Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

Here's the individual comparison table

If you click on the abbreviations to the right, you can see how one team wins the comparison over another. For example, you can see why Quinnipiac takes the comparison from Ferris, and why Ferris is ahead of North Dakota. From there the tournament process becomes much clearer. If there is a tie, the comparison point goes to the higher RPI.

One more thing, and right now this is going to be important in the next month or so: they have not put in the comparisons for records against TUCs yet. That is going to have an effect on the PWR. I'm not sure how substantial, but it's probably going to affect us by a place or two, if I had to guess without crunching the numbers. They usually do this right after the first of the year. For that matter, they have never released the PWR before the first of the year before. As you can see, if the tournament started today, we'd be a #2 seed in our region. Another reason our precious polls are worthless...

As an aside, right now would be a very good time to be cheering for UNO, at least for their next four conference games.
    Last edited by Hammer; 12-09-2009, 10:46 AM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It is fun to look ahead but for this team it must focus on one weekend at a time.WMU will be a tough test due to the fact the team has played down to thier level in the past.
      As always we need to stay out of the box and the scoring needs to continue. Our senior line is carrying this team on thier backs and our tenders have played very well to date.

Comment

Here's the first of your National attention you demanded:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new.../09_teamof.php
        Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wow u really think the seniors are carrying the team on their shoulders? To be honest, i think right down to our freshman, i mean lookat 2 of the freshman have 6 goals, that's second to only riley? If you look at our goals against it's awesome, I don't think that is soley do to the senior line! I think the senior line is playing great, but i'm not stopping there. This whole team is on the same page, and they are all comitted equally!! I think u need to see the game in it's entirely, not just who has more goals.

Comment

I watch all the games either in person our on the net. A few of the wins came due to timely goals by the seniors. Yes ,the team is on the same page and the tending has been good but look at the minutes the seniors are logging on special teams and you will know what I mean. Love the team and have been impressed by all the freshmen but it is my opinion if the seniors go cold we will need others to step up on lower minutes of ice

Comment

I think this freshman class might turn out to be one of our better classes at Ferris. I had a feeling about Oullette, and Kirzinger is producing better than I thought he initially would.

After this weekend we'll be halfway through conference play. I'll have more thoughts then.

EDIT: No, we won't be. We'll have 16 CCHA games to go. Oh well. I'll still have thoughts.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I did not mean watching the game, i was meaning see the game as what makes a team successfull within the game, it is not all about scoring,you need chemistry, and more importantly you need depth, you need ALL 4 lines and everyone excepting their role, no team can be this successfullto date with 1 line carrying the team. I think credit needs to be givin to the entire team with no 1 line getting all credit, it just don't work that way.I mean eventho someone does not put up the #'s they are still vital to the TEAMS sucess, one in point being # 17 i think he has laidd out the hardest and most solid hits,which is a big part of this game as well. We need and have all the ingredients needed to be a very successfull team

Comment

The production of the first line has been unmatched my any of the other lines when you break it down. Yes, the freshman are playing well but I don't know how you can't give credit to the first line? I don't know what game you are talking about that you are watching entirely... Most of our success is because of them and very solid goal-tending by Nelson and Nagle. Also, Alexander (#17) is working hard and enforcing but he is still making freshman mistakes and takes himself out of plays and opens up scoring opportunities for other teams by always trying to go for a big hit. So yes every member makes a team, but I don't see how you can dismiss the job the first line is doing. I guess 18-16-13 pts. don't count for anything in the way of leading the team.
                  T.J. Henning

Comment

Just 1 other point, u mentioned about the senior line and the icetime and specialty team ice time, that line has a combined 10 ppg, #9,#12,#20 has a combined 8 ppg, not bad for secondary and third pp time.Like i said it takes everyone, and it is EVERYONE. And it sure is nice having 2 outstanding tenders

Comment

I think i'm being misunderstood , i THINK the senior line is playing GREAT! i just mean it is not the only ingredient that is making us successfull to date. On any team u have your stars, but u still can't win it all without the rest, the little things of the game, and the role players are everybit as important. With # 17 mistakes happen to even the stars, but his intimidation factor will come in to play.

Comment

I think WMU is much better than their record suggests. I expect a hard fought split this weekend and I would not be surprised with a clunker tonight.
                        see you in the pound

Comment

So I'm listening to the game on the radio and our radio guy says that Riley Gill is NHL bound. I was pretty surprised to hear that since I believe there are only two goalies in the CCHA drafted right now. I know he is playing decently so far tonight, but I don't see him being an NHL caliber goalie, no offense to Gill, but there is such a small window of opportunity for goalies to make it to the show. His style of play is does not fit the style of play in the NHL right now. Am I wrong with this assumption?
                          T.J. Henning

Comment

Originally posted by tjhenning View Post
                            So I'm listening to the game on the radio and our radio guy says that Riley Gill is NHL bound. I was pretty surprised to hear that since I believe there are only two goalies in the CCHA drafted right now. I know he is playing decently so far tonight, but I don't see him being an NHL caliber goalie, no offense to Gill, but there is such a small window of opportunity for goalies to make it to the show. His style of play is does not fit the style of play in the NHL right now. Am I wrong with this assumption?
                            I saw Gill a few years ago (I think it was his Freshman year at Ferris) play at Michigan. The kid looked reall good then, but I don't claim to be the best goalie scout on Earth either. Take it for what it's worth.
                            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He's not a bad goaltender, but as TJ stated, according to collegehockeystats.net, he's not drafted.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                                Take it for what it's worth.
                                That is a good point to just take his opinion for what it's worth. I just think it is bold for a radio announcer to to make outlandish statements about how good certain players are whenever they play Ferris. I guess I just like more straight play-by-playing calling then trying to color-commentate the whole game. Just my preference, nothing more.
                                T.J. Henning

Comment

Working...
                                X