X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    ...Scott Biggar and I will be the broadcast team this weekend.

WITR audio is at http://witr.rit.edu/

[/url]
    Thank goodness - last week's call was rough.
    KBranch

Comment

sigh...

How do we find a way to lose at the end of our games? Exciting game against AF tonight. We'll see if RIT can get its first win of the season tomorrow!
      RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
        sigh...

How do we find a way to lose at the end of our games? Exciting game against AF tonight. We'll see if RIT can get its first win of the season tomorrow!
        I tend to agree with Coach's post-game thoughts, that being that we lost that game in the 2nd period...in all honesty I'm surprised that game ended up that close. If you give up 20+ shots and 4 goals in a period, you are not going to be in very many games. That being said; i gotta give the Tigers credit for battling back and keeping themselves in that game.

We will get 'em tomorrow night! GO TIGERS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          I would love to see RIT play North Dakota.
          That's not going to happen anytime soon; for those Alaska tournaments, the two visiting teams never play each other (because that would leave the Alaska teams playing each other).

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by tigerdj73 View Post
            I tend to agree with Coach's post-game thoughts, that being that we lost that game in the 2nd period...in all honesty I'm surprised that game ended up that close. If you give up 20+ shots and 4 goals in a period, you are not going to be in very many games. That being said; i gotta give the Tigers credit for battling back and keeping themselves in that game.
            The question is, why was Frank Serratore able to go in during the second intermission and come out with a fired-up team, and Wayne Wilson wasn't?

It seems like we haven't really made any progress since the 06-07 season; we're just stagnating. We're still playing good teams close but not getting quality wins. I'd like to see some improvement one of these years.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Well, there are a few issues. This team gets lots of pucks on the net, but can't finish -- a defenseman leads the team in points. When you keep getting 40+ shots, and you aren't finishing with any regularity, it's not because you keep running into great goalies.

And, it is a bit odd to see them playing so much better against big teams but losing pretty consistently now. While I think DeMichiel is a steady goalie, he just isn't the type of goalie that seems to steal tons of games, which is another difference. When RIT was getting pounded in terms of shots by "big four" teams, Guimond would make the big saves and Lambert would bury their limited opportunities. They need a guy or two to step forward that way.

But, to keep it in perspective, all the teams they have played are good teams. It's just a little frustrating that they couldn't even get one result given that they held a decent amount of the play. They get another shot tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                The question is, why was Frank Serratore able to go in during the second intermission and come out with a fired-up team, and Wayne Wilson wasn't?
                Makes one wonder doesn't it.

It seems like we haven't really made any progress since the 06-07 season; we're just stagnating. We're still playing good teams close but not getting quality wins. I'd like to see some improvement one of these years.

Powers &8^]
                This was my fear with the move to DI and I think it is becoming reality. I fear that without scholies and a better DI reputation the program has become as good as it ever is going to get. Competitive in the AHA and good enough to make the Big Four teams work for their wins and maybe able to steal a game or two but that is about it.

Originally posted by bjdrit View Post
                When RIT was getting pounded in terms of shots by "big four" teams, Guimond would make the big saves and Lambert would bury their limited opportunities. They need a guy or two to step forward that way.
                I agree. With the overall talent (top to bottom) that RIT can bring in not being what a top echelon program can, the two most important players the team can have is an awesome goalie and a pure goal scorer. Like you said a goalie to steal games and a finisher to put the limited goal scoring chances away. Right now the team has neither. But maybe DeMike will develop into that goalie and someone will step up to be that finisher. But for right now the teams is lacking both.

Originally posted by bjdrit View Post
                But, to keep it in perspective, all the teams they have played are good teams. It's just a little frustrating that they couldn't even get one result given that they held a decent amount of the play. They get another shot tonight.
                Disagree here. I don't think in the overall DI world that they have played that great of talent. Everyone knows that the ECAC isn't exactly on par with what should really be called the Big Three. St. Lawrence isn't that good and neither is Clarkson. Two teams that in my mind a top AHA team is beating. Colgate is mediocre and a team that, again, a top AHA team should beat most of the time. We all know Air Force is tough especially at home. So a split there would be awesome. But to write off this 0-4 start to playing good teams is wrong because I don't think we have played that good of teams yet.

