Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Great win, wish I could have been there (Three papers due the day after the Super Bowl...****ed up). Sounds like another solid outing by Rawlings. Good to see the Daniels Brothers continuing to produce.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Nice weekend, now the 5-8th placed teams are all tied for games played and more or less tied (we're one point behind them). Hopefully we can keep playing the way we have the last few games.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Hey - do any of you know how much Northeastern group tickets cost?
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Not sure, but just in case nobody else can give you an answer, try giving the ticket office a call.

From Gonu.com:
          Group Ticketing: Group rate prices are available for all athletic events for any party of 15 or more, but group tickets must be purchased at least 48 hours prior to the start of the game. For group reservations contact the NU Ticket Center at 617-373-4700.
          On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Do we rest Rawlings for today's gm against Harvard? Does the result matter? We have a 2 gm series against UMass this wknd in which i think we'll need him both gms. We need 4 pts.. but likely i see us splitting. Especially the Fri gm over at Mullins..they got blown out by BC there last wk. They'll be hoping not to repeat. I think Rawlings could be the difference over the wknd, if we have any chance for 4 pts.

If Rawlings does play today.. it'll be 3 gms in 6 days for him. Just my opinion, start Bryan Mountain tonight. Cronin is 1-2 against HU, hopefully we can grind out a 'W' tonight without relying too much on who's in goal. Our 'D' has been solid lately. It will not be easy for sure..Harvard does not want to be embarrased twice at the Garden. They had themselves a good victory over Brown but not without controversy. They're having discipline problems of their own.

Anyway, i say.. start Mountain tonight.. rest Rawlings for the weekend. What say you, Husky fans? Prediction: A very close gm tonight. Go team
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              Do we rest Rawlings for today's gm against Harvard? Does the result matter? We have a 2 gm series against UMass this wknd in which i think we'll need him both gms. We need 4 pts.. but likely i see us splitting. Especially the Fri gm over at Mullins..they got blown out by BC there last wk. They'll be hoping not to repeat. I think Rawlings could be the difference over the wknd, if we have any chance for 4 pts.

If Rawlings does play today.. it'll be 3 gms in 6 days for him. Just my opinion, start Bryan Mountain tonight. Cronin is 1-2 against HU, hopefully we can grind out a 'W' tonight without relying too much on who's in goal. Our 'D' has been solid lately. It will not be easy for sure..Harvard does not want to be embarrased twice at the Garden. They had themselves a good victory over Brown but not without controversy. They're having discipline problems of their own.

Anyway, i say.. start Mountain tonight.. rest Rawlings for the weekend. What say you, Husky fans? Prediction: A very close gm tonight. Go team
              I wouldn't be surprised if Harvard used their backup goalie as well, I think they did it in the game against BC. Beating Harvard isn't too important right now, getting Hockey east point is

Comment

I'm on board with this - starting Mountain seems like a good idea. They really have nothing to gain by wearing out Rawlings, as a win against Harvard won't help them much, if at all, in RPI (considering they need to win-out to be close to an NCAA consideration, anyway). I'd rather him be fresh for league games.

If we do start Mountain and it does in fact end up being a close game like you've predicted, I hope it's a high-scoring one. This offense needs to keep producing. They're going to have a hell of a time against the likes of BC, UNH, Umass and BU the rest of this season if they revert back to their 1-2 goal/night production.

Of course, I'd still prefer to give Harvard their second 6-0 loss in a week's time.
                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

definitely, this weekend is important. A couple wins for us and a couple losses for BU, Lowell, or UVM, and we could be looking quite a bit better than we were two weeks ago in the standings. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Resting Rawlings tonight is a win-win... Mountain would only benefit from the "big stage."

Sure, let's go for third place in the Beanpot, but we need to focus on some big points this weekend!
                  Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                    That has not been a low bar this year. Merrimack has been fantastic on home ice, in case you haven't been paying attention.
                    im not talking about winning the game, its always great to take 2 points from a team near you in the standings on there home rink.

im talking about "taking over their rink" it's merrimack their student section is 40 strong and most of those 40 sit the whole game without chanting. congratulating yourself on being louder than them is quite the low bar.

Comment

Deuce.. i don't think the intention of Husky fans was to take over their rink.. i think the intention was to drive up an hour or so on a Fri eve.. & hopefuly take away any home advantage the Warriors had built up this season.. with their 9-1 home mark back then. Which, btw.. included wins over your team & several other strong teams such as UNH, BC etc.

The fans travel to support their team. The team (our team), played well.. & handily won that night. Whether or not the fans had a role in it.. who knows? But certainly telling NU fans that traveling up to support their club (in whatever arena).. being a low bar... why?

On the contrary.. i think its tougher to get the fans to go to places like Merrimack. They're more likely to travel within the city or where larger rivalies exist. I thik the fact that the fans showed up for Merrimack.. which is not near Boston.. was just that.. to support their team in Hockey East play after a tough loss. Whether or not Merrimack fans sit on their a## has nothing to do with it. And when it comes to setting the bar (far as fan support).. i think you can find a lot other names.. before you pick on NU fans, in their own thread.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Anyhow... Harvard defense will be a bit lighter tonight..

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...dedbyECAC.html
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Deuce.. i don't think the intention of Husky fans was to take over their rink.. i think the intention was to drive up an hour or so on a Fri eve.. & hopefuly take away any home advantage the Warriors had built up this season.. with their 9-1 home mark back then. Which, btw.. included wins over your team & several other strong teams such as UNH, BC etc.

The fans travel to support their team. The team (our team), played well.. & handily won that night. Whether or not the fans had a role in it.. who knows? But certainly telling NU fans that traveling up to support their club (in whatever arena).. being a low bar... why?

On the contrary.. i think its tougher to get the fans to go to places like Merrimack. They're more likely to travel within the city or where larger rivalies exist. I thik the fact that the fans showed up for Merrimack.. which is not near Boston.. was just that.. to support their team in Hockey East play after a tough loss. Whether or not Merrimack fans sit on their a## has nothing to do with it. And when it comes to setting the bar (far as fan support).. i think you can find a lot other names.. before you pick on NU fans, in their own thread.
                          i agree with most of the claims you make in that post, but you completely misinterpreted my point which was not telling fans to not support the team and stay home, but that fans who have this attitude:

Originally posted by choog View Post
                          If anyone ever questioned the fact that we have the best **** fans around, just look at this... We've taken over the rink, so whatever home advantage 'Mack had to win all their games here has vanished. This is our house now!

Go Huskies... Never been prouder to be an NU fan.
                          are setting the bar idiotically low.

traveling to support your team is not a low bar, but going to merrimack and being louder than the home fans and saying that is your proudest day as an nu fan is an extremely low bar

my only other large disagreement with your post is that its hard to go to mc, it's probably tied with uml as the 3rd easiest away rink for nu fans to get to as it is a shorter drive, but slightly harder to take public transportation to than tsongas.

Comment

listening to beanpot consolation game on wrbb. the announcer just called the puck the ball... they honestly can't get someone who knows that they're talking about?
                            Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Well... Mr Rawling's got his groove going & i guess.. more power to him and the team. I sincerely did not expect him to start.

Coach Cronin (& Rawlings himself), believe he could do it & that's what counts. Great job by the Captain (McNeely) netting 2 goals as well. Honestly, if Mountain was in net, i expected a close gm... this wasn't nearly. Well played team.

sidenote: I think Donato over at Harvard is in a tough spot going forward. If his contract is nearing, i don't think they'll renew it. All the best Crimson.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Thought the slow/fast cheers yesterday during the consolation game were awesome, glad to see you all know how to have a good time.
                                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X