Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

You had to know Miami was going to show up and battle hard after last weekend's performance, but I doubt too many saw Ferris coming out the way they did tonight. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that last year's team was out there playing out there tonight. No sense of urgency, poor passing throughout the entire game, and constantly turning the puck over, especially in their own zone which lead to a few Miami goals. Not to mention spending 27 minutes in the box (although Miami was in there for 29, so that can't even be used as an excuse other than not taking advantage of their penalties).

The suspension to Ouelette couldn't have come at a worse time. Any series but this one. Yes, he hasn't been contributing in the scoring column as much as he did earlier in the year. But when you take a guy off a line, it messes up the chemistry. Also, just because his play wasn't resulting in anything in the box score doesn't mean that he wasn't doing the things that don't get the attention in the box score at the end of the game.

Miami straight up beat Ferris tonight. There is no doubt about that. A very disappointing opening game. All we can hope for is at least a better effort tomorrow, because tonight's stunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Not. Happy. At. All.

You got the B2 feed, hattrick, or are you trudging over to the score update thread to talk with bueller and I?
      I was doing Bueller's score updates and text messages from a couple friends at the game. I'll be doing the same tonight, dunno I want to pay to watch it after last night's debacle.
      "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
      - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
      CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I'm very comfortable with our goaltending. If we had this kind of goaltending in 2002-2003 we would have hung much, much more than a CCHA championship banner. You know which one I'm talking about.
        Wow, I never thought I'd see the day that someone implied a Ferris State National Championship.
        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
          I cannot say how much a absolutely love Pat Nagle. This guy is a stud. he just made 3-4 incredible saves out front - simply stonewalling some great tries by the Redhawks. you gotta love this guy!
          Pretty much the only bright spot on Ferris' end. Score could have been a lot uglier. Miami scored a couple beauties on him last night. Wonder if Nelson starts tonight.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I appreciate the comments, good and bad. Obviously there are misquotes in the chat rooms, and explanations for everything that is said on air. I am only 23 games into my career and hopefully one day I can make it where only good comments will be said. I appreciate everybody listening to Bulldog Hockey.

In the meantime, Go Bulldogs!

Dom

Comment

If you wondered why Miami was #1 in the country through the entire first half of the season, there's your answer.

Gotta sweep U of M.

We'll see Miami at the Joe... and maybe down the street at Ford Field.
              - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                If you wondered why Miami was #1 in the country through the entire first half of the season, there's your answer.

Gotta sweep U of M.

We'll see Miami at the Joe... and maybe down the street at Ford Field.
                No offense but it's not gonna happen (hopefully)!
                Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yikes. That was probably the worst that could have happened.

All right. Damage control mode for the next week. Get at least a split against Michigan. I don't expect a sweep, but we need at least 1. Shootout wins don't count. We need honest to goodness wins. If we get swept next weekend we're in freefall in the PWR. The CCHA crown is likely out the window now.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

A few unfortunate bounces in that second period and one exceptionally weak goal game Miami a little too much breathing room. The 2nd goal for Miami was scored on a double deflection then magically found its way into the net off of a Redhawk skate. The 3rd goal was probably one of the weakest goals Nelson has allowed all year. He looked completely unprepared for a shot. And the 4th goal of that 2nd period bounced off Nelson's mask and right to the stick of a Miami player. A few bad bounces was really the tale of this game. Ferris definitely came out and played like the team that we all have seen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                      Wow, I never thought I'd see the day that someone implied a Ferris State National Championship.
                      And from me, of all people.

Well, put Nagel and Nelson in net instead of Mike Brown, and stew on it for a minute. It's really not that much of a reach.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I know all we do is criticize here, but definitely have to give Dom credit where credit is due for a good game on the airwaves.

Nice work brotha..

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post
                          I know all we do is criticize here, but definitely have to give Dom credit where credit is due for a good game on the airwaves.

Nice work brotha..
                          It's too bad that all you see is the negative. On this thread, we discuss the merits and faults of the Ferris hockey team and those associated with it. I think we have all been very fair and honest.
                          see you in the pound

Comment

After this weekend of hockey, I think I have this team figured out. They cannot be placed neatly into a ranking where we could say, "they are just a little better than this team and just a little worse than that team." Ferris runs a system that this group of guys is particularly good at executing and that is why most of the teams they play will be disposed of. But there are a small amount of teams that are so talented and so well coached that Ferris just doesn't have enough. The reason that Ferris has the capability of upsetting any team in the country is because that opponent is unaware or unprepared for Ferris' system.

In the end, I expect Ferris to end the season in 2nd place in the CCHA and 4th in the tournament.
                            see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
                              After this weekend of hockey, I think I have this team figured out. They cannot be placed neatly into a ranking where we could say, "they are just a little better than this team and just a little worse than that team." Ferris runs a system that this group of guys is particularly good at executing and that is why most of the teams they play will be disposed of. But there are a small amount of teams that are so talented and so well coached that Ferris just doesn't have enough. The reason that Ferris has the capability of upsetting any team in the country is because that opponent is unaware or unprepared for Ferris' system.

In the end, I expect Ferris to end the season in 2nd place in the CCHA and 4th in the tournament.
                              You hit the nail on the head there. The thing this weekend isn't about Ferris not being a good team they are but they got out coached this weekend. What was the difference for Ferris in the two games in oxford helped Miami this weekend. Ferris runs a tight neutral zone trap and it gave Miami fits. Miami used that tape made adjustments and took advantage of taking Ferris out of their comfort zone. Miami adapted to Ferris this weekend and Ferris didn't have an answer, it was great for me to see as a Miami fan their ability to not force the passes and stick along the wall in the offensive zone while Ferris clogged the passing lanes. Wouldn't be too hard on this team guys you still have a good squad, but to be honest Miami just had more talent.
                              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                                No offense but it's not gonna happen (hopefully)!
                                Don't speak too early. Miami wasn't going to sweep michigan either and neither was sparty. Nor was BG going to beat Michigan or were they going to lose 5 in a row but all happened this year. Michigan isn't as good as portrayed and Ferris is better than most give them credit for. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferris swept Michigan they are the better team.

P.S. Miami sweeping Michigan sent them into the dark spiral they were in the top 10 when they played Miami....
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X