X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
    What a great comeback, really shows that the Cats are the real deal. Sneddon did not overreact to last nights loss, and I think it helped them focus with the quick turnaround.
    GO CATS GO!
    Well, if by "real deal" you mean that they can compete with any team in the country when they come to play, then absolutely. But this team really needs to show me more consistency. They need to bring the tenacity, mental toughness to every game. They need to win puck battles. Last night they were sluggish and the passing was poor. Today, Spillane bailed them out, but in general they played MUCH better.

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
      Well, if by "real deal" you mean that they can compete with any team in the country when they come to play,
      Indeed this is what I meant. They have the talent, and need to work on "brinigng it " every night. I believe in Kevin Sneddon, and I am sure he will instill this trait sooner than later.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

What a great comeback, really shows that the Cats are the real deal.
        I have no IDEA how you come to that conclusion from what you saw this weekend. Splitting a series, and getting absolutely embarrassed in one of the games, convinces you that this team is a contender? Only thing this weekend told me was that Vermont is nothing to be concerned about.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          I have no IDEA how you come to that conclusion from what you saw this weekend. Splitting a series, and getting absolutely embarrassed in one of the games, convinces you that this team is a contender? Only thing this weekend told me was that Vermont is nothing to be concerned about.
          Please, for the LOVE OF GOD, stay in your own thread. Are you seriously seven years old? Also, when UML does ANYTHING let me know. And dont pull the whole "look how great our team is doing right now this season" crap. At the end of the year when you make the national tournament, make the frozen four, and win the national title, let me know....oh wait...
          Last edited by midge843; 11-15-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            Only thing this weekend told me was that Vermont is nothing to be concerned about.
            I'm sure that many at BC told themselves the same thing.
            Lose to Vt on the road, Blow out that Cats at home..Less than 24 hrs later we get their #2 goalie. Plus they have not won a game in our barn in 15 yrs.

I like other teams thinking like this.......

Comment

I'm sure that many at BC told themselves the same thing.
              Lose to Vt on the road, Blow out that Cats at home..Less than 24 hrs later we get their #2 goalie. Plus they have not won a game in our barn in 15 yrs.

I like other teams thinking like this.......
              it was actually a terribly boring game decided by a bogus 5 min major call. but if you want to use that to springboard your season then go ahead and good luck with that until the next loss when you give up on the season again.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                it was actually a terribly boring game decided by a bogus 5 min major call. but if you want to use that to springboard your season then go ahead and good luck with that until the next loss when you give up on the season again.
                Yeah, I actually completely agree with you. As a big UVM fan, i'll admit I'm very worried about the team right now. I'll certainly take this win, but BC outplayed them this weekend.

Comment

if you want to use that to springboard your season.
                  Taking 2 of 3 from BC is always a huge accomplishment. BC has always been a HE Power.

Comment

use that to springboard your season
                    Use whatever you have to to springboard your season, we could use the boost in strength of schedule. Go Cats!
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                      I'm very worried about the team right now.
                      Only thing I am worried about is consistency. I think a lot of it may be mental.
                      Winning series has always been Sneddon's benchmark, so I think he is happy with the results thus far. The consistency will come.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Use whatever you have to to springboard your season, we could use the boost in strength of schedule. Go Cats!
                        Could not have said it better...............

Comment

Great job by the cats in crumpling up last nights game, throwing it in the can and come into today's game for what it was....1 hockey east game with 2 points on the line. Yes consistency is the obvious thing that needs to be figured out but to get the win today, earn a split on the weekend on the road and take 4 of 6 points on the season against BC is positive no matter how you spin it. Finally getting a win in BC's rink (last win there was in 94' with St.Louis, etc) is great and if they happen to play at BC in the quarters they can go into that series with much more confidence than had they lost today.

Spillane playing well can only help Madore bear down, focus, and do the right things to keep his team in games like getting better at rebound control and aggressively squaring up to shots. Long term, Madore is the guy that will get the team to where they want to get (Detroit) but I have no problem seeing a rotation where one is trying to out-do the other game to game. Spillane is very good and seems to have coiled in his propensity to want to come out and play every puck dumped in. I just think to get to the FF you need a goalie who not only makes all the routine saves but comes up with some jawdroppers along the way as well and I think Madore ultimately fits that persona.

Comment

I did not see or listen to either BC game so I can't comment. I am interested in insights on performance from anyone that saw the games.

I will say that it sure is nice to finally get a W at BC. That is a monkey off the back for sure.

Home has been decent, road has been rough since Denver. But, at least getting the W today, after the scoreboard drubbing the night before, shows they are mentally tough enough to stick with it and get the job done, even if they are still not playing their best.

A split is fine and a great way to end the first full HE season series. Also glad to be done with BC. They could be very scary good by the end of the season - and high in the standings/rankings. This season series victory also gives the Cats a boost in the SOS if it's relevant at the end of the season. I am not yet convinced they have the team chemistry to be there for the NCAA tourney but we'll see.

Enjoy the 8 days off and bring the A game next Tuesday. We need to knock off UMASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
                              Great job by the cats in crumpling up last nights game, throwing it in the can and come into today's game for what it was....1 hockey east game with 2 points on the line. Yes consistency is the obvious thing that needs to be figured out but to get the win today, earn a split on the weekend on the road and take 4 of 6 points on the season against BC is positive no matter how you spin it. Finally getting a win in BC's rink (last win there was in 94' with St.Louis, etc) is great and if they happen to play at BC in the quarters they can go into that series with much more confidence than had they lost today.

Spillane playing well can only help Madore bear down, focus, and do the right things to keep his team in games like getting better at rebound control and aggressively squaring up to shots. Long term, Madore is the guy that will get the team to where they want to get (Detroit) but I have no problem seeing a rotation where one is trying to out-do the other game to game. Spillane is very good and seems to have coiled in his propensity to want to come out and play every puck dumped in. I just think to get to the FF you need a goalie who not only makes all the routine saves but comes up with some jawdroppers along the way as well and I think Madore ultimately fits that persona.

Madore certainly has made some jaw dropping flashy saves (I followed the team all the way to DC in person), but right now he just needs to get his confidence back and focus on the fundamentals. I'd still ride a two goalie system for now, until Madore earns the full time job again

Comment

Madore has not been playing up to the level of last year. Spillane should see equal or more time until either Madore gets it going again or Spillane starts to slip. So far Spillane has a 1 GAA in games he started.

Comment

Working...
                                X