Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

To be clear the lineup is posted and set on Tuesday of each week.Dom said that last night and I know this is true.

Comment

Interesting...
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tonight's game is big. I'm comforted that everyone who saw/listened to the game thought the Bulldogs out played them but just weren't able to pull out the win. That occasionally happens in hockey, so tonight we need to prove who is the better team on the scoreboard.

Fox Sports Detroit Plus eh? I don't recall so much television coverage at Ewigleben in all my years, I could definitely get use to this.
        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

I'm just glad we got a point out of last night. If that goal in the 3rd would have counted we probably would have got zero out of it. Hopefully Wietecha comes back soon because when Hill/Schmit are on the ice together it is really scary!

Lets hope a crowd shows up tonight. Last night's was a joke. Having a half empty, quiet place tonight on TV would be embarrassing.

I think Nagle has a shot to take the No. 1 spot for good tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeytown100 View Post
            I'm just glad we got a point out of last night. If that goal in the 3rd would have counted we probably would have got zero out of it. Hopefully Wietecha comes back soon because when Hill/Schmit are on the ice together it is really scary!

Lets hope a crowd shows up tonight. Last night's was a joke. Having a half empty, quiet place tonight on TV would be embarrassing.

I think Nagle has a shot to take the No. 1 spot for good tonight...
            They both have a positive +/-, but it scares the crap out of me when they come on the ice. Both have pretty poor puck handling and have made exceptionally stupid passes in their own zone (like last night with Schmit, Hill fumbling it around against Alaska in overtime).

Like I mentioned, the crowd was very weak last night. Not sure if that's just because Ferris was playing Northern or what, but it seemed like the building was empty last night. It was pretty disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by totalx View Post
              Like I mentioned, the crowd was very weak last night. Not sure if that's just because Ferris was playing Northern or what, but it seemed like the building was empty last night. It was pretty disappointing.
              See, I don't think I buy the "It's just Northern" excuse at at this point in the season. Given this team's record, if anyone's been paying any attention at all in Big Rapids, they've got to know that this is a good team this year with a legitimate shot at our 2nd NCAA tournament bid in school history. There should have been no less than 2,000 in the house last night, and even more tonight.

I'm not taking a shot at you on this one. In fact, I hold the university blameless on this one, both the marketing department, and for now, the students (as long as they filled the student section last night). It's not the marketing department's fault if, 2/3 of the way through the season, they've been promoting a team with this kind of record and this is the kind of attendance we get. I've been very tough on the marketing department in the past, but any criticism about last night's attendance would be unwarranted in this case.

This team deserves better treatment from their fans than this. You bet your *** that if I lived in Grand Rapids instead of Adrian, I'd have a set of season tickets and my butt would have been in Ewigleben last night.
              Last edited by Hammer; 02-06-2010, 03:55 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

No, I completely understand. When the guys came out of the locker room right before the start of the first, I looked around and saw sections H,J, and K with scattered folks in them. I don't even believe that the student section was even filled. I can't seem to find a reason why both students and residents of the community were not there last night. The team has not been playing great as of late, but you're right--they have played well enough to deserve the support from everyone in the area. Ferris has a small arena. It should not be hard to fill it to watch a nationally ranked hockey team that is fun to watch.

It was very disappointing to see last night

Comment

I'm just going to say this about the fans last night. The fans in front of the press box were trying to get chants and cheering started, NOT the student section. It was a poor display by the student section in my opinion.
                  T.J. Henning

Comment

What happened to FUSS? I have personally given them creative, funny, and clean chants...several. They have not tried one of them. What happened to the songs the band would sing that the student section would sing along with? Disappeared. This problem did not begin last night; it was clear against Michigan that something was missing even in a full house.

When I was a student, I told everyone that when they have a chance, they need to check out a hockey game. I told them how fun it was in the stands. People all over the state from different schools had heard about the Ferris student section. I find it hard to believe that the same word of mouth is happening now. People would go to games because of how fun it was if they didn't go for the hockey.

