Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

I'm not sure how it happened, but it looks we improved our pairwise this weekend. Anyone care to explain?
    This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
      I'm not sure how it happened, but it looks we improved our pairwise this weekend. Anyone care to explain?
      Math!
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        Math!
        Simple Math!

Get it right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
          Simple Math!

Get it right!!
          Its still Math, and I do not like it. Not one bit.

I would not, could not, do math in a box.
          I could not, would not, do math with a fox.
          I will not do math with a mouse.
          I will not do math in a house.
          I will not do math here or there.
          I will not do math anywhere.
          I do not like Math Al-ming-ton!
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

No. Started at #3, ended at #3. The record vs TUC's is not a good sign, however. Kinda like a storm brewing on the horizon, if you will.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

If necessity is the mother of invention
              Then I'd like to kill the guy who invented this
              The numbers come together in some kind of 3rd dimension
              A regular algebraic bliss.
              Let's start with something simple
              Like one and one ain't three
              And two plus two will never get you five
              There's fractions in my subtraction
              And X don't equal Y
              But my homework is bound to multiply

Math sucks
              Math sucks
              I'd like to burn this textbook, I hate this stuff so much!
              Math sucks
              Math sucks
              Sometimes I think that I don't know that much--But math sucks!

I got so bored with my homework
              I turned on the T.V.
              The beauty contest winners were all smiling through their teeth
              They asked the new Miss America "Hey babe, can you add up all those bucks?"
              She looked puzzled then just said, "Math Sucks!"

Math sucks
              Math sucks
              You don't even have to spell it, all you have to do is yell it
              Math sucks
              Math sucks

Geometry, trigonometry, and if that don't tax your brain
              There are numbers to big to be named (too big to be named)
              Numerical precision is a science with a mission
              And I think it's gonna drive me insane

Parents fighting with their children and the Congress can't agree,
              Teachers and their students are all jousting constantly
              Management and labor keep rattling old sabers,
              Quacking like those Peabody ducks

Math sucks
              Math sucks
              You don't even have to spell it, all you have to do is yell it!
              Math sucks
              Math sucks

Math sucks, math sucks, math sucks the big one
              Math sucks, math sucks, math sucks the big one
              This space for sale.

Comment

The teams you have previously beaten defeated some other teams thereby allowing Ferris to win more comparisons.

Get it?

Ferris edjumacation?
                Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, but when you really think about it. What did Ferris State do wrong?

#11 Ferris State Lost to #9 Yale
                  #11 Ferris State than beat unranked Merrimack.

Ferris State did what the rankings said they were supposed to do. So why would they be punished?

Also, when you look at it. Ferris lost the first game 6-1 to Yale, and I had a feeling the "nation" would thing, "Ferris State's impressive first half was just a fluke than." But than Ferris came out and won 5-1 vs Merrimack who lost in the final minutes to #7 Wisconsin 5-4.

I think Ferris just had three weeks off, were very rusty, didn't play well the first game, and are back on track like the first half. Ferris played an IMPRESSIVE game Sunday. It was too much fun to watch.

Comment

In my opinion, Yale will end up being a legitimate national championship contender. I would not take too much from the loss on Saturday. If there's any such thing as a good time to get your butt whooped, that was probably the time and it was probably against the right team. Ferris has a history of creating matchup problems against CCHA teams and the teams out west. On the other hand, eastern teams seem to create matchup problems for Ferris.
                    see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post
                      Also, when you look at it. Ferris lost the first game 6-1 to Yale, and I had a feeling the "nation" would thing, "Ferris State's impressive first half was just a fluke than." But than Ferris came out and won 5-1 vs Merrimack who lost in the final minutes to #7 Wisconsin 5-4.
                      it's never a good idea to say "beating team C is a great win because team C did really well against team B." Just take every game as its own entity. A win is a win and a loss is a loss and on any given night anybody can beat anybody.
                      see you in the pound

Comment

Good Point. I like it FerrisFan1

Comment

(This is at the request of FerrisStateHockeyFan. It is my preview of this weekend's matchup...)

