Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations to the 2009 AL Central Champion Detroit Tigers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to the 2009 AL Central Champion Detroit Tigers!

Good luck in the playoffs!

Desperate times call for desperate measures....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Re: Congratulations to the 2009 AL Central Champion Detroit Tigers!

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Good luck in the playoffs!

Desperate times call for desperate measures....
    Interesting play.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I would also like to congratulate the Tigers on their fine play over this last series. It was a hard fought matchup but the Tigers proved they are the best. Now off to sweep Chicago and gain momentum.
      Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
        I would also like to congratulate the Tigers on their fine play over this last series. It was a hard fought matchup but the Tigers proved they are the best. Now off to sweep Chicago and gain momentum.
        It's always best to have a lot of momentum before running yourself headlong into a wall.

If Detroit wanted to lose 2 of 3 and the Twins sweep, that'd be aight by me.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          It's always best to have a lot of momentum before running yourself headlong into a wall.

If Detroit wanted to lose 2 of 3 and the Twins sweep, that'd be aight by me.
          This thread reminds me of the ding-dong the Wings are dead thread from 2002, except in reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            This thread reminds me of the ding-dong the Wings are dead thread from 2002, except in reverse.
            No way! This is intended as a heartfelt congratulatory thread.

Comment

Yup, the Tigers have it wrapped up. The Twins have no chance. No chance whatsoever.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I was a My Name is Earl fan and I was a loyal Jungle listener for a while, so I have at least a remedial understanding of Karma. I'd like to see the Twins pull it off, but I'm not sure it works when you are purposely trying to create bad Karma. I think it only works when it is a fan of the actual team who is counting their money while still at the table.
                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

GE is getting senile - I for one don't have any desire to watch the Twins get biotch-slapped by the Yankmees again.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                    I was a My Name is Earl fan and I was a loyal Jungle listener for a while, so I have at least a remedial understanding of Karma. I'd like to see the Twins pull it off, but I'm not sure it works when you are purposely trying to create bad Karma. I think it only works when it is a fan of the actual team who is counting their money while still at the table.
                    Well if it works, Greyeagle gets all the credit and if it fails miserably then gets all the blame.
                    Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Rumor has it the tigers are on the front page of SI.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        GE is getting senile
                        Getting? Try to pay attention, Sparky.
                        Originally posted by Larch View Post
                        Well if it works, Greyeagle gets all the credit and if it fails miserably then gets all the blame.
                        I take the credit for a win but the Twins take the blame for a lost opportunity. It's a no lose situation for the 'ole senile 'eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          GE is getting senile - I for one don't have any desire to watch the Twins get biotch-slapped by the Yankmees again.
                          Better watching our guys vs. the Tiggers.

But alas, Congrats to the Tigers!

Comment

Serious question though:

Assuming the AL Central winner faces off against the AL East (Yankees), do you really want to see the Twins exit in the first round or get eliminated and watch the Tigers get eliminated in the first round?

I don't see the AL Central getting past the first round either way so... does it really matter if it is the Twins or the Tigers?

It's kind of like the Cubs post season... we race through the regular season just to see which first round matchup will knock us out of contention.
                            Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                              Serious question though:

Assuming the AL Central winner faces off against the AL East (Yankees), do you really want to see the Twins exit in the first round or get eliminated and watch the Tigers get eliminated in the first round?

I don't see the AL Central getting past the first round either way so... does it really matter if it is the Twins or the Tigers?

It's kind of like the Cubs post season... we race through the regular season just to see which first round matchup will knock us out of contention.
                              Making the playoffs could help Mauer win the MVP. And you never know...if the Twins bats get hot, weirder things have happened.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                              X