X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    I like that everyone is standing up to watch the world's largest Zamboni clean the ice.
    I would stand for the worlds largest zamboni. Let's get on that!
    e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Anyone going to UConn this weekend? I'm not going to the alumni thing before hand... so does anyone know what section the RIT fans will be in?
      2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
        Some random thoughts on Friday's game:

-HC coach must have really wanted some points to pull the goalie with over 2 minutes left
        That is more common when trailing by 2 goals. I thought actually he was to careful and waited to long to pull him in the second. I think Wilson post game comments on the second game summed it up best...

“I thought all the periods were really good if you look at the opportunities that we missed. We have to keep finishing off our chances. I thought it was a good job defensively as well and that’s just as important, and we didn’t get frustrated, and we did a good job.”

- Borrowed from Russell Jaslow Recap...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
          So I came across Bemidji's website.. they are building a new hockey arena for $20 million bucks.. here is the link to see the building..not too bad for $20 million.. what does everyone else think?

http://bemidjievents.com/

according to the overview, it will have 4,000 seats along with 25 event suites... seems to be exactly what people were looking from earlier posts
          Looks nice, The design kind of reminds me of what I saw at First Arena in Elmira. Not sure about the even suites though, just not sure your going to be able to sell that many. To sell those you need Business to buy them, it may work in Bemidjii, but not sure if it would in Rochester...
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            Looks nice, The design kind of reminds me of what I saw at First Arena in Elmira. Not sure about the even suites though, just not sure your going to be able to sell that many. To sell those you need Business to buy them, it may work in Bemidjii, but not sure if it would in Rochester...
            You make a good point on selling the suites.. however, the powers that be could decide to eliminate the suites altogether (or have limited amount, no more than 3?) but having them there would be useful, especially if we have top level people coming, i.e. AHA commish, etc plus we don't need to charge an astronomical amount to rent the space for a game much less the year..plus it can be helpful with recruiting to have recruits be "wined and dined" at our games without breaking ncaa rules..

any ideas about how to get $20 million? Obviously Golisano is unavailable due to his relations with the Sabres.. would anyone have an issue with an out of state or out of town company having naming rights if they pledge any money to the project?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              Not sure about the even suites though, just not sure your going to be able to sell that many. To sell those you need Business to buy them, it may work in Bemidjii, but not sure if it would in Rochester...
              Have you ever been to Bemidji?? If they can sell them there and we can't in Rochester ... with a far larger metro area, etc., then we don't deserve the arena. I'm not sure if we need them, but I bet they wouldn't go to waste. One or two could be set aside to be reserved for RIT groups/events and the others could easily go to sponsors ... like Austin Spencer Collision, Salvatore's, Tim Horton's, etc.

For a little perspective, Bemidji population = ~13K (smaller than RIT's enrollment!) while Henrietta has a population of about 45K.

Also, I don't think anyone would have issues with an out of town/state/country donor putting their name on the rink. (How about M&T Bank ... they are starting to move into the campus?? Apple, Inc. also has plenty of cash! Maybe the iRink??)
              -M

Comment

Suites suck. That is all.
                My Four Favorite teams:
                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

would anyone have an issue with an out of state or out of town company having naming rights if they pledge any money to the project?
                  I would prefer a local individual but I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Still, you never know when the next F. Ritter Shumway might decide to step up.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                    Apple, Inc. also has plenty of cash! Maybe the iRink??)
                    I would never go to another game if it was called the iRink lol
                    RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                      I would never go to another game if it was called the iRink lol
                      Me neither lol.. does anyone know if the Ritter family has any people still living? Maybe someone could reach out to gauge their interest in pledging money towards a new arena? I would think out of town would be best as I'm not sure what company based in Rochester has the money or willing to pledge money due to the economic issues...

Or we can ask the city to donate some of the stimulus money and put it into this?

Comment

any ideas about how to get $20 million? Obviously Golisano is unavailable due to his relations with the Sabres
                        Would the NCAA actually prevent Golisano from contributing money?

I'm not sure of the regulations but the University of Miami has the Alex Rodriguez Park which was named after his contribution to renovate the stadium. Wisconsin basketball and hockey play in the Kohl Center, which Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl contributed to. Nike founder Phil Knight bankrolls the Oregon Ducks and supposedly hand-picked their Athletic Director.

I don't believe amateurism rules are violated if the contribution is made directly to the school. The NCAA gets bent out of shape when players get their hands on money. However, schools are allowed to rake in cash hand over fist. If it isn't allowed, then RIT needs to find out what loopholes are being exploited.
                        2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                        2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

I was just looking at market caps and maybe Paychex, which is bigger by that metric than Xerox and Kodak combined (if I read the numbers correctly), would want to be a corporate sponsor of an arena. It doesn't have to be Golisano personally.

I assume they're on it (maybe), but I hope someone in the development office is seeing all our brilliant ideas.

And if it wasn't clear enough, I was definitely joking about iRink ... maybe MacRink?
                          -M

Comment

I was just looking at market caps and maybe Paychex, which is bigger by that metric than Xerox and Kodak combined (if I read the numbers correctly), would want to be a corporate sponsor of an arena. It doesn't have to be Golisano personally.

I assume they're on it (maybe), but I hope someone in the development office is seeing all our brilliant ideas.
                            If the development office isn't WAY ahead of us on this board then a new arena isn't even remotely on the radar screen for RIT.
                            Last edited by kbranch; 01-12-2010, 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling
                            KBranch

Comment

And if it wasn't clear enough, I was definitely joking about iRink ... maybe MacRink?
                              Kodak is still in business? ESL is dropping their naming rights on the rink on the MCC campus. Won't get any where near 20 mil out of them but they might be willing to contribute. Considering all the negative press that the ESL ice arena has gotten they would probably be pretty receptive to having their name on a rink that is a little less umm tainted
                              RIT Tigers
                              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

This was posted on the RIT website. Schools are starting to jump on this cause. It's about time RIT did too. Looks like it will be a great day in Rochester.

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...spx?path=mhock
                                RIT TIGERS
                                2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X