"Hmmm. How does one answer that without upsetting someone from either camp?

I've always said that FSU was the poor man's MSU, with the exception that every decade or so, Coach Daniels gets an upperclassmen-laden team or a stud like Chris Kunitz and has a great team. He reminds me of Dave Poulin...

Having ripped on FSU, I'll move to the other camp. FSU worries me. They always play ND hard, even if they underachieve. There are always more Bulldogs laying on the ice than after the Titanic sank because that's their typical MO to help out the goalie. ND has never been able to solve that tactic well.

FSU is 14-4-2. ND is 9-8-5. FSU averages 3.4 goals/game (good for 13th in the nation) while giving up a very stingy 1.9 goals/game (even better, for 3rd in the nation). ND averages 2.23 goals/game ("good" for 50th in the country) while giving up a virtually equally stingy 2.0 a game (good for 4th in the country).

FSU is 13th on the PP of all 58 teams. They click 22.4% of the time. Their PK is 2nd in the country, killing off 90% of the man-advantages. FSU has scored 28 PPG's and given up 11. ND is 28th in the country on the PP, scoring 19% of the time on the man-up. They are 3rd in the country on the PK, though, killing 89.6%. ND has scored 24 PPG's and also given up only 11.

FSU is led by Blair Riley who has 24 points, 15 of which are goals. He is followed by Cody Chupp and Casey Haines (19 and 17, respectively). Chupp is their PPG guy, registering 5 of them. ND is led by Billy Maday with 19 points, followed by Calle Ridderwall (16) and Ben Ryan (15). Ridderwall leads the team in PPG's with 8 of his 12 goals scored coming on the man advantage.

FSU has split time in net between Pat Nagle (5-2-1, 1.52 GA and a save % of .942) and Taylor Nelson (9-2-1, 2.1 GA, .927 save %). I expect that trend to continue with Nelson starting Saturday. Mike Johnson is 6-5-2 with a GA of 1.73 and a save % of .939. All 3 goalies are in the top 10 in the country for their stats.

Goalies are interchangeable. PK is interchangeable. PPG's for and against are interchangeable. Scoring from the #2 guy on down is interchangeable. The only real differences between these two teams is the leading scorer and PP. ...so don't give up a PPG and shut down Blair Riley."
                          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
                            I think it would be pretty cool to have the voice of the Bulldogs chat with us every week.
                            FerrisFan1 as soon as I saw that I signed up for an account. I just now (today) received access from the USCHO chat room administrators.

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                            Does Mr. Hennig post on this board?
                            I do now. How are you guys? It is really nice to see the fan support the Ferris State Hockey team has. You guys are the best.

I created this to stay in touch with you guys, the fans, and to be able to post links and cool stuff that I think you guys might like to see. I am planning on doing a weekly "Day of the first game" post with that night's links, and info on the game to make it easier on you guys. I also created this in case there is anything you guys want to be heard back at the Athletic Department, or if you have any feedback on anything, including my Radio Broadcasts. Here's the first thing that comes to my mind:

A "Ferris State Hockey 2009-2010 First Half Update" 10 Minute Podcast/Talk Segment I did: Click Here
                            Download from iTunes onto your iPod: Click Here

My E-Mail during the Hockey Games: SportsRadio@Ferris.edu
                            The Twitter Account: www.Twitter.com/FerrisHockey
                            Tatango Text Message Updates: Text "Bulldogs" to "68398"
                            And of course, Our Website: http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/sports/mice/index

If there is anything I can do for you guys, let me know.

Dominic Hennig
                            Last edited by DominicHennig; 01-06-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome. Can we expect the scoop on the latest developments with the team?
                              see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
                                FerrisFan1 as soon as I saw that I signed up for an account. I just now (today) received access from the USCHO chat room administrators. How are you guys? It is really nice to see the fan support the Ferris State Hockey team has. You guys are the best. Dominic Hennig
                                Dominic, welcome to our fun little 'room' and this forum!!! It should be fun the rest of the season, and, yes, the Dawgs can go a long way. Hope so anyways, it's been way too long!

GO DAWGS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X