This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread

I have no beef from any fans from schools that have had success. They have earned the respect with their teams performance on the ice.
    It's the tools from programs that have done nothing that insist on raining on our parade. Picking nits, and splitting hairs to make themselves feel good.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      If you don't beat good teams to get there, and don't win a game there, and don't even have any other postseason success to speak of (HE tourney), then a good argument can be made that you are NOT good and snagged two wins against bad teams to get there. Of course, I've stated this several times.
      So the win and tie against then #1 Miami (made the NC game) and 2 wins against BU ( NC's) weren't wins against good teams? Yup they were slouches, So who exactly were the good teams last season
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        So the win and tie against then #1 Miami (made the NC game) and 2 wins against BU ( NC's) weren't wins against good teams? Yup they were slouches, So who exactly were the good teams last season
        So now you're hanging your hat on regular season games? You guys are like UNH fans but your program has won even less than theirs (which is tough to do!).

Since UNH is already crowned as the Kings of October, how about we crown you guys the Kings of November? Sound good? OK then.

HANG A BANNER!!!! We beat BU in the regular season!!!!
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So now you're hanging your hat on regular season games? You guys are like UNH fans but your program has won even less than theirs (which is tough to do!).
          Ah I misread your post, when you said "beat good teams to get there" I took it to mean the NCAA, you were just talking about the two games up to the FF that are just the draw you are given. My apologies. Yes, I see your point now UVM should have DEMANDED from the selection committee that they play Miami and DU, anything less would be unacceptable.

Tell you what, this year I will tell Sneddon to send them a letter asking for the toughest draw possible, because we can't take this ****ing ********* Nick from Yuma guy being a moron.

Comment

So now you're hanging your hat on regular season games?

HANG A BANNER!!!! We beat BU in the regular season!!!!
            Hang a banner, we won a Beanpot!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
              Hang a banner, we won a Beanpot!
              There is a key word in there...

Comment

So lets see, of the 6 losses in 45 games that BU had, UVM accounted for two of those. How many did BC account for?

In the season series against undoubtedly the best team in college hockey last year UVM went 2-2-0, in the regular season UVM was 2-1-0, in the post season, however, they went 0-1-0
                FYP.

Comment

Tell you what, this year I will tell Sneddon to send them a letter asking for the toughest draw possible, because we can't take this ****ing ********* Nick from Yuma guy being a moron.
                  Sounds like a plan. Tell Sneddon that when they get a tough draw, I'll be sure to send him a postcard from Detroit 2 weeks later.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Tell you what, this year I will tell Sneddon to send them a letter asking for the toughest draw possible.
                    it's cute that you think Vermont is going to make the NCAAs

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                      FYP.
                      Um, no you added to it. That's not fixing it's modifying, adding, altering, changing, etc etc but it is not fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                        it's cute that you think Vermont is going to make the NCAAs
                        Yeah, I am a glass half full kinda guy. And hey you know, with a 3-2-1 record against ranked teams so far I'm a bit more optimistic then if they were 1-1-1 or something. Playing tough competition is important and a split with #1 DU certainly looks better then had our AD Corran set us up with two against UAH or someother bottom of the barrel teams. I mean its fun and all to see your team beat up on weaker teams, but it doesn't get you far come selection time. So, yeah maybe I am a bit optimistic.

Comment

Um, no you added to it. That's not fixing it's modifying, adding, altering, changing, etc etc but it is not fixing.
                          Fix: "The act of adjusting, correcting, or repairing."

Wouldn't you know the two bolded words are synonyms. I'm glad you agree that I did fix it.

Comment

I never even remotely came close to hinting at that so why you infer that type of logic is mindboggling although we do know that the UVM fans are not exactly MENSA candidates

Of course not, they played the teams they were given and won.

False. Anyone can talk about this. I'm sure there are some folks from BU and Miami and even Bemidji that would have a similar opinion. Although, they WERE low seeds and did actually beat a quality team in the NCAAs. You see what I'm getting at here?

No, it goes like this. If you beat good teams to get there, a good argument can be made that you are good and earned it. If you don't beat good teams to get there but beat good teams at the FF, a good argument can be made that you are good and earned it (especially given the angle that you play who you play). If you don't beat good teams to get there, and don't win a game there, and don't even have any other postseason success to speak of (HE tourney), then a good argument can be made that you are NOT good and snagged two wins against bad teams to get there. Of course, I've stated this several times.

Yea, 8 FFs in 12 years, I got to see 7 of the 8 in person, 2 national titles, and 6 HE titles. SOOOOOOO BITTER!!!!!

Oh and you said undeserving schools as in plural. There was only one there. Singular.

It really kills you guys to know people out there aren't too impressed with wins over Yale and AFA. That's a shame.
                            Only someone who is unhappy or yes bitter would spend so much time trying to take away other peoples joy from something they had nothing to do with. Paint it anyway you want if you were so content you would not be posting here. Look thru your posts and see all the negativity goes to prove my point.

Vermont fans can enjoy our team's success even if it doesnt end in a NC, you have got so used to winning that you cant take pleasure in anything less than a NC. And it so bothers you that we were happy so have to come here and try to make yourself feel better because you were not happy with your teams results last year.
                            Last edited by Cat lover; 11-18-2009, 02:22 PM.
                            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              Fix: "The act of adjusting, correcting, or repairing."

Wouldn't you know the two bolded words are synonyms. I'm glad you agree that I did fix it.
                              All of these are predicated on a mistake or error. adjusting, correcting or repairing. Ergo, no you did not "fix" anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                                Only someone who is unhappy or yes bitter would spend so much time trying to take away other peoples joy from something they had nothing to do with. Paint it anyway you want if you were so content you would not be posting here. Look thru your posts and see all the negativity goes to prove my point.

Vermont fans can enjoy our team's success even if it doesnt end in a NC, you have got so used to winning that you cant take pleasure in anything less than a NC. And it so bothers you that we were happy so have to come here and try to make yourself feel better because you were not happy with your teams results last year.

Perfect description of a poor loser.

Comment

Working...
                                X