Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    ..you know, we could still have 2 goaltenders play in the gm tomorrow..

.. hope it does not come to that
    Yeah, I can only think of BAD reasons why that would happen, so lets hope not!

I still have a tough time getting used to these single game weekends.
    Last edited by JW Tigers; 12-11-2009, 09:58 PM.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
      Yeah, I can only think of BAD reasons why that would happen, so lets hope not!
      Well...looks like you called it...
      Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        ..you know, we could still have 2 goaltenders play in the gm tomorrow..

.. hope it does not come to that
        Well.. have a safe holiday everyone.. regardless.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Guh, I can take losing to a better team while being outplayed, but we are shooting ourselves in the foot. I hope Cro sits Wade
          Arenas Attended
          Matthews Arena
          Agganis Arena
          Tsongas Arena
          Lawler Arena
          Schneider Arena
          Mullins Center
          TD Banknorth Garden
          Conte Forum
          Whittemore Center
          Gutterson Fieldhouse
          Alfond Arena
          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUHuskies View Post
            Well...looks like you called it...
            Son of a *****!

My bad. You guys can pin this loss on me.
            Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
            -dggoddard

Comment

Son of a *****!

I'll choose to pin it on Wade's boneheaded penalty. And all the other UPPERCLASSMEN that committed boneheaded penalties.
              Arenas Attended
              Matthews Arena
              Agganis Arena
              Tsongas Arena
              Lawler Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Mullins Center
              TD Banknorth Garden
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Alfond Arena
              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Son of a *****!

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

I didn't even get to listen to the game (gotta love Saturday night schoolwork), but from what I hear it wasn't pretty. NU really needs to stop taking stupid penalties...it's lost us plenty of games both this year and last. Especially when the other team is lighting it up on the power play. The PK unit shouldn't be giving up 4 goals in a game either, no matter how many times they're out there. And 6 isn't all that much.

If there are any positives from tonight, we finally scored on the power play again. And Maine has some pretty nice new jerseys (friend sent a pic).
                Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Looks like HE is starting to get some separation with UNH, BC and Maine up top and PC and BU at the bottom. Us and The Mack not too much farther ahead. I'd like to think we'll make the playoffs at least. If BU doesn't, it will make the season for me regardless of where we end up.

I'm going to try and make the tournament up in Hanover to start the year out. Nice town to hang out in for a day assuming it isn't -10 degrees outside.

Comment

At the end of the game the boys at wrbb brought up an interesting question: was last year the fluke or is it going to be this year?

Last night was preffy terrible. Don't know what else to take away from it.
                    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                      At the end of the game the boys at wrbb brought up an interesting question: was last year the fluke or is it going to be this year?

Last night was preffy terrible. Don't know what else to take away from it.
                      Eh, I don't think it's that simple. Last year everything came together perfectly and we had the best goalie in the country, but I hesitate to call it 'flukey' just as this year isn't 'flukey'. We're a young team with a lot of talent and a promising recruiting class coming in next year. We're rebuilding after losing a lot last year. I'm optimistic for the next few years, but this year is going to be inconsistent, it's the nature of a young team with two rookie goalies.

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                        I'd like to think we'll make the playoffs at least. If BU doesn't, it will make the season for me regardless of where we end up.
                        QFH

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
                          Eh, I don't think it's that simple. Last year everything came together perfectly and we had the best goalie in the country, but I hesitate to call it 'flukey' just as this year isn't 'flukey'. We're a young team with a lot of talent and a promising recruiting class coming in next year. We're rebuilding after losing a lot last year. I'm optimistic for the next few years, but this year is going to be inconsistent, it's the nature of a young team with two rookie goalies.

It is what it is.
                          I've had thoughts about the next few years too, but for some reason I haven't heard many other comments about it...

We could very well have a powerhouse team with all this young talent to work with....
                          Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

I've had thoughts about the next few years too, but for some reason I haven't heard many other comments about it...

We could very well have a powerhouse team with all this young talent to work with....
                            Check out the "Northeastern Recruits" thread.

Comment

Not if these young skilled recruits take penalties like their upperclassmen.

Edit:

Vermy went down with what sounded like a hand injury, anyone have any news on that?
                              Last edited by NUMcNeely; 12-13-2009, 04:06 PM.
                              Arenas Attended
                              Matthews Arena
                              Agganis Arena
                              Tsongas Arena
                              Lawler Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              TD Banknorth Garden
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Alfond Arena
                              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                                If BU doesn't, it will make the season for me regardless of where we end up.
                                I've been following NU hockey for fifteen years now, and not once in that time have we finished ahead of BU in the standings. If we can do that, it will make NU's season for me. (I need a little more than that to make ND's season for me. )
                                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Working...
                                X