Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

..touchdown Huskers
    (c'mon Dartmouth statisticians)..

GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Dear Offense,

Welcome back. Please don't leave.

Comment

pretty bummed i got snowed in and missed this display of offense, hope it stays, if it doesnt this game means nothing. also nice to see a great bounce back game from rawlings. nothing to complain about, let's see how we play lowell today given that we play them in less than a week when it counts.
        Arenas Attended
        Matthews Arena
        Agganis Arena
        Tsongas Arena
        Lawler Arena
        Schneider Arena
        Mullins Center
        TD Banknorth Garden
        Conte Forum
        Whittemore Center
        Gutterson Fieldhouse
        Alfond Arena
        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Well, if nothing else, maybe this tournament can serve as a springboard for the back half of the season. I have to say, I was a little surprised with the win over Lowell, but I wish I could have seen it in person. Seems like the kind of game we're going to have to win a few times over the next couple of months in the stretch run.

Now we get to follow this up with two televised home games next weekend...I'm just hoping that enough of the student body has migrated back to campus for Saturday night to make a strong showing.

Comment

Congrats team..

Nice way to end the holidays & start the New Yr.

I am happy for Rawlings & all other freshman especially. Tuckerman skated very well all wknd as well. McNeely skated more disciplined. Hopefully this momentum carries into a tough Hockey East wknd with back to back games. Both televised.. Sat (NESN), Sun (ESPN U). Both at home.. let's get Matthews rockin for the new yr..

Again, nice job Coaches & team. Now practice hard all week!
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
              Well, if nothing else, maybe this tournament can serve as a springboard for the back half of the season. I have to say, I was a little surprised with the win over Lowell, but I wish I could have seen it in person. Seems like the kind of game we're going to have to win a few times over the next couple of months in the stretch run.

Now we get to follow this up with two televised home games next weekend...I'm just hoping that enough of the student body has migrated back to campus for Saturday night to make a strong showing.
              Im just excited at the prospect of seeing Melrose's mullet
              Arenas Attended
              Matthews Arena
              Agganis Arena
              Tsongas Arena
              Lawler Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Mullins Center
              TD Banknorth Garden
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Alfond Arena
              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                Im just excited at the prospect of seeing Melrose's mullet
                I'm trying to find a mullet wig that I can borrow from someone for the game. Everybody should do the same.
                Go Huskies!

Comment

2 huge games this weekend to pick up some HE points at home and build some momentum after our tournament win. It was good to see Rawlings back from his head injury playing spectacular. It will be a hard feat to beat Lowell twice in a row, Rawlings need to play well again because their defense and goaltending is superb. However, if we can get a win Saturday night I will feel excellent going into Sunday because UMass is really sliding and we are starting to pick up steam.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                    2 huge games this weekend to pick up some HE points at home and build some momentum after our tournament win. It was good to see Rawlings back from his head injury playing spectacular. It will be a hard feat to beat Lowell twice in a row, Rawlings need to play well again because their defense and goaltending is superb. However, if we can get a win Saturday night I will feel excellent going into Sunday because UMass is really sliding and we are starting to pick up steam.
                    Im going to go out on a limb and say that beating UML again, will turn the season around for NU and it would give them enough momentum to get home ice. Im also going to say we dont beat UML again.

Comment

..both televised gms (1/9 NESN, 1/10 ESPNU)... (big media wknd not withstanding), NU has to skate complete 60 minutes tonight.

Lowell will be looking for payback from the Hanover loss. Last night, they were up 2-0 to UNH before the Wildcats forced the tie..

Let's go out there & earn the 2 points tonight first. Sunday's gm is far away for now.. here's hoping for a good home crowd as well. Go Huskies!!!
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Sigh....this goes without saying, but last night's finish was brutal. We had all the momentum in the world going into OT, and yet you could smell that UML goal coming about 30 seconds before it happened the way they were attacking our zone.

For the record, it smelled awful.

In the "Positives" column: they never quit, they played relatively disciplined, capitalized on a gift-wrapped third period by Lowell, and the offense stuck around for another weekend.

In the "Negatives": horrible defensive breakdown to lose the game, Rawlings had a few softies get by him, and we wasted a chance to grab some momentum going into the stretch run.

Comment

I agree with your points kcnuloyal.. that is a tough way to lose the gm, but we now have offense 2 out of 3 gms & that's a great thing to have 2nd half of season. Lowell is a very good team & they showed how well they skated the first 2 periods..

Even with that heartbreaking loss, i thought the team really skated well in the 3rd & OT.. Being down 5-2 with 7 odd minutes.. i thought the better team would win. I still think the better team won last night, but we weren't that far off.

Rawlings would surely like to get 2 of those back, i thought the clear breakaway we had should have been buried. So goes the tape.. someone had to lose.

I loved Cronin's aggresiveness in the last 2 mins of regulation.. he was trying having the team go for the W in regulation itself. Even in OT, with 30 odd ticks left, he sent 3 or 4 to the net for the W instead of having them skate around in circles for the tie. Like you said kcnu.. the downside of that approach is, if puck squirts out the other way.. its bye bye.. which s what happened. I still liked that mindset. You don't skate to tie..

Lots of positive from this one (least for this fan). They looked awful first 2 periods.. they looked spectacular last 2 (inc OT)...

Go Huskies.. earn your 2 pts tonight & don't look back!
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            I agree with your points kcnuloyal.. that is a tough way to lose the gm, but we now have offense 2 out of 3 gms & that's a great thing to have 2nd half of season. Lowell is a very good team & they showed how well they skated the first 2 periods..

Even with that heartbreaking loss, i thought the team really skated well in the 3rd & OT.. Being down 5-2 with 7 odd minutes.. i thought the better team would win. I still think the better team won last night, but we weren't that far off.

Rawlings would surely like to get 2 of those back, i thought the clear breakaway we had should have been buried. So goes the tape.. someone had to lose.

I loved Cronin's aggresiveness in the last 2 mins of regulation.. he was trying having the team go for the W in regulation itself. Even in OT, with 30 odd ticks left, he sent 3 or 4 to the net for the W instead of having them skate around in circles for the tie. Like you said kcnu.. the downside of that approach is, if puck squirts out the other way.. its bye bye.. which s what happened. I still liked that mindset. You don't skate to tie..

Lots of positive from this one (least for this fan). They looked awful first 2 periods.. they looked spectacular last 2 (inc OT)...

Go Huskies.. earn your 2 pts tonight & don't look back!

Agreed...I love Cronin's aggressive approach too. One bounce in our favor and we're talking about this game being a season-changer. Instead, they just have to dig a little deeper and salvage the two points this weekend on a big stage.

By the way, the evolution of Jake Newton is really fun to watch this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
                              By the way, the evolution of Jake Newton is really fun to watch this year.
                              QFT. He sure as heck doesn't play like a freshman d-man! I actually started saying that a few weeks before the break.

Looking forward to the game tonight. I know they lost, but let's hope they can take some good vibes from that comeback into tonight.
                              Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                              -dggoddard

Comment

Was that really Barry Melrose I heard doing color on the NU/UMass game?

Comment

Working...
                                X