X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, eh?
    Sorry I have never been such a freaking baby as to feel the need to actually block someone. Now go change your depends oldmanriver.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Because Jcarter won't leave our thread?
      So let me get this correct you basically are saying this...

"I am doing something only because JCarter is doing it."

Hey JC I would take that to be he looks up to you and wants to follow in your footsteps.
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
        Observer, you are always able to link things that do not seem to have any connection.
        Good point...I did find this dandy of a quote from the November 8th game summary when Vermont beat Providence 3-0.

“He’s got the hot stick,” Sneddon said of Milo. “The thing we love about Justin is that he wants to shoot the puck. We’re always telling our guys to shoot and players nowadays want to pass first and their second thought is to shoot. Justin knows what his job is, he knows what his role is, and that’s to get pucks going to the net.”

Maybe he is not scoring enough and the assists are suppose to come from other players?

What the heck are baseball people doing at a hockey game? Not just watching, I would guess. I feel the same way about people from NHL teams talking to players during the season. Let the kids play, don't distract them and then talk to them at the proper time.

If Sneddon benched Milo because he feels he is distracted by baseball, or if Sneddon thinks Milo is not doing everything he is supposed to - scoring goals, competing - because of baseball, then I think he's doing the right thing.
        Just speculating here. The kid is a good baseball player and did well in college and during his season with Staton Island. It is a business and when these sport franchises need employees, they tend to go get them. I am guessing he can always finish school next year after the baseball season is over.

This team has a number of players capable and deserving of being in the lineup. Tobias Roos is doing well and producing on the Roloff line (11 games played - no points), Brayden Irwin is scoring goals no matter who he plays with, and combined with David Pacan, they've been like men among boys. Jonathan Higgins seems ready to start banging in goals (12 games played, 1 goal on 15 YTD shots), Brian Roloff (2 goals in last game)and Jack Downing (2 goals since Thanksgiving)are on goal scoring tears. Colin Vock is scoring again (Yes, true...4 points in last 3 games)and will probably stay hot for a while. Chris McCarthy is like a poor man's Jack Downing. Without even counting who I consider the team's most well-rounded forward, Wahs Stacey, and a freshman that would be a regular on any other team in the country, Sebastien Stalberg, that's 8 top two line forwards to spread through this team's four legitimate scoring lines.
        What are you smokin?
        Last edited by observer85; 12-17-2009, 05:15 PM.
        Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Grantfan - you have a very active imagination but little regard for facts. I hope we can take your optimistic statement and call it true a month or two from now but it sure is not very accurate based on the first half of the season.

Comment

I actually have a very high regard for facts. I love facts.

Comment

Alumni update...Victor Stalberg gets a call up to the Maple Leafs who play in Buffalo on Friday night. He played in 19 games with the Marlies and had 8 goals, 13 assists, 21 points, 65 shots on goal, +6.
              Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post

Hey JC I would take that to be he looks up to you and wants to follow in your footsteps.
                Well imitation is the highest form of flattery right??

Comment

Not sure how many are aware but Ted Ryan writes a blog as well as articles for the free press. http://uvmsports.wordpress.com/

With regards to SPillane and Madore he had posted this which I agree with :

"As a guess (educated or otherwise), though, look for Madore to go against Dartmouth, Spillane to open against Alabama-Huntsville in the tourney’s first game and Madore to play either Minnesota-Duluth or Mercyhurst in UVM’s second tourney game."

I think Sneddon will give the UAH game and Madore the UMD game since UMD is likely to be the tougher game, and carries weight for the NCAA. Madore seems to be the hotter of the two goalies right now.

"In his last three starts, Madore has allowed five goals with a goals-against average of 1.62, a save percentage of .945 "

He seems to have found his groove, but now needs to remain consistent. The DC game should be a confidence booster if the boys come to play which is needed, there are a lot of games left to play and most of them will be against TUC.

Comment

it strikes me as coincidence that both grantfan and jcarter never respond to each other; especially when factoring how both possess equal amounts of stupidity
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post

I was answering the question, not trolling the thread.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I was answering the question, not trolling the thread.
                        How would you know there was a question to answer if you weren't "trolling the thread"

Senility seems to be kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          it strikes me as coincidence that both grantfan and jcarter never respond to each other; especially when factoring how both possess equal amounts of stupidity
                          www.drybonesproject.com/blog/peanutGallery.jpg

Comment

Rut roh, does jcarter has an alias?
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Rut roh, does jcarter has an alias?
                              I'm no grammar major, but shouldn't that be : Does jcarter have and alias?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                I'm no grammar major, but shouldn't that be : Does jcarter have and alias?
                                Alright, I guess the lolcat language wasn't obvious enough. I apologize.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X