X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by rjg8971 View Post
    Here are the details - Alumni Relations has nothing to do with the t-shirts.

They will be given out at the game and there are 4,000 available. Various offices across campus have contributed funds towards the shirts. They are going to look like a hockey jersey on the front and the back will say BCH '09.

-Ron

GO TIGERS!!!!
    awesome, thanks for the info!
    e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by rjg8971 View Post
      They are going to look like a hockey jersey on the front and the back will say BCH '09.
      I'm probably missing something obvious here, but what does "BCH" mean?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        I'm probably missing something obvious here, but what does "BCH" mean?

Powers &8^]
        Brick City Homecoming.
        Go Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
          They better let the WITR guys know then.
          Just for the record, we (the WITR guys) are the last to know anything
          Scott Biggar
          WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
          Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
            Just for the record, we (the WITR guys) are the last to know anything
            haha well at least we know that everyone else had the numbers wrong too, so it's okay!

Go Tigers.

Comment

Is anyone planning on tailgating for the BCA game? I want to get some in before it gets freezing. As of today, it looks like it's going to be mid-50's and cloudy on Saturday.

Also, I just bought a truck and can legitimately tailgate
              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                Is anyone planning on tailgating for the BCA game? I want to get some in before it gets freezing. As of today, it looks like it's going to be mid-50's and cloudy on Saturday.

Also, I just bought a truck and can legitimately tailgate
                We plan to tailgate EVERY home game this year (including BCA.) Also, WITR has signed on with us this year, they set up their PA, play music for us, and do live broadcasts over-the-air from the parking lot. I believe they are renting a generator this weekend to broadcast from downtown.
                RIT Tiger Hockey
                Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                  We plan to tailgate EVERY home game this year (including BCA.) Also, WITR has signed on with us this year, they set up their PA, play music for us, and do live broadcasts over-the-air from the parking lot. I believe they are renting a generator this weekend to broadcast from downtown.
                  Sweet. Where are you going to set up at the BCA?

Comment

I didn't know WITR was doing this. Why don't we advertise it a little?

Go Tigers.

Comment

This is the first I've heard of WITR doing this.
                      RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                        Sweet. Where are you going to set up at the BCA?
                        What we have done in the past is set up in the surface lot across the street from the public safety building. I believe we are going to try and get down there for around 4 or 4:30. I will keep you posted as our plans become more finalized.
                        RIT Tiger Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                          I didn't know WITR was doing this. Why don't we advertise it a little?
                          WITR is still kind of feeling out their role in the tailgate. They are going to have FMS bring one of the big RIT grills each time to help those out who don't have their own grill to cook food on. Beyond that they have bounced around ideas of doing giveaways / sponsoring games or competitions. I think once they get into a routine (and the season gets underway,) you may see them start to advertise more.

I know another school of thought is that as soon as you advertise tailgating as an "event," it becomes more of the same old RIT "organized fun." I think right now we are just trying to be careful as to how we move forward with growing everything. We are worried about what happens when this becomes something where we need to EVR the event or something like that.
                          RIT Tiger Hockey

Comment

I know another school of thought is that as soon as you advertise tailgating as an "event," it becomes more of the same old RIT "organized fun." I think right now we are just trying to be careful as to how we move forward with growing everything. We are worried about what happens when this becomes something where we need to EVR the event or something like that.

Yeah, we need to not make this an "RIT organized fun" event. Just look at the "tailgate parties" at the Ritz. It should just be a bunch of fans getting together, getting excited about the game, having some food, beverage, and fun. And if WITR want's to join in, awesome.
                            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Few tidbit opinions to throw out there:

Niagara beat York the day before RIT played them, 5-2. However, York took the lead in that game in the third, 2-1. Niagara played one period. RIT overall I thought played better than Niagara, especially in the third defensively sound. Actually, I was a little disappointed with how well they played defensively in the Third. Madolora was hardly tested, but give him credit he made the saves he should which is always a good sign.
                              Smith and Potts looked as advertise, but the guy that I hear Wayne if really touting is Tanev. He and the defense impressed me the most. Tanev created many chances in the Orange and White game and the second RIT Goal against York with a great pass from the point. Saracino (Yes!! Finally a kid from Saint Louis) also impressed me with his decision making and really uses his size well.

McReynolds just missed a different Gordie Howe hat trick as he had 10 minutes misconducts in 2 of 3 periods. Tyler needs to avoid those big penalties, but I love the edge him and Favot bring to the team. I am always impressed by the way Wilson finds guys who play with an edge, but also have a great deal of talent.

Jan Ropponen did a better job in controlling his rebounds, but the second goal he gave up was a horrible rebound. Seems like there is no clear backup goalie at this point which may mean DiMikie may get a Volkening size work load this year. I liked how loose DeMichiel played, doesn’t seems like he is feeling any extra pressure. He is the key to the season; if RIT is going to the NCAAs they will need a goaltender with a playoff GAA fewer than 5.
                              The new goal pegs are great to see and don’t worry about the figure skaters, Goon, Campbell, and I checked it out during Skate with the Tigers, the holes were filled in by the Zamboni . That is why you will see them drill down in between periods.

Komey’s platform was broken over the weekend, but I plan to have it rebuilt and even better than before by next game at the Ritter. May even have Mark up a little higher, you’re not afraid of heights are you Mark?
                              I have a tough under card call on Friday. I could get a preview of Colgate against Niagara, but Canisius is playing Ferris St on Friday as well. I have never seen Ferris St play before…

(Matthew Leach, maybe a second cousin to Learchie, is one of my favorite bloggers for my favorite baseball team the Saint Louis Cardinals. He always ends his tidbits with a play list of what he’s been listening to for that day while writing his blog. So I am going to pull a Corner Crew after a Cornell game and try that out and see how it works)

Playlist for today

The IRoc-z Song by The High Speed Scene
                              Who Are You? by The Who
                              Come On Eileen by Save Ferris
                              Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold
                              Cardinal Fan by The Bud Brothers
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                                As of today, it looks like it's going to be mid-50's and cloudy on Saturday.
                                Will parking be an issue around the BCA Saturday? and what is the best parking strategy? (Yes, I'm from Elmira, but don't yet own a tractor, so a regular spot will suffice)

Comment

Working...
                                X