There is no leadership. I think I will find out who is responsible in FUSS and give them a piece of my mind. This makes me so mad.
                    see you in the pound

Comment

Maybe we ought to go back to the chants we used in the mid-90's.

Sorry. Had to bring a little levity into the situation.

BTW, channel 664 on DirecTV tonight. The usual FSD feed on 663 will have the Pistons game.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Maybe we ought to go back to the chants we used in the mid-90's.

Sorry. Had to bring a little levity into the situation.

BTW, channel 664 on DirecTV tonight. The usual FSD feed on 663 will have the Pistons game.
                        The Goalie has no thumbs??
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

4-0 NMU final. Another loss and a tie for the weekend, and more opportunities flushed down the toilet.

It's going to be a bit before I post about this weekend. To say that I'm pretty irate at the moment would be the understatement of the galaxy right now.

I'll be back in a little while.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Unbelievably sickening this evening. Goaltending was weak and everybody seemed to be completely off track. Passes were not connecting...it was just a flat out ugly game. Ferris dumped 51 shots on goal, which was 30 more than Northern, but you really couldn't even tell. Northern bunched the net in their zone and didn't give Ferris too many great opportunities. Heck...Northern sat back all night and made Ferris come to them. I stated earlier in the evening that whenever Schmit and Hill are out on the ice, it scares the crap out of me. Not surprisingly, I believe it was Hill who passed it directly to a Northern player in the Ferris zone, who then proceeded to blow right around Schmit and score a weak goal on Nagle.

I left midway through the third. I couldn't take watching that any longer. First game I have ever left before the end.

Comment

I completely disagree about the game being ugly. I think it was pretty entertaining actually. I haven't seen Ferris dominate possession like that in a long time. And when exactly has Ferris played pretty, clean, crisp hockey? It's always a sloppy, grind it out type of play. I watch as much college hockey as i can and when North Dakota plays Minnesota or MSU plays UofM or BC plays BU, it's very very very different than watching a Ferris game. Ferris played the Ferris game tonight but Northern capitalized on our mistakes.

Once again, Ferris was too soft on Wildcats in front of our net. Northern owned the area around both goals tonight and that was the biggest difference. Justin Florek for Northern is a 6'4" forward and they use him in front of the goalie. I don't see this a lot in college hockey and especially not with Ferris. Daniels recruited a 6'5" forward who will be a freshman next year...I hope we begin using this same system.

The short handed goal was all Billins fault. The 3rd goal was Hill, Schmit, and Nagle's fault.

I'm not too discouraged by this weekend. I would take Ferris if they played again.
                              see you in the pound

Comment

I was very disappointed with the play this weekend overall. I thought we looked lazy and slow personally. The short-handed goal was bad in general, but I thought Nagle could have stopped it. He had clear view and didn't get snipped, it just beat him blocker side. Also, that backhanded goal hit off the inside of his pads and trickled between his legs. It is a goal that I feel would not have went in if he had been checked into the game.

Sure we had 51 shots, but none of them were really great scoring opportunities. We just fired them on net without and screens or movement in front. I don't remember Stewart having to make an really outstanding saves.

And going 0-9 on the power play really doesn't help things either. The only stat Ferris dominated was face-offs won (48-21).

I will agree with ferrisfan1 that we did have good puck control for most of the game, but our passing wasn't very crisp at times I thought. Either way the results of the weekend create a huge sense of urgency for next weekend on the road at Lake Superior. I don't have a good feeling about next weekend as of right now, especially with how close the the race between 4th and 10th place are (4pts.)

Finally, on a random note...Northern Michigan's coach is one intense guy. They were up 4-0, and by watching him on the bench you would have figured they were the ones losing. It was interesting to watch during the 3rd period when I had all but checked out of the game.
                                T.J. Henning

Comment

Working...
                                X