This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Not that this helps people out of town, but I'm pretty sure it'll be on TV locally. I only know that because I know someone on the production side, and apparently they're bringing all of their HD equipment and bypassing the BCA's equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by bjdrit View Post
      Not that this helps people out of town, but I'm pretty sure it'll be on TV locally. I only know that because I know someone on the production side, and apparently they're bringing all of their HD equipment and bypassing the BCA's equipment.
      Time Warner Sports is carrying the game in the Syracuse-Utica Area. Not sure about the rest of the state though/
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
        Time Warner Sports is carrying the game in the Syracuse-Utica Area. Not sure about the rest of the state though/
        Rochester/Finger Lakes area is broadcasting it as I'm watching it right now.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Bummer that we lost. Announced crowd over 7000 though. I got to the Dino at 4 and was told a 45 minute wait. Me and my friends were seated at 6 and got to the game just as the teams were taking the ice. Great to see this type of support. Disappointed in the result but I thought we put up a great effort just a couple bad bounces :\ Oh well here's to picking up some W's next weekend
          RIT Tigers
          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Losing a game on a terrible line change is a tough way to give it away. The bizarre thing was that RIT looked great the first two periods, and really seemed to run out of steam. That's odd, as Colgate played last night; I figured if RIT could weather the first period or so, they'd be okay. But, not so. Conditioning may be something to work on.

But, the story was the crowd. 7,400+ is just outstanding, and unlike in the Cornell game, which had a much smaller crowd, it was done almost exclusively with RIT fans. The direction of the program is impressive; they better get going on that new arena though. I think the Ritter's modest size may really become an impediment (and, actually, I skip some Friday games because of it; I just can't get there much before 6:45 if I get out of work late, and I don't want to watch the back of someone's head for three hours).

Tough loss, but kudos to the RIT staff on everything they did to get such a great crowd out to the arena. I'm an Amerks fan too, and am happy to see that they'll be much improved this season, but they could learn a few things from the event you put on tonight.

Comment

Really the only problem I have with last night's outcome was that on Colgate's second goal it appeared that Jared was bumped into by a Colgate player. Other than that it was a well played game and can't wait for the rest of the season.
              RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Awesome crowd, not so awesome result. It's a decent start to the season though.
                RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bjdrit View Post
                  But, the story was the crowd. 7,400+ is just outstanding, and unlike in the Cornell game, which had a much smaller crowd, it was done almost exclusively with RIT fans. The direction of the program is impressive; they better get going on that new arena though. I think the Ritter's modest size may really become an impediment
                  Haven't been to an RIT game since you went D1, but it was well worth the 4-hour round trip, and nice to see the Crew in mid-season form.

After last night, the admin ~really~ has to consider a bigger venue; be it the BCA or on-campus where the non-rabid, non-RIT, "need-to-have-a-soft-seat" fans w/could attend ... huge growth potential.

I was a bit surprised to see the sale of etoh after all the ominous PA warnings about it though!? PS - one of my kids is looking at RIT for grad school next year; I may have to go the dark side:]

Comment

Last night was a good game to watch - and was very winnable. A couple little things here and there and RIT would have been able to come away with a win. I'm sure that most if not all of the issues will be resolved by the time the "real" (AHA) season starts.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I got an early jump on figuring out the warm up playlist this year- I'm only missing one song at the moment. Two years ago there were 8 songs, last year there were 12, and now it's up to 14.

1. Kevin Rudolf- Let it Rock
                      2. Rev Theory- Hell Yeah
                      3. ??
                      4. Metallica- Enter Sandman
                      5. Nelly- Heart of a Champion
                      6. Alex Gaudino- Destination Unknown
                      7. Bush- Machinehead
                      8. Dropkick Murphys- I'm Shipping up to Boston
                      9. Nickelback- Animals
                      10. Rammstein- Du Hast
                      11. Cosmic Gate- Exploration of Space
                      12.The Offspring- Self-Esteem
                      13. Nickelback- Burn it to the Ground
                      14. Rise Against- Prayer of the Refugee

Does the DJ pick the list? Or do the players have some input?
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Enjoy it while you can -- RIT is currently ranked 2nd in DI attendance! (353.4 % capacity)
                        Last edited by chris625; 10-12-2009, 01:47 PM.
                        Make some TIGERS noise!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris625 View Post
                          (353.4 % capacity)
                          I think this part is the coolest. lol
                          RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                            I think this part is the coolest. lol
                            Let's see what we can do to keep it above 100% for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                              I got an early jump on figuring out the warm up playlist this year- I'm only missing one song at the moment. Two years ago there were 8 songs, last year there were 12, and now it's up to 14.

1. Kevin Rudolf- Let it Rock
                              2. Rev Theory- Hell Yeah
                              3. ??
                              4. Metallica- Enter Sandman
                              5. Nelly- Heart of a Champion
                              6. Alex Gaudino- Destination Unknown
                              7. Bush- Machinehead
                              8. Dropkick Murphys- I'm Shipping up to Boston
                              9. Nickelback- Animals
                              10. Rammstein- Du Hast
                              11. Cosmic Gate- Exploration of Space
                              12.The Offspring- Self-Esteem
                              13. Nickelback- Burn it to the Ground
                              14. Rise Against- Prayer of the Refugee

Does the DJ pick the list? Or do the players have some input?
                              Too many songs now. You get like 45 seconds of each one not sure what the point is. I thought 7 worked well. I could actually make a play list and listen to most of it on the way to the game

Though I have yet to make it early enough to a game this year to hear the warm up so maybe it works well and I am talking out of my ***
                              RIT Tigers
                              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                                Too many songs now. You get like 45 seconds of each one not sure what the point is. I thought 7 worked well. I could actually make a play list and listen to most of it on the way to the game

Though I have yet to make it early enough to a game this year to hear the warm up so maybe it works well and I am talking out of my ***
                                No you're right, it's stupid. I'd much prefer the full tracks.
                                e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Working...
                                X