X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
    I have never seen him get animated once on the bench and try to fire his players up. Some say he is "composed", I say Wilson needs to motivate and lead his players more!
    Wilson took a 2 minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty earlier this year, I think it was against UCONN at home, he was arguing with Jim Visconte, I guessing about face off management which was horrible that game. Odd part was the Tigers were up like 5-1 at that point and the game was in hand. He does have his moments, last home game I heard him clear from the blue line yelling “Who hit who” on a penalty called on RIT.

It was observed that Tony LaRussa became less animated not long after becoming the Manager of the Saint Louis Cardinals. He was asked about that and he said something to the effect of that he had learn, you just can’t argue with them and get anywhere.

As an Umpire who has done plenty of College Summer league and amateur ball I can tell you, all that yelling doesn’t get you anywhere unless you have a very bad official who is not going last long as an official. I’ve told managers and players straight out, you can come talk and question me about anything. But you start playing games with me, you start showing me up, you get nothing from me. Everyone always thinks an argument wins a make up call. It is the biggest false belief out there. I can sit here and honestly tell you that I have never made a call thinking, “oh I gotta call it this way or I’ll get yelled at again”. One Time in 15 years of Umpiring, I remember making a call and thinking right before the call, “I’m going to catch hell for this One”. But I still called what my eyes told me to call.

I personally like a coach who maintains his composer. In every sport I’ve watched I seen coaches get too caught up in yelling at a ref, instead of his most important job, thinking what his next move will be. Wayne has always backed up his players; he saves most of his emotion for the room where it should be, between his and his players. He expects his players to be up for the game and to lead, especially his captions.

As for Burt and Favot being out of the line up, it seems obvious to me to be a suspension for team rules or something like that…
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      I personally like a coach who maintains his composer. In every sport I’ve watched I seen coaches get too caught up in yelling at a ref, instead of his most important job, thinking what his next move will be. Wayne has always backed up his players; he saves most of his emotion for the room where it should be, between his and his players. He expects his players to be up for the game and to lead, especially his captions.
      I don't think unscarred76 was talking about Wilson handling of the refs. I think they were talking about being animated at the players.
      My Four Favorite teams:
      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
        RIT continues to control its destiny to win the conference. 9 wins is the magic number, with 12 games to play:
        Anyone know if that website with the %s is still around?
        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
          So the rest of the players aren't smart enough to notice that two of the best are sitting and they need to take it up a notch?

The rest of you can spin this any way you want but it a sign that things are not well on that team. It's never a good when the coach has to sit players. It happens but it's not good.

I would have thought that a first loss to a 2 win team was enough of a wakeup call, but I guess they needed another, and maybe another.
          Matt, your never ending pessimism is beyond thick at this point. Did you see Robert Morris sweep Miami of Ohio, or the struggling Gophers take a big 3 point weekend from #4 UND. Ferris St who has been burning it up this year, drop a game to Canisius.

I have news for you, these kinds of losses will happen again. RIT already dropped a game to AIC two years ago. These losses leave a sick taste in your mouth, trust me I went to bed Saturday Night mad. But they happen. This team is still 2 points out of first with three games in hand. So shove the panic button in either end guys...........

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            I don't think unscarred76 was talking about Wilson handling of the refs. I think they were talking about being animated at the players.
            I covered both being animated at refs and players in my post.....

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              Matt, your never ending pessimism is beyond thick at this point.
              And your "everything is fine / it happens" attitude is how teams stay stuck in mediocrity. Heaven forbid I should like the team to have higher expectations than being a good AHA team.

And why don't you take the panic button and stick it....
              My Four Favorite teams:
              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

There is a lot of bitterness floating around here...

anyways I found the answer to my question.

http://playoffstatus.com/atlantichoc...icnumbers.html
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                  There is a lot of bitterness floating around here...

anyways I found the answer to my question.

http://playoffstatus.com/atlantichoc...icnumbers.html
                  That made my head hurt. I'll try to give a better look tonight and see if I can better wrap my head around it. Sometimes I am a little slow

About the bitterness, a little disagreement in this thread is good. Gives people something to talk about. Was awfully quiet around here anyways. And its a little more interesting than debating thunderstick give a ways... Whatever happens RIT better make it to the BCA because I am already planning my pregame trip to the Dino. If I don't get my tailgate dino I will take it personally
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                    Whatever happens RIT better make it to the BCA because I am already planning my pregame trip to the Dino. If I don't get my tailgate dino I will take it personally
                    Well the good thing is dino is always there whether or not they make it
                    RIT

Comment

Thank you Bentley.

Go Holy Cross!
                      KBranch

Comment

Thank you Bentley.

Go Holy Cross!
                        And ... THANK YOU Holy Cross!!

How on earth did the Tigers give up three goals to AIC?
                        It's the end of the world. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
                        -M

Comment

It would seem that Burt and Favot are out of the dog house. 2 Goals, 2 Assists, +4, and 13 shots between them.
                          KBranch

Comment

It would seem that Burt and Favot are out of the dog house. 2 Goals, 2 Assists, +4, and 13 shots between them.
                            Couldn't have been because of Coach Wilson. He isn't able to motivate his players

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                            How on earth did the Tigers give up three goals to AIC?
                            It's the end of the world. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
                            This thread has far too few Ghostbusters references. Good job!
                            2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                            2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                              Yeah I was thinking they might have just got themselves into a little bit of trouble. We'll probably not know the true reason why they were scratched unless someone has a little inside knowledge
                              well, we have sportszone, perhaps one of their reporters could ask the question to wilson? granted he can't go in depth but he can clarify? If he says no comment, then people can infer from that. I love sportszone but here's the thing. None of their reporters know how to ask the tough questions. They just seem to ask the basic questions (not sure if that is by design or by orders from admin). If I was reporting on the game, and i see favot and burt not playing, I would have asked the question.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
                                well, we have sportszone, perhaps one of their reporters could ask the question to wilson? granted he can't go in depth but he can clarify? If he says no comment, then people can infer from that. I love sportszone but here's the thing. None of their reporters know how to ask the tough questions. They just seem to ask the basic questions (not sure if that is by design or by orders from admin). If I was reporting on the game, and i see favot and burt not playing, I would have asked the question.
                                I am going to infer from their performance it was a wake up call. Great to see Burt get back on the score sheet but also Brenner put 2 in. Shots were very lopsided which we haven't seen the last couple of weekends. Glad the team got the message. Shoot the **** puck.

2 third period goals though, RIT want to let AIC back in that one? Got a lot of help last night. Gotta get that W tonight.
                                RIT Tigers
                                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X