Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State Hockey 2009-10 - 2 minutes for slashing

To a certain extent, a small part, yes. After all, we pay the freight. No students, no ticket sales, no nacho sales, no alum donations.....no hockey team.
    Last edited by Hammer; 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM. Reason: It helps if I finish the sentence...
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I guess I can see that. Whatever, I still wont say "we" though.

Thanks for the eye opener.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to actually weigh in on this ridiculous debate.

Originally posted by FerrisStateHockeyFan View Post
        Fans/Alums/Students are not we. They have no part in the win for Michigan Hockey.
        I've been to plenty of Michigan hockey games where the fans have had a part in the win.

Originally posted by Bob Daniels
        “We scored the goal to make it 5-3. From that point, I thought the fans carried us to the victory. The fans — especially the student section — deserve a huge assist.” - Ferris State Coach Bob Daniels after the Bulldogs rally to a 6-5 comeback win over Ohio State (Big Rapids Pioneer Sunday 11/22/2009)
        Looks like "we" helped win the game.
        Last edited by hattrick16; 11-24-2009, 04:46 PM.
        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Originally posted by FerrisStateHockeyFan View Post
          Poster friend? Fans/Alums/Students are not we. They have no part in the win for Michigan Hockey. They do not get a ring if Michigan Hockey wins the National Tournament.

You pay to watch Michigan Hockey for entertainment, other than that, unless you get a Ring for winning the national championship, then you have nothing to do with the team.

Do you give them money, and scream when they cheer to make it a good atmosphere, and pay for their sticks/equipment/travels, maybe. But that still does not make you APART of the TEAM.

To them, you are just a fan in the stands.
          I did...
          Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got my Ferris Magazine. Good to see lots of hockey players donating to the University.
            see you in the pound

Comment

Yeah, I got mine, too, but I didn't look for that. I was looking for people I knew.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

How do you get a Ferris Hockey magazine? Do you have to be affiliated with the Blueline Club to get one?

Comment

it's not a hockey magazine, just a Ferris mag. and i'm pretty sure you have to be an alum to get one.
                  see you in the pound

Comment

I just noticed something - the future before winter break looks good for Ferris State.

They have Nebraska Omaha at home this upcoming weekend. That will be tough, but "sweepable"

And then they have Western Michigan the next weekend (Home & Home) and that is definitely "sweepable"

What do you guys think?

Comment

i feel the same we have the potential to sweep the next 2 weekends before the break.
                      Let's hope the hunger continues to build inside the team and hope that the scoring gets a little more spread out. Our seniors have had such a huge impact with their play.

Comment

I would like to say "I am a little nervous playing Nebraska Omaha this weekend, as they just swept Western Michigan" But I know Western Michigan is last place in the CCHA, and UNO should have swept Western. But, Michigan is 2nd from last in the CCHA and just beat Minnesota and Wisconsin. So it is a little scary here.

But my official vote: "Ferris will continue their home sweeps this weekend vs. Nebraska Omaha, to go 10-0 at home."

Vs. UConn 2-1
                        Vs. UConn 6-1
                        Vs. Robert Morris 5-4
                        Vs. Robert Morris 4-1
                        Vs. Bowling Green 5-1
                        Vs. Bowling Green 3-2
                        Vs. Ohio State 8-1
                        Vs. Ohio State 6-5

And of course we cannot forget the weekend sweep at #1 Miami:

3-2 Shootout
                        2-1 Shootout

Comment

Yeah, but Ferris State is doing well this year:

Currently the Bulldog Hockey team is 8-0 at home with four consecutive home sweeps in a row. Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back Home Sweeps at the Ewigleblen Ice Arena.

Ferris State also swept the #1 team in the nation, the Miami (Ohio) Redhawks on the road in Oxford, Ohio on National Television, on the NHL Network. Last weekend, the Bulldogs swept the Ohio State Buckeyes at home as well, a team who beat #6 Bemidji State, #13 Notre Dame, and #2 Denver University.

At the time of writing this letter, it is Monday Morning and new polls come out every Monday afternoon. So by the time you click the following links, it might be outdated, but currently, the Bulldogs are ranked:

17th in the Nation by United States College Hockey Online (USCHO - http://www.uscho.com/rankings/).

18th in the Nation by Inside College Hockey (INCH, an ESPN Affiliate http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...olls_0810.htm).

Has received votes in the USA Today College Hockey rankings (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=usatoday&week=poll).

Ferris State is also voted as the #1 team in the state of Michigan by the staff at Michigan College Hockey – (http://michigancollegehockey.blogspo...l-112509.html).

Also, Ferris State Hockey’s Blair Riley was named National Player of the Week last week by Inside College Hockey (INCH – ESPN http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/category/potw/) and the Detroit Free Press claimed it as well: http://www.freep.com/article/2009112...er-of-the-week

Lastly, #19 Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks (Who just swept Western Michigan last weekend) travels to Big Rapids to take on the Ferris State Hockey team this weekend on Friday, December 4th at 7:00pm and Saturday, December 5th at 5:00pm.

Comment

Anyone elses predictions for this weekend?

#18 Nebraska Omaha @ #17 Ferris State

Hammer? Bueller?

Comment

What no GVCC people want to talk men's basketball?
                              This space for sale.

Comment

67-41 Ferris State over Grand Valley State...

But this thread is Ferris State HOCKEY....we'll talk basketball somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X