This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread

Speaking of INCH Power Rankings. UVM is 4-2 (1-1 DU, 2-1 BC, 1-0 Yale) against the top 10, and 0-3-1 against 10-20... Sure wish we'd start playing consistently. (We shut out the top scoring offense in the nation!)

Definitely improvements though! Can't wait for our lifetime rival DC this weekend. I agree with comments about UMD being big, they are really looking like a NCAA tourney team, and thats a great OOC game for us.

About the PP, I like the looks, but 2 PP goals in the last 2 games is an unfair way of judging. Last game, 2 PP goals were scored in the last 5 minutes of the game, sure they locked it up, but one was an EN! I did like the bizarre 3 D PP, but they sure need to get the puck on net.

I'd really like to see Milo, Stacey, Roloff, Downing, Irwin and Vock all play on the same day!
    OCT 29, 2004 - The Day UVM Hockey turned around...

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      I would just like to let jcarter know that by the holy decree of this week's infallible Inside College Hockey Power Rankings, BC is not only better than Yale, but is by far the best team in Hockey East. Far be it from we little people to question the INCH Power Rankings, so I figured you'd appreciate the update.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your thread.

You are a moron. I made a statment, you guys are the ones that took it to absurd proportions. And I also said neither mattered until the end of the year. But, keep making **** up if you like pudwhacker.

Good for BC, keep winning from here on out, it only helps UVM and there season series win that much better.

Now, go enjoy the rest of the BC thread.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
        19th is not a good place to be sitting in the PWR at this stage. Figure only the top 12 to 14 get in as you have a couple of conference championship winners that are not in the top 15 who always sneak in.
        I agree that 19th is certainly not where they want to be, but given their play I will take it. The second half will be key and how they do against UNH, UMA, ME, etc.

That said there seems to be a large disparity right now as the cats are 19th in the PWR, 18th in RPI and 15th in KRACH. And hey, look at the bright side, that higher then UML in all three.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          And hey, look at the bright side, they are still below UML in the Hockey East standings despite playing 1 more league game.
          FYP
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by BeammeupScottY View Post
            FYP
            Let me know how that works out for you come NCAA selection time.

Comment

Anyone know why Milo did not play Saturday?

Comment

The facts are Yale was ranked higher last year then BC and currently are ranked higher then BC in the USCHO poll, the USA today poll, and the INCH power rankings.
                What does the USAToday poll and the INCH powerrankings tell you??

You are a moron.
                nice
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

You are a moron.
                  Good for BC, keep winning from here on out, it only helps UVM and there season series win that much better.
                  I think you should hold off on calling other people "morons" until you get through the 3rd grade, champ.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    I think you should hold off on calling other people "morons" until you get through the 3rd grade, champ.

Why is it the best you can come up with is grammar? I sure hope you are an education major as that is clearly your calling. Good luck with that.

And I have to ask, at this point, you have got to realize I don't care about grammar. Why do you continue to correct it like some how I am going to start paying attention to it. I would suggest you look up the definition of insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      nice
                      I really don't know what your point is.....

You post that like it is some "gotcha" thing, but you ignore the fact and the posts where is state it doesn't matter until the end of the year.

The post I made was that CURRENTLY Yale, whom you BC fans hold in such disregard were ranked higher then BC last year when UVM beat them in the tourney and they were ranked higher then BC when I made the post. You assume that means something other then they were ranked higher. You would do well to just stick with what is posted.

For the record so we can hopefully end this line of ******** post, IMO, neither polls, PWR, RPI, PowerRankings, or KRACH mean squat. There are entirely too many games yet to be played for any of it to matter.

Now SteveWonder, you can post back a reply but I am done responding unless you have a legitimate point to make. Good day.

Comment

actually, neither post i quoted mentions anything about the polls being meaningless until the end of the year. in fact, one post even says currently.

The post I made was that CURRENTLY Yale, whom you BC fans hold in such disregard were ranked higher then BC last year
                        hmm, again with the currently. i'm not going to lie, i have no idea what this is trying to say. me fail english?

For the record so we can hopefully end this line of ******** post, IMO, neither polls, PWR, RPI, PowerRankings, or KRACH mean squat. There are entirely too many games yet to be played for any of it to matter.
                        so do the polls not matter now that BC is ranked ahead of Yale. or did they not matter way back when you used them as the basis for your argument when Yale was ahead of BC?

ps... it is than
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I for one, am devastated at the lack of respect the pollsters show Air Force. For chrissakes, these kids must be good at hockey, after all, they defend our country. And grantfan said that makes them good at hockey and you cannot disrespect them as a result. Not being voted in the polls is disgusting disrespect for those that serve our country. It should not be tolerated.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            so do the polls not matter now that BC is ranked ahead of Yale. or did they not matter way back when you used them as the basis for your argument when Yale was ahead of BC?

ps... it is than
                            What argument? There was no argument. You Fail. Next time try reading the thread and stop picking out a post here and there. If you had you may have noticed it was Cat Lover that made the argument regarding polls.

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            Last time I looked Yale was ranked higher then BC and UML, just like they were at the end of last year. So if they stink what that say about your team?
                            Try doing at least a little background research before posting. Or are you a politician in training??
                            Last edited by jcarter7669; 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I for one, am devastated at the lack of respect the pollsters show Air Force. For chrissakes, these kids must be good at hockey, after all, they defend our country. And grantfan said that makes them good at hockey and you cannot disrespect them as a result. Not being voted in the polls is disgusting disrespect for those that serve our country. It should not be tolerated.
                              Glad to see you are coming around. That's a big step for you, now remember take it one day at a time.

Comment

Hey, the Vermont icers should not be disrespected by the pollsters. They smoke our pot.

Comment

Working...
                                X