This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

The nights are getting colder. The weather report hints at the possibility of snow. Versus has shown Slapshot the last two nights. Pictures of on ice hockey practice on the Corner Crew Website. Ten days until the Tigers take on 'Gate at the BCA. It is time to drop the puck on another season of RIT HOCKEY!!!!!!!

Here's to the promise and anticipation of new season. A first campaign for the freshmen and the last one for the seniors. Go get 'em Tigers.
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
    The nights are getting colder. The weather report hints at the possibility of snow. Versus has shown Slapshot the last two nights. Pictures of on ice hockey practice on the Corner Crew Website. Ten days until the Tigers take on 'Gate at the BCA. It is time to drop the puck on another season of RIT HOCKEY!!!!!!!

Here's to the promise and anticipation of new season. A first campaign for the freshmen and the last one for the seniors. Go get 'em Tigers.
    Awesome 1st post to start off the season. We're just over 31 hours away from some RIT Hockey action!
    RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Woo!
      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Any updates on the Orange and White game? Who played well?

Comment

Rough and tumble exhibition game today. Lots of hitting and extremely lax officiating, which lead to a number of scrums and several near fights. Probably the most dangerous exhibition game I've ever seen, with the referees barely in control of the game until the 3rd period. And even then, a lot of missed calls.

Some quick thoughts:

-Really impressed with Potts and Smith.
          -Goal pegs are awesome!
          -The first York goal definitely went off of padding inside the net.
          -The second York goal was iffy, although I didn't hear post, so it very well may have been in too.
          -Cornacchia once again showcasing his speed.
          -Would have liked to see Madolora field some more shots.

Looking forward to a cleaner game next weekend against Colgate.

Also, I feel I should mention, that there has been some misinformation going around about T-shirts next week. They will be given to the first 500, not 5000. Caught it being discussed on the post game show.

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
            -Goal pegs are awesome!
            They were nice to see ... and seemed to work well.

I really had trouble judging the quality of play due to the scrappiness (and having a tired daughter with me!), but it was nice to get the season underway.

I also heard the 500/5000 t-shirt discussion. The alumni association has said 5000, which makes more sense if they want to make the whole place orange again. Sadly I have to travel next weekend and will miss the game ... I'll be looking for some good updates here.
            -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
              They were nice to see ... and seemed to work well.

I really had trouble judging the quality of play due to the scrappiness (and having a tired daughter with me!), but it was nice to get the season underway.

I also heard the 500/5000 t-shirt discussion. The alumni association has said 5000, which makes more sense if they want to make the whole place orange again. Sadly I have to travel next weekend and will miss the game ... I'll be looking for some good updates here.
              I saw on facebook that "SAAC will be handing out Tiger Den T-Shirts to all RIT Fans in attendance." 500 won't do it.
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                I saw on facebook that "SAAC will be handing out Tiger Den T-Shirts to all RIT Fans in attendance." 500 won't do it.
                They better let the WITR guys know then.

I would hope it would be 5000. But hey, you never know.

As long as there are no thundersticks I'll be happy.

Go Tigers.

Comment

-Goal pegs are awesome!
                  I agree but how is that working with the figure skating association? I thought that was the whole reason we never used them in the past or was that some Atlantic Hockey/NCAA rule?
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                    I agree but how is that working with the figure skating association? I thought that was the whole reason we never used them in the past or was that some Atlantic Hockey/NCAA rule?
                    I have a feeling they fill the holes in during the week and then re-drill them before the games.

Go Tigers.

Comment

-The second York goal was iffy, although I didn't hear post, so it very well may have been in too.
                      It looked like it was in to me from my vantage point which is near the goal line.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                        It looked like it was in to me from my vantage point which is near the goal line.
                        Yeah, despite the weird bounce it took out of the net, I'll give the goal judge the benefit of the doubt that it was in.

Go Tigers.

Comment

First was definitely a goal, and second probably was as well. It was interesting to see that York attacked Jan almost exclusively up top. Jan is obviously a very small goaltender and seems to take care of almost everything down low, so York was flinging pucks up top whenever they could. And it worked pretty well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Swigger View Post
                            First was definitely a goal, and second probably was as well. It was interesting to see that York attacked Jan almost exclusively up top. Jan is obviously a very small goaltender and seems to take care of almost everything down low, so York was flinging pucks up top whenever they could. And it worked pretty well for them.
                            They had better quality chances too against Ropponen as opposed to Madolora, at least in my opinion. RIT struggled in the 2nd period just about every game last year if I remember correctly. RIT always seem to come out strong in the 1st and then a little let down in the 2nd.
                            RIT Tigers
                            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                            Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Here are the details - Alumni Relations has nothing to do with the t-shirts.

They will be given out at the game and there are 4,000 available. Various offices across campus have contributed funds towards the shirts. They are going to look like a hockey jersey on the front and the back will say BCH '09.

-Ron

GO TIGERS!!!!

They better let the WITR guys know then.

I would hope it would be 5000. But hey, you never know.

As long as there are no thundersticks I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X