X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' The Ritter For Another Year

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
    Tigers pick up another 2010-2011 (Heisenberg has him listed as 2010 or 2011) recruit:

Matt Garbowsky - C - 5'10" 170lbs - 07/26/1990 from the BCHL Powell River Kings

2009 - 2010 Season Powell River Kings 18gm 8g 7a 15pt 0.8gpgm 6pim

Garbowsky played 2008-2009 for Brantford of the GOHL, where he was league scoring champion and a 2nd team allstar.

2008-2009 53gm 46g 64a 110pts 22pim 18ppg 23ppa

He was traded to Powell River in September 2009.
    Man My RSS Feed just ain't doin' what it's supposed to.

That said, there is another one
    Josh Watson
    Powell River (BCHL) 6'1 160 8-7-90 2006 USA U-17 Team B

Also the Heisenberg site mentions Garbowsky as a 2010 or 2011.

EDIT: Oh, sure, beat me to it by a couple seconds why don't you.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 11-05-2009, 11:04 AM.
    RIT HOCKEY!!!
    You know what I mean.

RIP Mikita

. . . don't worry we'll figure out who bothman is someday, not that anyone cares.

[.+0 :=oo:] My Wii-pon of choice.

What do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Capernicus View Post
      EDIT: Oh, sure, beat me to it by a couple seconds why don't you.
      Sorry about that. Just a slow few minutes at work and I checked Heisenberg.

Also here is the Powell River press release for Watson and Garbowsky.

http://www.powellriverkings.com/leag...&leagueID=9578

Watson played the last few season in the EJHL. 2008-2009 he played for Baystate Breakers. No stats yet, but will try to get some together later.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

The recuiting trips to the Canadian west coast are starting to pay off. The Tigers pick up another recruit from the BCHL's Powell River Kings. This time a goalie for those who are concerned about size in the nets.

Josh Watson - G - 6'2" 180lbs, 8/7/1990, Lititz, PA

His numbers for this year:

14games 9-W 4-L 1-T 2-SO 859min 28-GA 1.96-GAA 396-SH 368-SA 0.929SV%

He's the number 1 goalie for Powell River, and his GAA is 3rd in a league that is known for scoring.
        At 6'2" he is going to be the tallest guy on the team
        RIT Tigers
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

The recuiting trips to the Canadian west coast are starting to pay off. The Tigers pick up another recruit from the BCHL's Powell River Kings. This time a goalie for those who are concerned about size in the nets.

Josh Watson - G - 6'2" 180lbs, 8/7/1990, Lititz, PA

His numbers for this year:

14games 9-W 4-L 1-T 2-SO 859min 28-GA 1.96-GAA 396-SH 368-SA 0.929SV%

He's the number 1 goalie for Powell River, and his GAA is 3rd in a league that is known for scoring.
          RIT has gone out to Western Canada to get Goaltenders before. I am about 99.999999% sure that Tyler Euverman was from out in that direction. Hope Josh Watson is as good if not better...
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            I'm just happy there aren't cheers for the end of the first quarter and third quarter.
            I would just like it written for the record that I am not a fan of the Half Time "Cheer". If it half time where is the band and the cheerleaders?

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              RIT has gone out to Western Canada to get Goaltenders before. I am about 99.999999% sure that Tyler Euverman was from out in that direction. Hope Josh Watson is as good if not better...
              Can't you still hear Randy saying 'Tyler Euvermann hails from Surrey, British Columbia' on the radio?
              KBranch

Comment

I would just like it written for the record that I am not a fan of the Half Time "Cheer". If it half time where is the band and the cheerleaders?
                This is hanging on the wall above my desk:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43159

Comment

They may have gone to BC to get him, but he calls Lititz, Pennsylvania home.
                  John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                  AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                  NCAA DII - 1983
                  NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                    Can't you still hear Randy saying 'Tyler Euvermann hails from Surrey, British Columbia' on the radio?
                    Among other things...

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

Comment

I just finished going through all the schools in NCAA DI and DIII; I don't know if these stats really mean anything but.....

There are 440ish schools in DIII, the average enrollment is 3650 and has 22 teams. The smallest enrollment is 400, the largest 40000, and RIT is the 6th largest school. Most schools in DIII do not seem to do marketing/promotions but of 22 schools of 12000 or more, 12 schools had at least one person.

There are 340ish schools in DI, the average enrollment is 16700 and has 17 teams. The smallest enrollment is 900, the largest 67000. The average school has 3.5 people on marketing, promotions, sales and/or licensing (and those are just the people listed on directories) -- not including development, broadcasting, operations, etc. The bigger programs had 15 or more people on marketing or sales.

RIT's fall enrollment is listed as 16773.
                      Make some TIGERS noise!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris625 View Post
                        I think I'm going to grill a turkey in honor or thanksgiving. No, really. (probably Saturday the 21st if anyone wants to watch the mayhem)
                        They big problem with the 21st is there is a womens game at noon, followed by the mens game at 4pm! (you wouldn't miss a women's game to make a turkey, would you?)
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Hmm, that's a great point -- means tailgating before the women's game too! Egg in a bag, I guess

There is a great tradition of having so much fun tailgating that the game itself gets missed... with that said I'm sure I could keep tabs on Mr. Gobble while watching the game as well. I've spent the past 2 years not really watching the hockey games anyway.
                          Make some TIGERS noise!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris625 View Post
                            Hmm, that's a great point -- means tailgating before the women's game too! Egg in a bag, I guess

There is a great tradition of having so much fun tailgating that the game itself gets missed... with that said I'm sure I could keep tabs on Mr. Gobble while watching the game as well. I've spent the past 2 years not really watching the hockey games anyway.
                            Do we know what WITR is doing for these games? Will they be tailgating before the women's game too, or coming out only for men?

RIT Tigers
                            Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

They're probably at the RIT Football game
                              Proud member of Smitty's ARMY

Comment

"This week in Atlantic Hockey" has some bad news...

"RIT forward Tyler Brenner, who was second on the team last season with 35 points, also has a knee injury, but fortunately for the Tigers will miss only a month or two."

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...yNov52009.html

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X