This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread

Keep in mind that York did not discard McCarthy he just wanted him to play one more year before entering school. That would have made McCarthy THAT much better in college. I presume York did that because he already had a very LOADED class coming in this year and he wanted to balance it out a bit.

If you look at who he had coming in this year it's hard to blame him for wanting to defer McCarthy a year. He probably would have taken him had he known Ryan was going to drop out immediately, but he did what he had to for his team at the time.

On the other hand, we are THRILLED to add McCarthy to our incoming class and congrats to him for a nice first game and for being HE rookie of the week. However I think the Merrimack kid who scored FIVE goals on Saturday should have won that hands down going away. Not even fair that he did not.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
      Keep in mind that York did not discard McCarthy he just wanted him to play one more year before entering school. That would have made McCarthy THAT much better in college. I presume York did that because he already had a very LOADED class coming in this year and he wanted to balance it out a bit.

If you look at who he had coming in this year it's hard to blame him for wanting to defer McCarthy a year. He probably would have taken him had he known Ryan was going to drop out immediately, but he did what he had to for his team at the time.

On the other hand, we are THRILLED to add McCarthy to our incoming class and congrats to him for a nice first game and for being HE rookie of the week. However I think the Merrimack kid who scored FIVE goals on Saturday should have won that hands down going away. Not even fair that he did not.
      I think they probably didn't want to give him player of the week AND rookie of the week. He was named player of the week.

And yeah York didn't discard McCarthy, he was trying to sandbag and hold him back a year, not a bad gamble if it works. I'm sure York gets away with it most of the time, afterall if Jerry says you need more time, then most kids are just going to say sure, no problem. Either way I am glad it worked out that way. McCarthy will be a positive player to have on the team over then next few years, and he clearly will contribute this year as a freshman.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I think they probably didn't want to give him player of the week AND rookie of the week. He was named player of the week.

And yeah York didn't discard McCarthy, he was trying to sandbag and hold him back a year, not a bad gamble if it works. I'm sure York gets away with it most of the time, afterall if Jerry says you need more time, then most kids are just going to say sure, no problem. Either way I am glad it worked out that way. McCarthy will be a positive player to have on the team over then next few years, and he clearly will contribute this year as a freshman.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Kreider was originally scheduled to arrive at BC in 2010. He accelerated and came this year. BC's hands were tied... no scholly available in 2009.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Kreider was originally scheduled to arrive at BC in 2010. He accelerated and came this year. BC's hands were tied... no scholly available in 2009.
            With so many first year players, I can't believe Kreider was the only one without a scholarship. While it is pure speculation, might that be the reason Kenny Ryan left?
            Need UVM Tickets? Drop me a line.
            October 30, 2010 - Vermont's Bear Hunting Season

Comment

Originally posted by Section12Gutterson View Post
              With so many first year players, I can't believe Kreider was the only one without a scholarship. While it is pure speculation, might that be the reason Kenny Ryan left?
              I should have clarified better, but my understanding is Kreider coming a year early affected McCarthy's 2009 spot. No scholly was available in '09 for McCarthy.

I doubt a scholly had anything to do with Ryan's departure. He had committed to BC in 2007.
              “This came as a complete surprise to us,” said head coach Jerry York. “There were no indications at all in advance, but he's made the decision to go play for Windsor."
              Ryan
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Merrimack on Friday

Looking forward to checking out Merrimack's Stephane Da Costa (Paris, France) he scored 5 goals in one game the other day.

Comment

Hopefully the Cats put a stop to the Mack winning streak.

I think I would rather have them play BU on Friday after watching them stink against ND last night. Actually, they both looked pretty bad.

Comment

Does anyone know where to find Chris Heisenberg's recruiting web page?

Comment

Does anyone know where to find Chris Heisenberg's recruiting web page?
                      http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...0NQeXIJG47g-ug

Comment

thanks for the link!

Comment

Wild sent Sifers down the other day to AHL's Houston Aero's where he is reunited with Uvm defensive partner Ryan Gunderson.

Comment

Looks like with the lineup posted in the UVM Mack thread Sneddon is really trying to build that frosh line for the long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                              Looks like with the lineup posted in the UVM Mack thread Sneddon is really trying to build that frosh line for the long-term.
                              possibly but when Milo returns if everyone is healthy I can see Nilson-Roos getting bumped to very competitive 4th line

going to be a tough one tonight, been to the games in N.Andover the past couple years and MC doesn't go down without a serious fight.

Comment

Not at all surprised by the line-up - only one change from the BC game is Albertson in and Atkinson out

Madore

Vock/Irwin/Stacey
                                Nilsson-Roos/Stalberg/Pacan
                                Downing/Roloff/McCarthy
                                Albertson/Higgins/Marshall

Medvec/Miller
                                Cullity/Burrows
                                MacKenzie/Lawson

5 freshman forwards playing tonight.

I think Milo will knock Albertson to the bench and maybe Roos to the fourth line. Not sure where else to put Milo.

Let's go Cats. Mack makes me nervous.

Comment

Working...
                                X