This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Seems that some people need to look at the big picture. It seems wierd that people are complaining how poorly the team is playing when they had essentially a 3 game (not back to 4) game advantage in the conference. I'll take regular season conference titles every day of the week. Sure this was the first year we didn't win a non-conference game - but would you trade that for a conference tournament championship? I know I would. The RIT defense is certainly capable of getting the Tigers there, and after benching two top players last weekend, they came out and had good stats as they score 5 goals - the most since Thanksgiving.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Sure this was the first year we didn't win a non-conference game - but would you trade that for a conference tournament championship?
      Of course. But we don't know how they're going to do in the conference tournament until it's all said and done. Our best guess is to look at how they do during the season against top competition, and based on non-conference play (and play vs. Air Force), our chances don't look good.

Granted, the Tigers are playing better than they did early in the season, but it's still a troubling indicator. It's not the only indicator, but it's a significant one.

Powers &8^]

Comment

4-0, now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
        -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
          4-0, now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
          who was in net?
          e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
            who was in net?
            DeMichiel. Third shutout of the season (plus 40 minutes of a shutout he shared with Madolora.)

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
              Couldn't have been because of Coach Wilson. He isn't able to motivate his players

This thread has far too few Ghostbusters references. Good job!
              LOL well played sir. I am happy to see that Wilson's sitting of the best players seems to have sparked something. But of course AIC is probably the weakest in the league. Jared is the man, 3 shutouts, he is playing the best of his career right now! Next weekend at home verse Bentley a sweep will make a huge difference for conference title. I think RIT is the best for sure. We are virtually unbeatable at home. Air Force is vulnerable and they aren't the team of the past two years. Its OUR year. RIT!!

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
                LOL well played sir. I am happy to see that Wilson's sitting of the best players seems to have sparked something. But of course AIC is probably the weakest in the league. Jared is the man, 3 shutouts, he is playing the best of his career right now! Next weekend at home verse Bentley a sweep will make a huge difference for conference title. I think RIT is the best for sure. We are virtually unbeatable at home. Air Force is vulnerable and they aren't the team of the past two years. Its OUR year. RIT!!
                Yeah whats up with Air Force? They have their two arguably two best players still and are really inconsistent...

That sweep of Mercyhurst early in the season is really proving pivotal...
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                  That sweep of Mercyhurst early in the season is really proving pivotal...
                  Yeah, that and imagine a world in which AFA doesn't win two OT games with under a second remaining. RIT is then 3 pts. up on them with 4 in hand!
                  -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                    Yeah, that and imagine a world in which AFA doesn't win two OT games with under a second remaining. RIT is then 3 pts. up on them with 4 in hand!
                    Unreal. You've got to give Air Force credit, they don't quit. I would certainly say advantage Air Force in a game that goes into OT.
                    KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
                      well, we have sportszone, perhaps one of their reporters could ask the question to wilson? granted he can't go in depth but he can clarify? If he says no comment, then people can infer from that. I love sportszone but here's the thing. None of their reporters know how to ask the tough questions. They just seem to ask the basic questions (not sure if that is by design or by orders from admin). If I was reporting on the game, and i see favot and burt not playing, I would have asked the question.
                      If you had listened to us on WITR for the pregame show either last Saturday at UConn when Favot and Burt were out of the lineup, or for this past Friday's pregame show at AIC, you would have known exactly why Wilson did what he did. We've explained it twice now.

Shameless plug now ends
                      Scott Biggar
                      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                        If you had listened to us on WITR for the pregame show either last Saturday at UConn when Favot and Burt were out of the lineup, or for this past Friday's pregame show at AIC, you would have known exactly why Wilson did what he did. We've explained it twice now.

Shameless plug now ends
                        I'm sorry but as someone who is deaf, its kinda hard to "listen" to radio personalities..and I'm not on campus (I'm home in jersey)... perhaps RIT would be smart to invest into online video broadcasting (with CC of course) for their games for alumni, etc. With a large amount of alum, this would be a nice revenue stream for them as well..I'd pay like $10 bucks a season for video broadcasting online..I know we have b2 feeds for 7 bucks a season, i believe but it would be cool if RIT had their own "network", albeit online.

Comment

Not for nothing it was discussed a bit on here why Burt and FAvot were benched - the good and bad of it.

As for Air Force - they still have their best players, but they lost some quality players and I don't know if they have the same depth like the last couple years. They don't have a Flynn and Fairchild to help out.

Comment

BTW - the magic number in points is 12 to tie, 13 to win the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                              Seems that some people need to look at the big picture. It seems wierd that people are complaining how poorly the team is playing when they had essentially a 3 game (not back to 4) game advantage in the conference. I'll take regular season conference titles every day of the week. Sure this was the first year we didn't win a non-conference game - but would you trade that for a conference tournament championship? I know I would. The RIT defense is certainly capable of getting the Tigers there, and after benching two top players last weekend, they came out and had good stats as they score 5 goals - the most since Thanksgiving.
                              Miles of difference between regular season titles and tournament championships...we've proven that one. I disagree with your statement on its face. If we had gone out to Minnesota and taken a pair from Minnesota State, it draws attention, in a positive way, to the program. We win the AHA regular season title and its the same old crap, "well, AHA is a weak conference anyway, who cares?". Being able to be a respected and feared out of conference opponent will do a lot more for the program than another banner to hang from the rafters at the Ritter will ever do. Playing up to the level of the competition gets you ready for the tougher brand of hockey you see at tournament time, the brand that schools like AFA and Mercyhurst have dispalyed at tournament time the last couple of years, the brand of hockey we've clearly not been able to play when it counts the most.

Who freakin' cares about another banner? Win the big games, prepare for what counts most, the tournament, with its NCAA berth. Prepare to win at that level. Beating up the bottom half of the AHA has become some meaningless thing that RIT fans love to hang their hats on, just like the old days of the ECAC West, when it was RIT and everyone else.
                              Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
                                I'm sorry but as someone who is deaf, its kinda hard to "listen" to radio personalities..and I'm not on campus (I'm home in jersey)... perhaps RIT would be smart to invest into online video broadcasting (with CC of course).
                                You have a very good idea there. With the large deaf alumni population, it would be a good idea if RIT could CC the B2 video broadcasts. I wonder if that would be possible given the current B2 technology? Hmmmm, might be worth mentioning to the administration.
                                Scott Biggar
                                WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                                Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X