This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread

my favorite thing about UVM this year is that they almost go out of their way to prove me right at every opportunity.

best defense in the league. ha. anyone want to apologize to me for that absurd statement?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
      my favorite thing about UVM this year is that they almost go out of their way to prove me right at every opportunity.

best defense in the league. ha. anyone want to apologize to me for that absurd statement?
      As soon as you reference the quote where that was stated and by whom.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        UVM still sitting around at .500 and goaltending is a concern...

As grantfan would say:

Sounds about right, don't you think, grantfan?
        LOL

one of the dumbest posts all of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post

All of the 4 goals on 12 shots against Spillane were the result of glaring defensive lapses, not little ones.

Goal 4 ??? Yes it was a 2 on one, but Spillane was on the ice 15 feet in front of the net. He didn't make it very difficult for UNH to simply skate by him and score.

FYI Sneddon was not pleased with the goaltending and even Melrose (who I think is a moron BTW) noted that goaltending was poor despite the fact that yes, the D hung both Madore and Spillane out to dry.

Comment

and again, i'm waiting for you to find one post in which i've been demonstrably wrong this season.
            lowell 40-0-0, 27-0-0 in HE

Good call oh wise one.

I await your apology form being an dumbshlt

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              As soon as you reference the quote where that was stated and by whom.
              at 6:06 PM on Aug. 4, grantfan said, "I agree with his comment that UVM has possibly the best D in HE if they all stick."

myself and my good friend patronick replied with a mixture of disbelief and disgust, of course, prompting observer85 to post in defense of grantfan's foolish theory.

i in turn said that if lowell were to offer you a straight-up trade of D corps this season, you'd be a fool not to take it. funnnnn immediately said no. as did one poster called jcarter7669.

SO! from what i can tell i am owed sincere and lengthy apologies from the following UVM supporters:

grantfan
              observer85
              funnnnn
              jcarter7669

there are probably more but that was all i found in two pages of the vermont offseason thread
              Good call oh wise one.
              yes that was in no way a joke

Comment

I agree, defense and goaltending have both been bad (more so, the defense than goaltending IMO), but the inability to finish scoring chances is equally frustrating. Take UNH's 5th goal (the wrister to the open right half of the net), would we have scored there? I'm guessing we would have hit the post, giving us another near miss to feel good about.

Comment

at 6:06 PM on Aug. 4, grantfan said, "I agree with his comment that UVM has possibly the best D in HE if they all stick."

myself and my good friend patronick replied with a mixture of disbelief and disgust, of course, prompting observer85 to post in defense of grantfan's foolish theory.

i in turn said that if lowell were to offer you a straight-up trade of D corps this season, you'd be a fool not to take it. funnnnn immediately said no. as did one poster called jcarter7669.

SO! from what i can tell i am owed sincere and lengthy apologies from the following UVM supporters:

grantfan
                  observer85
                  funnnnn
                  jcarter7669

there are probably more but that was all i found in two pages of the vermont offseason thread

yes that was in no way a joke

First off grantfan said possibly the best defense. You may want to look that word up. Secondly, I still do not want UML's defense even the way UVM's D is playing. It isn't entirely there fault. They can't have a lot of confidence in their goaltending when the tender is giving up softies to the tune of 4 goals on 12 shots. Either way I suggest you hold your breath while you are waiting those apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    I agree, defense and goaltending have both been bad (more so, the defense than goaltending IMO), but the inability to finish scoring chances is equally frustrating. Take UNH's 5th goal (the wrister to the open right half of the net), would we have scored there? I'm guessing we would have hit the post, giving us another near miss to feel good about.
                    Gawd I hope we would have scored there, 50% of the 'mites' could score that goal. That was a terrible goal by Madore, was he tired? Thought it was still pre game warm ups? What the hell was he doing on the freaking ice? But the entire team forgot what they were doing, someone needs to put on a body on that guy.

Comment

First off grantfan said possibly the best defense. You may want to look that word up.
                      could you argue with a straight face that UVM has anywhere NEAR the best defense in hockey east?

Secondly, I still do not want UML's defense even the way UVM's D is playing.
                      okay i get it now you're joking around and having a laugh.

Comment

could you argue with a straight face that UVM has anywhere NEAR the best defense in hockey east?
                        The way they are playing???? No. Did they have the potential to be one of the best defensive teams.....sure. They just have yet to show up and play anywhere near their potential. This leads to the second statement, or part of it. UVM has a defense that should be one of the better defenses, but right now they just suck. Potential is still there. Besides that If we traded defenses UML would plummet to 10th, and I just don't want to read in the paper where you jumped off a bridge somewhere.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv...eature=related

Comment

[QUOTE=UMLGoon;4508354]at 6:06 PM on Aug. 4, grantfan said, "I agree with his comment that UVM has possibly the best D in HE if they all stick."

The link, Goon, if I am not wrong, is to a poster named Snwbrdr.

At the beginning of the season, I thought UVM's defense was seriously overrated as they are awful with the puck, and that its' potential was largely in its' fans' imaginations. I believe I would have accepted a straight up trade of UVM's defense for Lowell's, as I would for BU's and UNH's.

Maybe you got the wrong link or maybe you're not correct. In either case, it's always great seeing your contributions to Vermont's thread. I still am looking forward to, and EARMARK THIS POST FOR PROPER FUTURE USE, seeing Vermont take 3 of 4 points from Lowell and finishing higher in the HE standings.

And Goon, leave out this part of the post when you look back at it in March.....I'm not positive exactly how the Catamounts are going to do it, I'm just looking forward to it.

Comment

[QUOTE=grantfan;4508482]

The link, Goon, if I am not wrong, is to a poster named Snwbrdr.

At the beginning of the season, I thought UVM's defense was seriously overrated as they are awful with the puck, and that its' potential was largely in its' fans' imaginations. I believe I would have accepted a straight up trade of UVM's defense for Lowell's, as I would for BU's and UNH's.

Maybe you got the wrong link or maybe you're not correct. In either case, it's always great seeing your contributions to Vermont's thread. I still am looking forward to, and EARMARK THIS POST FOR PROPER FUTURE USE, seeing Vermont take 3 of 4 points from Lowell and finishing higher in the HE standings.

And Goon, leave out this part of the post when you look back at it in March.....I'm not positive exactly how the Catamounts are going to do it, I'm just looking forward to it.

Careful calling him Goon, there is actually a poster with the name Goon who appears to be a rather intelligent person. He would in no way be confused with UMLGoon, who is just a pain the butt.

"Maybe you got the wrong link or maybe you're not correct."

Just to clarify, in either case, he would be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                LOL

one of the dumbest posts all of last year.
                                I still think BC is a soft team. Exhibit A, lousy, crummy, stinky, icky, ishy UVM, with its awful defense/goaltending, right Dick, beat them 3-2 after being run out of the building the evening before. Where's the guts in that? Though, to be fair, Muse was sensational!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X