Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Originally posted by bulldog66 View Post
    The Q game was on NESN and they showed plenty of replays of Q's goals. Goalies cheat when they feel they aren't getting help from their D on the backside. 3 of the 4 goals were quick passes behind the goalie to Q players waiting on the doorstep for quick tap ins.

Yale gives up way too many quality opportunities.
    I don't agree with this at all, I think all of the shots were stoppable. Q scored goals on a wraparound, a cross crease pass, one PP on a rush, and a back door play. The wraparound was rediculous, There is no way that should have gone in. I have nothing else to say about that one. The SH goal and the backdoor both were Maricic's fault. He does not use his stick at all This led to both because if his stick was active the passes shouldn't have gotten through. Both passes went through the crease. Also on the SH goal the puck squeezed through Maricic's armpit. I don't want to bring back the past here but I just think that Yale's D hasn't been that bad(with the exception of a few games) Most goals scored are stoppable pucks. Despite Yale's big offense they don't have many chances against them a game.
    Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Peel left Maricic out to dry by not taking the body to the guy behind the net during the wraparound goal, he had position on his man and did not use it. Maricic surely should have been in position to defend the wraparound, but I think he also anticipated Peel taking the goal scorer out. I had a better view of the players behind the net and was extremely PO'ed at Peel after that play, he was also on the ice for the next goal which was a giveaway on Yales part. Yale plays best with a positive forecheck and using speed to stay in the game, they have to stay out of the shootout mentality with Brown, too many goals scored in the last two games against them.

Correct link to backman story with correction,

http://www.yaledailynews.com/sports/...-elis-waiting/
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-CiT...layer_embedded
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Hey Yale fans- tough break on losing backman. Good luck the rest of the way, thats a crappy thing to happen at the most crucial time of the year. He is one helluva player.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Heeeeeeeeeere we come!

Hoping for two or three excellent games with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
              Heeeeeeeeeere we come!

Hoping for two or three excellent games with you guys.
              Forgive me if I hope you have a long ride back to Providence on Saturday night. This should be more fun than the Providence Bears against the New Haven Nighthawks.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Priceless posted this in the "How Early is Too Early" thread:

Yale: Not in the tournament yet. Need to advance to the ECAC semis and win a game to be certain of a spot.

Best of luck this weekend against that Ivy team from Rhode Island.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Priceless posted this in the "How Early is Too Early" thread:

Yale: Not in the tournament yet. Need to advance to the ECAC semis and win a game to be certain of a spot.
                  I only listen to Priceless when it comes to issues regarding weight gain.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Equal time is deserved for you, as I am neutral in your series:

The best thing your coaches can do is to get on RPI-TV and watch how we played Brown. We have similar styles. Don't fall into the same traps if you want to win this series. Granted your team has had success against Brown so you know what works for your team, but they are surging.

Best of luck this weekend.

Comment

Only 2 days left to get your picks in to the ECAC PICK THE PLAYOFFS Round 2. The following Round 1 Participants have not signed in yet

95virago Cornell
                      BigRed Brouhaha Cornell
                      Blamb RPI
                      Brett Gobe Clarkson
                      Brian Sullivan Brown
                      cudmud Union
                      devils6685 Quinnipiac
                      engineerhockeyfan RPI
                      fr joe RPI
                      goldenbriggsy Clarkson
                      GRussinko RPI
                      Halloweenman Princeton
                      hawthr RPI
                      hockeyenthusiast Colgate
                      hockeyplayer1015 SLU
                      licwinko Yale
                      Magoo Colgate
                      Maine-iac Colgate
                      NEWESTBOBCATFAN Quinnipiac
                      Nyhockeyguy RPI
                      oceanst41 Cornell
                      redrocker Yale
                      REDRocket RPI
                      Rjm7272 Colgate
                      Section 22 RPI
                      Skate79 Harvard
                      SLUdave SLU
                      sshablak Colgate
                      Still Crazy in section 17 RPI
                      TchrBill Colgate
                      TheValleyRaider Colgate
                      Union93 Union
                      unionbob Union
                      vicb Clarkson
                      whatcanbrowndo4u Brown
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Press conference w/ Coach Allain tomorrow at 2:30. Who has a question? Don't bother with goalie stuff. I can tell you the answer: "whoever I feel gives us the best chance."

Comment

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
                          Press conference w/ Coach Allain tomorrow at 2:30. Who has a question? Don't bother with goalie stuff. I can tell you the answer: "whoever I feel gives us the best chance."
                          1. In follow-up to 'whoever I feel gives us the best chance', please ask coach:
                          "given that Blase is a senior, undefeated on the season, and with the best save percentage and goals-against average on the team why don't you feel that he gives you the best chance to win?"

2. A secondary question if you can't muster an answer out of Allain regarding the goalie situation would be who will replace Backman and will he be in street clothes on the bench, or will he not be present with the team?
                          -------------
                          Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                            1. In follow-up to 'whoever I feel gives us the best chance', please ask coach:
                            "given that Blase is a senior, undefeated on the season, and with the best save percentage and goals-against average on the team why don't you feel that he gives you the best chance to win?"
                            It would seem like a no brainer.

Being a Blackhawks fan it's kind of like seeing Cristobal Huet continually getting playing time over the much more consistent Antti Niemi....but that's a rant for another day.

Hope Ingalls is rocking for you guys this weekend and try to stay healthy. On and off the ice . Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                              ...... and try to stay healthy. On and off the ice

All I will say is......Agreed.
                              -------------
                              Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

I saw earlier some questions about recruits for next season, so I thought I'd try to give a little update.

Defense
                                As of now it looks like Gus Young of Nobles is only defenseman coming in for next year (they lose two so maybe one mroe will be added?). My two sons are from the Boston area and this kid is well known. Posted a 12-26-38 line in 28 games, the leading scorer in NEPSIHA among D-men. He was named to All-New England team and drafted this past spring by Colorado Avalanche. '91 birth year

Forwards.
                                Brad Peltz from the Boston Junior Bruins is a good prospect. He has posted a 19-15-34 line for the Junior Bruins in 45 games. He was a big prospect in prep school hockey when Yale committed to him playing for Avon Old Farms, but he missed all of last year because of illness (i heard lime disease? but dont quote me.) He was also drafted this past spring by the Ottawa Senators. '89 birth year.

Jesse Root from the Boston Junior Bruins is probably the best forward coming in. He posted a 11-16-27 line in 29 games, but really turned it on towards the end of the year as he also missed most of the first half of the season. In the play-offs right now he has a 3-5-8 line in 2 games, good for first in the EJ. He played at Taft before Yale and was their leading scorer his senior season before playing a year of juniors. '89 birth year.

Clinton Bourbanais is the last forward and player coming in for Yale next year (as of now). He plays for Sioux City in the USHL so I do not know much about him. He has actually only played 5 games for sioux city and had 2 goals and 7 PIMS and -3. Cant look too much into that because it was only 5 games. It says he is now not on Sioux City roster, so I do not know if he was hurt or cut or what? He is from Colchester, CT so maybe some of you guys know more about him than me. '89 Birth year.

Only 4 players coming in seems like a small recruiting class compared to Allain's in the past.

*update, Clinton Bourbanais was placed on 45 day IR in October. According to a forum of Sioux city, he took a bad hit against Team USA in October and has not played since.

Comment

Working...
                                X