well I/we Michigan fans have the same dilemma. We see that LSSU is #19 in the PWR just ahead of us. We own 2-0 h2h edge on them, so they help us by winning if we hold the overall comparison and they remain a TUC. Climbing into the top 16 PWR is not going to be easy now. But, I want a split to keep them behind us, and to keep the Bulldogs within hailing distance, give us a better chance in the CCHA tourney. If you sweep, then it helps us too, I guess, since the chances of catching FSU also hinges on Michigan's own decision to not blow games. Fat chance. Anything more than a 4th place finish would be a bonus now. After UNO we have NMU at Yost (2) and the H&H with ND. It's clearly in our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by SkimeySalamander View Post
              No, he said it is generally the case, because Friday Eric Alexander took over Todd Pococke's spot. So it has the ability to change. Dom also said Northern Michigan's goaltender - Brian Stewart would be goaltender of the week. He was right - http://www.ccha.com/ccha_players_of_...or_feb._8.aspx

We need six this weekend
              The only reason it changed was due to a death and Pococke not being able to play. Now the Sautrday game day is a whole different animal as it will depend on who has played well

Comment

Hey Guys,

Below are this week's important facts to stay in touch, hope you all can watch/listen. Ferris State Hockey at Lake Superior State Lakers. Friday at 7:00pm. Saturday at 7:00pm:

Friday:

Live Stats - http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...x/mfsulssa.f12

Ferris State's Online Audio Broadcast FREE (must have realplayer) - http://161.57.5.17/ramgen/broadcast/test.rm

Ferris State's Online Video/Audio Broadcast (B2 Networks $7.00) - http://www.b2livetv.com/partner_memb...ckey%20Men%27s

Live Twitter Feed - www.Twitter.com/FerrisHockey

E-Mail the Radio Booth - SportsRadio@Ferris.edu

Saturday:

Live Stats - http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...x/mfsulssa.f13

Ferris State's Online Audio Broadcast FREE (must have realplayer)http://161.57.5.17/ramgen/broadcast/test.rm

Ferris State's Online Video/Audio Broadcast (B2 Networks $7.00) - http://www.b2livetv.com/partner_memb...ckey%20Men%27s

Live Twitter Feed - www.Twitter.com/FerrisHockey

E-Mail the Radio Booth - SportsRadio@Ferris.edu

Enjoy and Go Bulldogs!

Comment

I saw CCHA Weekly today. They were in Big Rapids last weekend. They focused on the officials and it was interesting to see them break down all of their calls and no calls after the Friday game. Surprisingly, I have gained a respect for Mark Wilkins. I never thought this day would come.
                  see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
                    I saw CCHA Weekly today. They were in Big Rapids last weekend. They focused on the officials and it was interesting to see them break down all of their calls and no calls after the Friday game. Surprisingly, I have gained a respect for Mark Wilkins. I never thought this day would come.
                    Whatever you're smoking I want some...
                    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

and just like that it's over. don't be surprised if we are traveling in the first round of the tournament.
                      see you in the pound

Comment

Hmmm...2 goals in the last :40? Are you kidding me? C'mon boys, give it a run....

Comment

Ferris State Hockey:

epic fail pictures
                          see more Epic Fails

God, that was fun...

Comment

Uhhh, I just saw the box. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
                              and just like that it's over. don't be surprised if we are traveling in the first round of the tournament.
                              No way. With games in hand over the 2 teams right behind you and teams like Notre Dame or Ohio State needing to win out if Ferris wins just 1 or 2 of their last five games I cannot possibly imagine you falling to 9th place. PlayoffStatus.com gives them a less than 1% chance of finishing 9th or 10th, while calculating a nearly 80% chance of holding on to a first round bye. I will grant their not playing their best hockey at the most important time of the season.

Comment

Rough, rough ending. I was there, and Ferris had control of that game going into the 3rd. Something just appeared wrong, especially in the last 5 minutes. Literally, the Lakers controlled the puck in Ferris' zone for nearly the entire 5 minutes. And yes, 3 goals were scored in about 30 seconds. It was unbelievable. One of the craziest endings to a hockey game I have ever witnessed. Unfortunately for Ferris, they came out on the losing end. It should have never happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X