As a fan I am disappointed so far with this season. Yes, it early and the real season for AHA teams is conference play but it would have been much better for the program to be sitting at 2-2 and not being using the "well we played Big Four teams and played them tough" excuse. (Not just picking on you bjdrit there are a lot of fans I know still using that excuse). Four years ago I buy that one. Today I am no longer drinking the Kool-Aid.
                My Four Favorite teams:
                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

I'm going to look at some of the positives. The offense finally scored 4 goals - they didn't even do that in the exhibition. The team isn't taking nearly as many penalties as they have been in the past. Everye game has been close except for Clarkson where the score was not indictive of the closeness of the game.

For the comment that top AHA teams seemingly should be beating 2nd division ECAC teams, I would say that those are games that are winnable. But those teams are still tough teams. Those teams may not be that good nationally, but they are still better than most AHA teams.

The team doesn't necessarily need a shakeup right now. Mazur and Janda are back, and can help the offense - especially Mazur. Burt is starting to get his points, as is Favot. If they can get Brenner started, I think the team will be all right.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    The team doesn't necessarily need a shakeup right now. Mazur and Janda are back, and can help the offense - especially Mazur. Burt is starting to get his points, as is Favot. If they can get Brenner started, I think the team will be all right.
                    I agree. Although, Mazur scared me a few times last night. There were 2 or 3 times at least that I thought he was about to put the puck in our net...
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

When I see Niagara and RIT traveling as partners to the NC I think of the opportunity that was missed - for legitimate reasons- for both schools to have come into the ECAC, some years, back as a tandem.

The ECAC is largely limited to smaller eastern communities and would have benefited, in my estimation, by having Rochester and Buffalo/Niagara Falls as venues.
                      Plus RIT/Niagara would have benefited from association w/ the ECAC member institutions.

On a certain level both RIT and Niagara have more in common with the ECAC than Q which replaced UVM.

Too bad
                      Just means I have to travel to watch ECAC hockey
                      SLU65

Comment

I don't think RIT would have had nearly the kind of success it has had if they started with the ECAC. Being without scholarships there would be make it very difficult to be competitive - especially at the beginning.

To continue on my point from my last point - when you consider where RIT was when they moved to DI to where they are - I think winning 2 regular season titles (1 shared) and being 1 point away from a third is better than most people's expectations. But being a power in the AHA is a lot easier than being recognized nationally. It may take NCAA tournament wins, or consistantly winning non-conference game. But I would say that for the youth of the RIT's being DI, they have done well. Does that mean I am satisfied - no. But you have to realize that national recognition will take a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          It may take NCAA tournament wins, or consistantly winning non-conference game.
                          With five recruiting classes now, one has to wonder when these are going to happen. We can't even get into the AHA finals.

Powers &8^]

Comment

With five recruiting classes now, one has to wonder when these are going to happen. We can't even get into the AHA finals.

Powers &8^]
                            In case you haven't notices, the AHA teams are pretty good - particularly Air Force and Mercyhurst.

Comment

Well we're now off to our worst start in, what, 25 years? And we suffered our first AHA sweep. So much for improving every season.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
                                When I see Niagara and RIT traveling as partners to the NC I think of the opportunity that was missed - for legitimate reasons- for both schools to have come into the ECAC, some years, back as a tandem.

The ECAC is largely limited to smaller eastern communities and would have benefited, in my estimation, by having Rochester and Buffalo/Niagara Falls as venues.
                                Plus RIT/Niagara would have benefited from association w/ the ECAC member institutions.

On a certain level both RIT and Niagara have more in common with the ECAC than Q which replaced UVM.

Too bad
                                Just means I have to travel to watch ECAC hockey
                                Niagara was rejected by the ECAC couple years ago, rumor was a lot of the schools didn't think Niagara had the educational reputation for the ECAC. Would be nice to see RIT in the ECAC someday, but the administration needs to step and bring all sports to D-I and put money in the arena...
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X