Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
    Good analysis and nice edit. See, if RC is so smart he could have just told us all this. My problem with him is he thinks we all know nothing so all he has to say is, "trust me this is what will happen."
    Those who choose to act like a four year old get treated as a four year old. Those who choose to act like adults get treated as adults. It's not a difficult concept for an adult to grasp.

You're apparently the only person here who needs a long-winded answer to everything. Go sit in the corner.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Those who choose to act like a four year old get treated as a four year old. Those who choose to act like adults get treated as adults. It's not a difficult concept for an adult to grasp.

You're apparently the only person here who needs a long-winded answer to everything. Go sit in the corner.
      No one seemed to miss you while you were gone, so why don't you just stay gone. Your posts are meaningless. Burgie's answers were not long-winded. Yours were just completely uninformative. If you want to be an expert, be an expert. Frankly, you argue like a woman, which isn't a bad strategy as long as you only care about winning rather than being correct.

To be treated as an adult is to be given an explanation, not told "trust me, you'll understand when you are older." Maybe you'll understand all this when you're older. Or after you have had a relationship with a woman.

Comment

This Yale board is not a welcomed place for insensible banter and random tossing of insults.

The only place for that at Yale is if you are a member of 'The Yale Precision Marching Band.'

Thus, please either apply to become a member of the band and I'll see you are The Bowl, or move this debate to WCHA forum*.

* I only choose WCHA as the craziest college hockey fight I have ever witnessed in my life occured about 6 years ago (maybe more) between Yale and North Dakota at Ingalls. Was anyone else there for that?
        -------------
        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post

* I only choose WCHA as the craziest college hockey fight I have ever witnessed in my life occured about 6 years ago (maybe more) between Yale and North Dakota at Ingalls. Was anyone else there for that?
          Oh yes. That brawl also included the North Dakota radio guy getting into a shouting match with a fan seated in the row in front of him (presumably while he was still on the air) because said fan overheard and took exception to disparaging comments the radio guy made about the Yale players.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            She mentioned her brother plays hockey for Yale on an NBC studio interview.
            http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ass...g+with+kearney

Comment

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
              Oh yes. That brawl also included the North Dakota radio guy getting into a shouting match with a fan seated in the row in front of him (presumably while he was still on the air) because said fan overheard and took exception to disparaging comments the radio guy made about the Yale players.
              The craziest part of that fight was after about 5 minutes things were settling down and the North Dakota goalie skates up to the blue line and is having some words with one of the Yale players. The Yale player starts to skate away and the North Dakota goalie throws himself backwards acting like he got shoved. The Yale guy turns around and looks at him like 'what the hell are you doing.' Then all of a sudden before the Yale guy can get another thought in, the entire Northa Dakota team is on top of him throwing haymakers. From there it just turned ugly.
              -------------

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                The craziest part of that fight was after about 5 minutes things were settling down and the North Dakota goalie skates up to the blue line and is having some words with one of the Yale players. The Yale player starts to skate away and the North Dakota goalie throws himself backwards acting like he got shoved. The Yale guy turns around and looks at him like 'what the hell are you doing.' Then all of a sudden before the Yale guy can get another thought in, the entire Northa Dakota team is on top of him throwing haymakers. From there it just turned ugly.
                Forgot about that. I believe the Yale player got kicked out, too, because the goalie took that dive. But the brou-ha-ha started when a North Dakota player lost his edge coming around a corner with Chris Higgins, and hit the boards hard. The ND guys thought Higgins threw a cheap shot, and ambushed him. Great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
                  Forgot about that. I believe the Yale player got kicked out, too, because the goalie took that dive. But the brou-ha-ha started when a North Dakota player lost his edge coming around a corner with Chris Higgins, and hit the boards hard. The ND guys thought Higgins threw a cheap shot, and ambushed him. Great fight.
                  Fortunately for Yale their lineup back then was a little bigger than their lineup today.

Unfortunately for Yale, it wasn't that much bigger
                  -------------

Comment

Anyone have the link for the Yale ECAC playoff tix for Ingalls? I saw an order form last week and a notice about in person purchases but cant seem to find the info on the site now. Who's attending games this weekend? I plan to be at both and the QU away game.

I hope Yale makes it back east for the dance I have center ice 10th row for the Worcester regional
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

There are plenty of tickets for the ECAC Playoff series at Ingalls. Call 203 432-1400 to order tickets.

FYI - This Saturday's game versus Clarkson is Youth Day. Kids 14 and under will be admitted free in the GA section. As a part of the festivities, there will be a post game autograph session with the Yale men's hockey team. Pens & posters will be provided. The game starts at 4PM. -spread the word....

Comment

Thanks BD, I will swing by Tompkins tomorrow.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Is this thread always so dead? Points for discussion:

Sean Backman has 74 and needs 14 more goals to break the Yale career record of 87 held by Ding Palmer '30. The modern record is 80 set by Jeff Hamilton, the best college player to ever wear the Yale jersey. Yale will play anywhere from 6-13 more games. Can he break it? And what if it's to win the national title?

Billy Blase is finally getting the time in net he deserves? What took Allain so long? Does anyone know? He's the only goalie that Taylor recruited, does Allain not like him for some reason?

Comment

The goalie rotation is my major concern with Yale going forward. Blase is playing very well and hopefully will play well for the rest of the year as th number one goalie. I have no idea about Allains motives, I just wish he would stick with one guy long enough to create some continuity. If they count post season goals, Backman may have a shot.

New ECAC ticket info from the Yale site below, why don't they just sell the tixs as Series One etc. so they can get the sales going instead of the archaic ordering system now in place?

ECAC TOURNAMENT - We will host one weekend, but not both. The potential dates are below.
                            First round | March 5, 6, 7
                            Quarterfinal series | March 12, 13, 14

We are currently taking orders for the ECAC Tournament series to be played at Ingalls Rink. At this time, we do not know which weekend the best-of-three series will be held. For more information about the format of the ECAC Tournament, please refer to the ECAC Tournament website.

To place an order, please complete this order form or call the Athletics Ticket Office at 203.432.1400. ECAC Tournament tickets will be available online when actual dates are determined.
                            Last edited by LTsatch; 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              The goalie rotation is my major concern with Yale going forward. Blase is playing very well and hopefully will play well for the rest of the year as th number one goalie. I have no idea about Allains motives, I just wish he would stick with one guy long enough to create some continuity.
                              I have no problem with goalie rotations when all parties are pretty equal. I just dont get why he waits until February before he even gives his best option a chance. It's like wait let me watch everyone else try and fail first.

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              New ECAC ticket info from the Yale site
                              ECAC TOURNAMENT - We will host one weekend, but not both. The potential dates are below.
                              First round | March 5, 6, 7
                              Quarterfinal series | March 12, 13, 14
                              No one kid themselves. They are playing the weekend of the 12th. Get your QU tickets for the weekend before if you want to watch 2 weekends of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by yhforlife
                                No one kid themselves. They are playing the weekend of the 12th. Get your QU tickets for the weekend before if you want to watch 2 weekends of hockey.
                                This may be the greatest post I have ever seen. I absolutely love this.

Anyways. Does anyone know what happened to Chris Cahill. He is no longer on the team for some reason. I think that Backman can break Hamilton's record but I would be shocked if he reached the other mark.
                                I still can't believe this is the last home weekend.
                                Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X