A Request of all D1 College Hockey Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Request of all D1 College Hockey Fans

With the beginning of the season today (exhibition games, that is), the opportunity now exists to help show wide support for Charger hockey. As I expect everyone frequenting this site knows, UAH is currently the sole D1program without a conference home after this season. Personally, this situation is ridiculous, and I have taken note of the support many posters have provided the Chargers after the CCHA's refusal of UAH's application in August. The number of D1 hockey programs is rather small as it is, and over the last 6 years, at least, that number has decreased; the last thing I think this close-knit group needs is the loss of any more teams, let alone one that has grown from obscurity in the South and moved up the ranks as 3-time club hockey national champion, two-time Division II national champion, and, for what it's worth, an impressive program at the Division I level. The support and determination is there for UAH that simply was not in place for the other teams that have dropped D1 hockey fairly recently; it would be tragic, in the context of D1 hockey, that is, for UAH to lose its D1 program due to its lack of conference affiliation. Anyway, if there is support out there and general outrage to the handling of UAH's situation, I ask for all D1 hockey fans, particularly those that will be present at televised D1 games this season, to wear some Charger blue, or make some posters with "SAVE UAH" written on them, or film themselves making the "U-A-H, U-A-H" chant, or have "Sweet home Alabama" played during breaks, and post such things on-line. It would be nice, in my opinion, to show such solidarity, and disseminate it as widely as possible. I thank all of you for any such consideration wish the best of luck to all teams out there for a safe and successful season.
Working...
X