X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
    His celebration of a goal vs. Maine last year was similar...celebrate...no clue who gave him the pass to even make the shot a possibility. My youth hockey coaches always reminded us players to remember it is not who scores but who made the pass to allow the goal to be scored.

http://www.youtube.com/uvmathletics#p/u/166/Mt2Pr7w5kgk
    You guys are knocking the kid for goal celebrations like this? Tough crowd.
    You would have hated having Nate Gerbe on your team.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      You guys are knocking the kid for goal celebrations like this? Tough crowd.
      You would have hated having Nate Gerbe on your team.
      Yeah, Gerbe is a real team player. He celebrated every goal his scored on his own goalie in WARMUPS! ( Yes I saw this several times with my own eyes) No wonder he is not in the NHL, I'm sure that would go over real well with the vetern players.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
        Yeah, Gerbe is a real team player. He celebrated every goal his scored on his own goalie in WARMUPS! ( Yes I saw this several times with my own eyes) No wonder he is not in the NHL, I'm sure that would go over real well with the vetern players.
        could you be more wrong? vermont fans are always a lesson in ignorance. so adorable.
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          could you be more wrong? vermont fans are always a lesson in ignorance. so adorable.
          No its true, I saw all 4 games versus VT his senior year and he did it during every warm ups. We wondered if any of the goalies every knocked him on his arse for showing them up like that.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Who cares about titles when you can get the thrill of a lifetime with wins over Yale and Air Force?!?!?!
            Last time I looked Yale was ranked higher then BC and UML, just like they were at the end of last year. So if they stink what that say about your team?

Comment

Who cares about titles when you can get the thrill of a lifetime with wins over Yale and Air Force?!?!?!
              Last time I looked Yale was ranked higher then BC and UML, just like they were at the end of last year. So if they stink what that say about your team?

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't think anyone doubts the possibility that Nate Gerbe celebrated after goals in warmups; I think what Steve is referring to is this:
                    Originally posted by Martin St Louis Fan
                    No wonder he is not in the NHL
                    and
                    Originally posted by 'Last Night's Buffalo Sabres game
                    ******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWlY-IXIYJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWlY-IXIYJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">
                    Poor timing

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                      Also, BC is #4 in the pairwise while Ole' Eli Yale chugs in at an impressive 18th place. What the current UselesSCHO poll tells me is that the pollsters are dumb. But we already knew that.
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        No its true, I saw all 4 games versus VT his senior year and he did it during every warm ups. We wondered if any of the goalies every knocked him on his arse for showing them up like that.
                        considering he left after his junior year, you can imagine my surprise at the straws you are grasping at.

further, i saw more than 4 games in his career - including a national championship (no wins over yale or air force though, huge bummer, but i digress) and can attest that he did not celebrate every goal in warmups (as if that would even matter if he did)
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Ok, You got me there. Gratz on his first goal.
                          I still bet he is not on MIller's Christmas card list.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                            Oops... sorry to have intruded.
                            You folks just keep on throwing a member of your team under the bus because of the way he celebrates scoring a goal.

Perhaps the fan base could coax Coach Sneddon into a new team rule... no more goal celebrations. It may get the team pumped up.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Oops... sorry to have intruded.
                              You folks just keep on throwing a member of your team under the bus because of the way he celebrates scoring a goal.

Perhaps the fan base could coax Coach Sneddon into a new team rule... no more goal celebrations. It may get the team pumped up.
                              I dont think anyone has a problem with players celebrating after a goal, it's just a little odd to see a player raise his stick and pump his fist after putting a puck past his own goalie in warm ups.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                Also, BC is #4 in the pairwise while Ole' Eli Yale chugs in at an impressive 18th place. What the current UselesSCHO poll tells me is that the pollsters are dumb. But we already knew that.
                                What does the USAToday poll and the INCH powerrankings tell you??
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X