Yale Hockey 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Hockey 2010

Ok, it's October and less than a month until the bulldogs first exhibition game. What are people's thoughts about the team, new and improved Ingalls Rink and anything else Yale Hockey?

Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Well they return a very solid core from last season which is a good place to start. I believe I read that 90% of the scoring from last season is back, that bodes well for the offensive aspect of the game. Obviously the most important thing we'll see in the next few weeks is who wins the battle to replace Richards. Blase has performed pretty well in net and Rondeau will definitely give him a good battle for that spot. The team also has to make sure they do not let all of these preseason predictions go to their heads. They cannot think they are better than they are but I think Allain will do a good job of keeping the team level headed.

As for Ingalls the few photos look very nice. I really like the new banners they have hung. I am looking forward to November 13, hopefully the product on the ice will match the work done to the building.

Comment

I wish the Bulldogs well except for two nights during the season!

I'm hoping the game we play to end the regular season means something for both of us. The 'Bank will be rockin' that night for sure.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

The Rondeau / Blase battle will be interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Rondeau had a great game last year at Lynah among others. Blase was great during 07-08. I like Rondeau. -We'll see....

I agree with your Allain comment, ES, if you ever needed a coach to keep a team grounded there is none better than Ketih Allain.

I hope Yale Athletics gives Hockey fans the opportunity to tour the new rink when it's completed. I heard the men's and women's locker rooms,as well as, the weight room are unbelieveable.

Mark, best of luck with the Q!

Comment

Yale fans,

Do you have any NHL Draft picks on your roster for this year? If you do, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me who and what team drafted him. Thank you.
          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
            Yale fans,

Do you have any NHL Draft picks on your roster for this year? If you do, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me who and what team drafted him. Thank you.
            collegehockeystats is pretty good at placing the name of the NHL team that has rights to a player (drafted). The 2009/10 roster for Yale does not show any. My information as well suggests that there are none.

Comment

I was happy for CJ Marottolo after seeing he got the job at SHU. Good for him.
              Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ESundy36 View Post
                As for Ingalls the few photos look very nice. I really like the new banners they have hung. I am looking forward to November 13, hopefully the product on the ice will match the work done to the building.
                I like the new banners too. Very tasteful.

Will there be a banner hung for last season's ECAC Championship? I don't recall one ever being made for the 97-98 Regular Season Championship squad.

BTW, I'm glad to hear there will be a new PA system installed at Ingalls. The old one was simply atrocious.
                Last edited by Puckie14; 10-10-2009, 08:25 PM.
                QUINNIPIAC BOBCATS
                MAAC Regular Season Champions: 1999, 2000
                MAAC Tournament Champions: 2002
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2005
                ECAC Hockey Final Four: 2007

Comment

Yale has one first place vote in the new rankings. Must be the first time in history.
                  Yale Hockey

Comment

Remember you have until the puck drops at 7PM on Friday night's Harvard-Dartmouth game to get your picks into my annual ECAC Pick The Standings Contest.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty random considering Yale hasn't played so much as an exhibition game since the original polls came out. Why the sudden optimism from one random voter? Given such arbitrarity and volatility in the polling, I was a little surprised Cornell and Princeton did not slide a little more given their exhibition losses this weekend.
                      MAKE HOBEY PROUD!

"If there really is a hoop heaven, the house band would be Princeton's, troubadours in straw hats who played the theme from "Underdog" late in the Tigers' victory."
                      - Sports Illustrated 3/25/96
                      "We have 7 national championships. Who's ever heard of you guys?"
                      -Drunk NoDak Fan at 2008 Midwest Regional

Comment

Has anyone seen or heard anything about yesterday's scrimmage with Dartmouth?

Could it have sparked someone to vote Yale first?

Comment

The scrimmage final score was 4-1 for Yale.

Comment

Less than 24 hours to get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Standings Contest . 7 PM Friday Knight is the deadline.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Though last night's performance was rather impressive, it raised a few questions:

What happened to Cahill? He is not listed on the roster online or on last night's program. Also, the jersey raffle prize was a jersey with his number, so when did he leave the team?

Where's Dignard? He was listed on the program but not dressed. Is he ready to play or is he still recovering from last season's injury? Or is there another injury?

Who's the number one goalie? I would guess Blase, but Maricic and Rondeau split time last night. Also, the other recruited frosh keeper Malcolm is listed online but not on the program last night. What's his deal?

The continuing renovations are fantastic--the new sound system is miles beyond the previous one. Should be a great season.

Comment

Working...
                              X