X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
    I have a feeling there is more to the benching of Burt and Favot than motivational issues. Someone mentioned to me the other night that they are room mates? I don't know if they meant on the road or at RIT, but I almost wonder if it was disciplinary rather than something team related.
    Yeah I was thinking they might have just got themselves into a little bit of trouble. We'll probably not know the true reason why they were scratched unless someone has a little inside knowledge
    RIT Tigers
    Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
    Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Prior to the scratch on Saturday Favot had no points and no shots in his previous two games.

On Friday Burt had no points and one shot.
      KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
        I have never seen him get animated once on the bench and try to fire his players up.
        Then you haven't been to enough games!

He certainly doesn't "lose it", but he get's plenty animated, etc. on the bench. In the locker room, only a few really know what he does and wether or not it is the right thing for the team (I'm not one of those and won't pretend to be). I think his success to date warrants a fair bit of respect and benefit of the doubt. Also, the performance of his players as students warrants even more respect. DI or no, they are here to get an education.
        -M

Comment

Not to mention that Madolora does need to get some ice time if he is going to take over next year. And not for nothing, I don't think he has done a bad job. I don't think (correct me if I am wrong) that either one of the goals he let in were soft. I think it benefits the Tigers to give DeMike a game off here and there to keep him fresh for what really matters - the postseason.

Good stat digging kbranch on the shots. You can't have the two most talented forwards you have only taking 1 shot combined on Friday.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
            I put the blame squarely on Wayne Wilson. Lets take our hot goalie out of the net, sit 2 of our best offensive players and change up all the lines and cancel all the momentum we built up after losing three in a row. UConn did not get RIT's best and that is why they won. This is D1 hockey - not youth hockey where everyone gets equal playing time. You play your best players every game especially when you are winning. I can understand if they had lost their last 3 games, making it 6 in a row wanting to shake things up but come on this was a mistake. I have heard that players often say that Wilson is not very motivating inside the locker room and they have to get themselves up for the game. At least at home they have the crowd support making up for a very unenthusiastic coach. I have never seen him get animated once on the bench and try to fire his players up. Some say he is "composed", I say Wilson needs to motivate and lead his players more!
            Parent Alert!!!!!

Comment

When the new arena does come. I want there to be a video scoreboard so we could do things like this and this.
              RIT HOCKEY!!!
              You know what I mean.

RIP Mikita

. . . don't worry we'll figure out who bothman is someday, not that anyone cares.

[.+0 :=oo:] My Wii-pon of choice.

What do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                Not to mention that Madolora does need to get some ice time if he is going to take over next year. And not for nothing, I don't think he has done a bad job. I don't think (correct me if I am wrong) that either one of the goals he let in were soft. I think it benefits the Tigers to give DeMike a game off here and there to keep him fresh for what really matters - the postseason.

Good stat digging kbranch on the shots. You can't have the two most talented forwards you have only taking 1 shot combined on Friday.
                I started digging around on some stats myself

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0910/teamstats/ritm

It's interesting comparing last years to this years team. Couple things that stuck out at me

- Last year RIT averaged 3.89 goals a game on 33.1 average shots
                - This year RIT is averaging 2.95 goals a game on 33.2 shots

So its pretty obvious RIT isn't getting the scoring us fans are used to (or at least came to expect). I think it was in Komey's midseason interview, with Wilson, that he said he wasn't concerned about the lack of goals from the offense. I guess maybe now he is. Even if you look at the forward stats RIT (last year) had 6 players over 10 goals. Burt had 13 goals as a freshman but is on pace for around 10 (if my figuring is correct) if RIT plays 10 more games. Favot is on pace for 7 goals compared to 10 last year.

- Opponents averaged 3.08 goals on 28.6 shots last year
                - This year RIT lowered that to 2.27 goals on 27.1 shots

For the most part I credit that to DeMike having a strong year. Menard was a little shaky at times last year. Couple this with a strong defense and RIT has put together a strong year despite the drop in scoring. This keeps up DeMike might just be the team MVP
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Capernicus View Post
                  When the new arena does come. I want there to be a video scoreboard so we could do things like this and this.
                  I liked the second one much more with the first. The first one I was kinda of like w-t-f is this? In the second one I would very much like to see Ritchie napalm canisius
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

The only thing an intro video like those would accomplish is to sell out the reserve seating section so you could walk in after the video. Absolutely the most cheesy videos ever.
                    KBranch

Comment

Did they just blow up Alderaan?

I'd bet cash money that our animation majors could do a better job than that.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                        I started digging around on some stats myself

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0910/teamstats/ritm

It's interesting comparing last years to this years team. Couple things that stuck out at me

- Last year RIT averaged 3.89 goals a game on 33.1 average shots
                        - This year RIT is averaging 2.95 goals a game on 33.2 shots

So its pretty obvious RIT isn't getting the scoring us fans are used to (or at least came to expect). I think it was in Komey's midseason interview, with Wilson, that he said he wasn't concerned about the lack of goals from the offense. I guess maybe now he is. Even if you look at the forward stats RIT (last year) had 6 players over 10 goals. Burt had 13 goals as a freshman but is on pace for around 10 (if my figuring is correct) if RIT plays 10 more games. Favot is on pace for 7 goals compared to 10 last year.

- Opponents averaged 3.08 goals on 28.6 shots last year
                        - This year RIT lowered that to 2.27 goals on 27.1 shots

For the most part I credit that to DeMike having a strong year. Menard was a little shaky at times last year. Couple this with a strong defense and RIT has put together a strong year despite the drop in scoring. This keeps up DeMike might just be the team MVP
                        It was in my midseason interview that Coach said he was not conserned about the lack of forward scoring - but he did at a "yet" in there. I would agree that he probably is more concerned now - especially when your top forwards don't even take shots.

And I would agree that DeMike is the MVP of the team so far. Whether than translates to fan's choice or not remains to be seen. It could be an interesting year for that.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          It was in my midseason interview that Coach said he was not conserned about the lack of forward scoring - but he did at a "yet" in there. I would agree that he probably is more concerned now - especially when your top forwards don't even take shots.

And I would agree that DeMike is the MVP of the team so far. Whether than translates to fan's choice or not remains to be seen. It could be an interesting year for that.
                          I imagine Burt might be fan's choice. I agree he is fun to watch but his production needs to step up some
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                            I imagine Burt might be fan's choice. I agree he is fun to watch but his production needs to step up some
                            The little spin-o-rama's he does to keep the D off the puck in the corner tick me off. Yeah they are cool, but only if something productive comes out of it. If you make 4 moves on a guy but he steals the puck on the fifth and starts it back the other way... you just wasted time.
                            "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                              The little spin-o-rama's he does to keep the D off the puck in the corner tick me off. Yeah they are cool, but only if something productive comes out of it. If you make 4 moves on a guy but he steals the puck on the fifth and starts it back the other way... you just wasted time.
                              agreed
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

RIT continues to control its destiny to win the conference. 9 wins is the magic number, with 12 games to play:

Fri Jan 22 at American Int'l
                                Sat Jan 23 at American Int'l
                                Fri Jan 29 BENTLEY
                                Sat Jan 30 BENTLEY
                                Fri Feb 5 at Sacred Heart
                                Sat Feb 6 at Sacred Heart
                                Fri Feb 12 at Army
                                Sat Feb 13 at Army
                                Fri Feb 19 AIR FORCE
                                Sat Feb 20 AIR FORCE
                                Fri Feb 26 CANISIUS
                                Sat Feb 27 CANISIUS