Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
    Looking at the numbers, Yale would probably make the NCAAs with a loss Sunday but they simply aren't going to lose to Brown tomorrow.
    Reason #678 why you shouldn't **** off the woofing gods.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahScott View Post
      Reason #678 why you shouldn't **** off the woofing gods.
      Beware of what is coming your way, they play the same game as the Big Red and are doing it with confidence, this coming from a Yale fan. BTW hope you win the whole thing for Yale's NCAA sake.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Attended the game tonight and although very disappointed in the outcome would say that Yale threw everything at Brown and was basically out defensed. Brown clogged every shooting lane, not allowing many clean Yale shots. The Brown goalie made some good saves but never really had to "stand on his head". Most Yale shots were either deflected or challenged. The lone Brown goal (shorthanded) was the result of two Yale players colliding with each other on a rush to the Brown blue line, very strange. Great season from Yale , I hope it continues, if not, good luck to the seniors in the future!
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Don't fret guys. Yale is still a virtual lock for the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Beware of what is coming your way, they play the same game as the Big Red and are doing it with confidence, this coming from a Yale fan. BTW hope you win the whole thing for Yale's NCAA sake.
            Oh, I don't think we'll be underestimating them, especially after seeing them accomplish what we tried (and failed) to do to your squad twice this season. They also gave us a very tough game at Lynah that was much closer than the 5-3 final score indicated.

Comment

Cornell will be sucessful against Brown for two reasons, size & goaltending. Two things that Yale lacked. Good Luck, Big Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
                Cornell will be sucessful against Brown for two reasons, size & goaltending. Two things that Yale lacked. Good Luck, Big Red!!
                Yale didn't lack goaltending this weekend. They gave up 7 goals in 3 games, which is not only way below their own conference gaa (3.27) but also well under Brown's gpg (2.91). They lost because they couldn't find the back of the net when they needed to. Cornell definitely matches up better with Brown than Yale does, but it's not because of Scrivens.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDEli View Post
                  Yale didn't lack goaltending this weekend. They gave up 7 goals in 3 games, which is not only way below their own conference gaa (3.27) but also well under Brown's gpg (2.91). They lost because they couldn't find the back of the net when they needed to. Cornell definitely matches up better with Brown than Yale does, but it's not because of Scrivens.

Do your stats take in to consideration that Brown was playing a neutral zone trap the entire weekend so as soon as they got the lead, they bunkered down and played defensive hockey? They weren't looking to score alot of goals they just wanted to hold the lead. At times there were 4 brown guys 10' in front of their own net in the slot blocking shots.

I don't care what the stats say. Did you see that first goal that Yale gave up on Friday? Brown shot it from the red line. -unacceptable

Last night's goal he was beaten on the SHORT side! -also unacceptable....

Cornell had great goaltending Yale's goaltending is average at best. Scrivens IS the best goalie in the ECAC. Regardless of what the stats say.

Comment

The shorthanded goal last night was awful, stayed too far back in the net and didnt cut down the angle at all. I was actually suprised coach stuck with Blase all weekend.
                    I knew we were going to miss Backman, I dont think I realized just how much we were going to miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
                      Do your stats take in to consideration that Brown was playing a neutral zone trap the entire weekend so as soon as they got the lead, they bunkered down and played defensive hockey? They weren't looking to score alot of goals they just wanted to hold the lead. At times there were 4 brown guys 10' in front of their own net in the slot blocking shots.

I don't care what the stats say. Did you see that first goal that Yale gave up on Friday? Brown shot it from the red line. -unacceptable

Last night's goal he was beaten on the SHORT side! -also unacceptable....

Cornell had great goaltending Yale's goaltending is average at best. Scrivens IS the best goalie in the ECAC. Regardless of what the stats say.
                      I never argued that Scrivens wasn't the best goalie in the ECAC. He is. Nor did i say that Yale got better goaltending than Brown over the course of the 3 games. What I argued was that goaltending didn't cost Yale the series, and it didn't. Yale is a team built around scoring goals, and on Friday and Sunday the team didn't get it done offensively, period. Yale scored 14 goals in 2 regular season games against Brown, and couldn't find a way to get the goals they needed on Friday or Sunday. When you lead the country in scoring offense and then manage 2 on Friday and none on Sunday (against the 11-seed no less), blaming your goaltending is shortsighted. That Brown would trap or try to protect a lead isn't a shock... what's a shock is that they got away with it.

Yes, Blase gave up a couple he wants back, but so did Clemente Saturday night, and I don't think anyone from Brown is complaining about he played.

If I told anyone who knows this team that beforehand that Brown would score 7 goals in 3 games, every single person would have said Yale would win the series...The bottom line is that based on the two teams and their strengths and weaknesses, Blase did enough to win the series and was let down by his offense.

Comment

I know a lot of people here think they actually should root for Cornell to help Yale's chances of making the NCAAs so that one of the other three teams doesn't take away an at-large bid, but Yale as I already said is a virtual lock for the tournament. If you read Jayson Moy's blog, you see how unlikely the scenario is that gets them out.

Yale actually has a better chance of still becoming a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney. And that would require Cornell not winning both games in Albany.

We really won't know where Yale is going until all is said and done. Even if we can pretty much predict the #1 seeds and where Yale will finish in the PWR given certain results, other results will effect other seeds and the no first-round intra-conference matchup rule could come into play. If Yale is a 2 seed it will be the #8 overall most likely, meaning it would be in the #1 overall seeds regional unless as I said teams get flipped. That team will most likely be Denver or Miami. If it's Miami, Yale is in Fort Wayne. If it's Denver, they could go to Albany per the committee's "a flight is a flight rule," meaning Denver would have to fly to St. Paul anyway so make them fly to ALbany because Wisco can drive to St. Paul.

That is all assuming BC remains the last #1 seed. If that becomes either UND or SCSU, Denver will definitely come east.

This is the scenario we want:

BC loses to UVM in Hockey East Semis.
                        Cornell loses to Brown and loses or ties consolation(doesn't matter to who).
                        Northern Michigan beats Ferris State in CCHA semis, then both lose in the consolation/championship to Miami/Michigan.
                        Denver wins at least once in St. Paul.
                        Either North Dakota or SCSU wins at least once in St. Paul.

Really the most unlikely of these things is Cornell losing twice or going 0-1-1. So let's go Brown.
                        Last edited by klumpmypants; 03-16-2010, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Are their any students on here that can shed more light on the whole pool incident?

Comment

Not a student, but, only rumor I have heard is he fell off a diving board into an empty pool.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
                              Are their any students on here that can shed more light on the whole pool incident?
                              Dear Jason;

To use a legal term that I KNOW you will understand, this
                              entire matter is MOOT. Trying to re-circulate a private matter among a
                              cadre of gossip-mongers serves no justifiable purpose. As a future lawyer, I am sure
                              that you will recall from Legal Ethics that we lawyers MUST be able to keep
                              a secret. In my own five-plus decades on the planet, I can think of many things that I've said or done that I wish I had NOT. I am sure that if you reflect back on your own personal history, you can SURELY empathize. So let's move on, and let's ALL wish Sean a speedy recovery. Enjoy your new
                              role as college hockey's Nostradamus, and join us on that last Monday in May
                              on the Old Campus to congratulate Sean on winning the William Neely Mallory
                              Award, and then we can ALL quote from Vergil's Aeneid and say:
                              Forsan et haec, olim memenisse iuvabit.

Comment

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
                                POSSESSION of information doesn't mean that it should be shared.
                                OF course, we all want to know what happened, but Sean's privacy and
                                POTential career must be respected. Once something is reported, it never goes away.

Comment

Working...
                                X