X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
    One of the quotes I read about him make it sound like he is a pretty slick skater. - "Mike Wills fed the puck to Michael Colavecchia who set off on another of his impressive, mazy moves into the opposition zone."
    There another line Biggar can try when he does play by play
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      There another line Biggar can try when he does play by play
      Yeah, with Mazur and Mazzie already on the team, using "mazy moves" would fit right in:-)
      Scott Biggar
      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

So whats the story on the pep band for this weekend's games? Enough of them sticking around?
        RIT Tigers
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
          So whats the story on the pep band for this weekend's games? Enough of them sticking around?
          From what I have heard, they will not be there this weekend.
          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
          Men's Frozen Four 2010
          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
            From what I have heard, they will not be there this weekend.
            Boo, oh well I'm more concerned about getting some scoring out of players this coming weekend that aren't senior defensemen. Gotta keep this win streak a live and get some distance over Air Force.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Looking at recent Sacred Heart box scores on USCHO it appears that the infamous Ed Boyle is still wearing the stripes usually reserved for officials. I thought his lack of officiating skills had finally caught up with him, but it seems the masquerade continues.
              KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                Looking at recent Sacred Heart box scores on USCHO it appears that the infamous Ed Boyle is still wearing the stripes usually reserved for officials. I thought his lack of officiating skills had finally caught up with him, but it seems the masquerade continues.
                Yeah he only got suspended for like a year.
                e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                  Yeah he only got suspended for like a year.
                  Did I miss something, I recall seeing him a few times last year???

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

My Tidbits and Thoughts for this week

Let look at some stats for the week.

Top 5 RIT Goal Scorers

1) Al Mazur – 6 Goals
                    2) Dan Ringwald – 5 Goals
                    3) Chris Tanev – 4 Goals*

*Also Burt and Favot have 4 Goals

So in effect 3 of the Tigers top 5 goal scorers are defensemen. A "wise" man and I were having a conversation at the beginning of the year about this years team. The big question we both had was who is going to score goals this year with Crowell and Kharin gone? Well first few games we were still wondering, then came the UCONN game and we see Wilson answer. Defensemen are crashing the net like crazy and forwards are doing a great job of cycling back.

The down side of that is that there will be more odd men rushes or rushes with a forward back that you give up. So we look at Goaltending.

DeMike

GP 11
                    Save% .913
                    GAA 2.31

Last year his 11th start was on 1-2-09 and here were his numbers through that start...
                    Save% .914
                    GAA 2.45

Solid number, and the Tigers are giving up less goals a game which is big for a team that been giving up 5 plus goals a game in the playoffs the last two years. DeMike has made some big saves when the game is on the line…

Could see a lot of goals this weekend as these are the top two scoring teams in the Atlantic. RIT edges the Pioneers with goals per game at 3.45 to Sacred Heart’s 3.44. Will the real goaltender please stand up, hopefully that Jared.

Sacred Heart’s 3rd leading points getter Erik Boisvert was out of the lineup last weekend and I could not find out if it was for discipline or injury. Without him the Pioneers could only get a point against Bentley last week.

Goaltending numbers for Sacred Heart are terrible, both are about the same so let me just give you the combined is .884 Save% with a 3.90 GAA.

Today’s Play list

Bruce Hornsby – That’s Thats Just The Way It
                    Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
                    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Badmoon Rising
                    Jack Johnson - They Do, They Don't

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      Did I miss something, I recall seeing him a few times last year???
                      Not at the Ritter. He was at Canisius for a game against RIT. It will be interesting to see what the crowd reaction is if he shows up at RIT this year.
                      KBranch

Comment

Just read the newest edition of "This Week in Atlantic Hockey."

One comment kinda stuck out...
                        I’m willing to bet that RIT, which is averaging about 1,900 fans per game will not come close to that on Saturday, when the Tigers will play their first afternoon game since 2001.
                        While I also do not expect attendance to be near 1900, i don't think it is because it's an afternoon game. I think had the game been last weekend, or in the middle of the quarter, you would have about the same attendance for a 4pm game as a 7pm game.
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

While I also do not expect attendance to be near 1900, i don't think it is because it's an afternoon game. I think had the game been last weekend, or in the middle of the quarter, you would have about the same attendance for a 4pm game as a 7pm game.
                          If you count the number of people that are going to show up at 7 PM on Saturday you might be right. We won't know this season, but I don't think they'd get 1,900 at 4 PM start while school is in session.
                          KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                            Not at the Ritter. He was at Canisius for a game against RIT. It will be interesting to see what the crowd reaction is if he shows up at RIT this year.
                            I think the better question would be how much of the crowd would get kicked out of the game if he were to show up at Ritter.
                            RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Outside of a few of you hardcore corner crew types I don't think anyone will care or remember the ref from that game. I certainly don't.

And I think attendance is going to suck on Saturday
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                                I think the better question would be how much of the crowd would get kicked out of the game if he were to show up at Ritter.
                                3 people at the most
                                RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X