This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

What is the AHA regular season scheduling format for next year when we expand to 12 teams? And are the additional teams eligible for the AHA tourney right away?

Did Niagara and RM begin shedding scholarships this season?
    KBranch

Comment

I vote for this arena - http://www.muredhawks.com/facilities...ice-arena.html.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
        What is the AHA regular season scheduling format for next year when we expand to 12 teams? And are the additional teams eligible for the AHA tourney right away?

Did Niagara and RM begin shedding scholarships this season?
        Don't know about Niagara and RM.

The conference will be split into an East and West divisions. Teams play divisional opponents 3 times and non-divisional opponents 2 times (5*3 + 2*6 = 27)
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          The conference will be split into an East and West divisions. Teams play divisional opponents 3 times and non-divisional opponents 2 times (5*3 + 2*6 = 27)
          That AIC, Bentley, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, Army, UConn East division is going to be a powerhouse !!!!

Of course, that's only if they keep the divisions true to geography.
          2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
          2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            One thing I hate in a college rink...luxury boxes. I hate, hate, hate that corporate feel of them. Ruins college athletics.
            Ha, I'd totally put luxury boxes in my design.
            Make some TIGERS noise!!

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              Don't know about Niagara and RM.

Thanks for the info.

Assuming RIT is in the West and the regions are geographic, this means that we would play Air Force in a single game at their venue or ours each season to reach a total of three games in a year. Not such a big deal when they come here because they can tack on another division/conference foe in a weekend. But going out there for one game will bite.

I would not want to be the scheduling coordinator for next season.
              KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                That gets my vote as well.. wish I could come up with the kind of money needed! the ritter would stay anyways, use for practice, intramurals, and so forth....

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                  Thanks for the info.

Assuming RIT is in the West and the regions are geographic, this means that we would play Air Force in a single game at their venue or ours each season to reach a total of three games in a year. Not such a big deal when they come here because they can tack on another division/conference foe in a weekend. But going out there for one game will bite.

I would not want to be the scheduling coordinator for next season.
                  Not really, we can always add a game, play Colorado College in an OOC game if that's the case, or go to Denver, and play the university of Denver and then go to Colorado Springs for the AFA game.. schedule would depend on if the game is on a friday or saturday.. if the AFA game is on saturday, go to Denver, then AFA or if its Friday, Play AFA then colorado College (not to be confused with U of Colorado)

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                    I think the players would vote for that locker room
                    RIT Tigers
                    Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                    Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                    Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
                      Not really, we can always add a game, play Colorado College in an OOC game if that's the case, or go to Denver, and play the university of Denver and then go to Colorado Springs for the AFA game.. schedule would depend on if the game is on a friday or saturday.. if the AFA game is on saturday, go to Denver, then AFA or if its Friday, Play AFA then colorado College (not to be confused with U of Colorado)
                      Could also play AFA twice and predetermine which one is the conference game. Teams like St. Lawrence and Clarkson often play nonconference games against each other.

I also really like the Miami arena (only seen pics), but would want a full set of seats all the way around. One end there is kind of sparse with just a balcony-like area.
                      -M

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
                        Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                        Could also play AFA twice and predetermine which one is the conference game. Teams like St. Lawrence and Clarkson often play nonconference games against each other.
                        I think our OOC games are getting lined up for the next couple of years - not sure if they took Denver and CC options into account, but it would depend on their availability and willingness to play RIT.

It has been a good rivalry to date - I could see us playing them a forth game as OOC to round out a weekend.
                        KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
                          That AIC, Bentley, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, Army, UConn East division is going to be a powerhouse !!!!

Of course, that's only if they keep the divisions true to geography.
                          While keeping the divisions to geography is logical, it is also asinine. When you have AIC, Bentley, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, Army, and UConn in one division and RIT, Mercyhurst, Air Force, Niagara, Robert Morris, and Canisius in the other your just asking for a massive gap between the two divisions. Hopefully they already thought of this and have a better plan than geography as to map out the divisions.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                            While keeping the divisions to geography is logical, it is also asinine. When you have AIC, Bentley, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, Army, and UConn in one division and RIT, Mercyhurst, Air Force, Niagara, Robert Morris, and Canisius in the other your just asking for a massive gap between the two divisions. Hopefully they already thought of this and have a better plan than geography as to map out the divisions.
                            Maybe the plan is to run the first round of the playoffs by having all the matchups across divisions (e.g. 1W v. 6E, 2W v. 5E, etc.).

That way, all the west teams could play each other in the second round!
                            -M

Comment

Pink Hockey ... did you all know about this???

http://ambassador.rit.edu/bca/index....1269&Itemid=23

It happened to see one of the pink jerseys go by at the rink this afternoon. Should be an interesting sight and I think I heard somewhere that the jerseys would be auctioned off after the game.

Somehow a pink Cameron Burt jersey seems poetic ... or oxymoronic, not sure.
                              -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                                Pink Hockey ... did you all know about this???

http://ambassador.rit.edu/bca/index....1269&Itemid=23

It happened to see one of the pink jerseys go by at the rink this afternoon. Should be an interesting sight and I think I heard somewhere that the jerseys would be auctioned off after the game.

Somehow a pink Cameron Burt jersey seems poetic ... or oxymoronic, not sure.
                                its a womens/mens double header day (January 30), both teams will be wearing pink. All jerseys will be auctioned online (i believe the auctions run from the wednesday before through the sunday or monday after).
                                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X