Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
    i dont think he would be illegible for a medical redshirt as I believe he has played in too many games, i know it's a percentage thing, as in you cannot play in, say 10% of your team's games and still get a medical redshirt. Guzior has played in 5 games, muench played in 8 and got a medical redshirt, but we played a lot of games last year given the 3 game quarterfinals series and the ncaa tourney. anyone know the percent?
    its 20% I believe (at least was...) so I think he should be okay if they wanted to go that route and it's severe enough...
    MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

The red shirt question is nice, but why would Guizor want to come for another year? Where would he play? We already have two dmen coming in next year Cronin is going to want to play, plus all the guys coming back. He could not break into the foward ranks last season, or this season, and chances would be small for next season too. I dont know the kid personally, but I would be surprised if he was back next year. Might be time to move on to the minors if he wants to continue playing, playing time here is going to be really tough to get for him.

Right now the main issue is getting some consistency with the lineup and especially with the fowards who did NOTHING this weekend. Was McLaughlin in the lineup this weekend? I did not notice him on the ice. If you take Justin Daniels and Drew Daniels, Chris Donovan, Greg Costa and combine their shot totals for the weekend you come up with a total of ONE.

I know some major guys are hurt, and the flu seems to be slowly making its way through the team, but some guys need to step up here until the reinforcements come back into the lineup.
      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

McLaughlin did play...but you're right, he didn't do much. I'd like to see him paired back up with Tuckerman, those two seemed to have GREAT chemistry last Feb and March and neither one has showed much thus far this year.

Costa gets a pass from me....he was HUGE on the PK against bu.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
          McLaughlin did play...but you're right, he didn't do much. I'd like to see him paired back up with Tuckerman, those two seemed to have GREAT chemistry last Feb and March and neither one has showed much thus far this year.

Costa gets a pass from me....he was HUGE on the PK against bu.

Right on with both Tuck and McLaughlin...I keep waiting for Tuckerman to bust out and show us some of that skill, but he's just been ordinary. A little bit disappointing, from the kid that I think Cronin described last year as possibly the most talented on the team.

Comment

I wish Chris Donovan had a bit more size. The kid is lightning fast & always seems to get a partial breakaway or somehow manage to be in front of goal.. then quickly that is neutralized due a larger d-man/ oversized player just brushing him aside. He has Gionta's speed.. but he's no Brian Gionta. I do love his hustle & loved his goal against Colorado Coll.. hopefully he'll get to light it up again.. he works hard.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
              i dont think he would be illegible for a medical redshirt as I believe he has played in too many games, i know it's a percentage thing, as in you cannot play in, say 10% of your team's games and still get a medical redshirt. Guzior has played in 5 games, muench played in 8 and got a medical redshirt, but we played a lot of games last year given the 3 game quarterfinals series and the ncaa tourney. anyone know the percent?

edit: by doing some simple math on my own, muench played in 19.5% of his games, so if we play 40 games this year (1 less than last year) guzior will have played in 12.5% of his games, so he should be fine if I'm correct in saying that it has to do with the % of games you play in before sustaining an injury.
              The cutoff for a hardship waiver is 30% of the team's games, and if I remember right, they round the 30% up. Assuming 34 regular season games and adding 1 to account for playoffs, 0.3*35 is 10.5, so I would assume that the cutoff is 11 games.
              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                The cutoff for a hardship waiver is 30% of the team's games, and if I remember right, they round the 30% up. Assuming 34 regular season games and adding 1 to account for playoffs, 0.3*35 is 10.5, so I would assume that the cutoff is 11 games.
                When we discussed this last year (re: Muench) I believe the cutoff was 20% and Muench fit. Regardless, if Muench got one last year playing in 8 games, Guzior would be eligble this year having played 5.

The bigger question is, does he WANT to come back (depending on how he's lined up for graduation, if he thinks he has minor league prospects, what he'd be getting as far as playing time in 2010-11, etc) and to a lesser degree, does the coaching staff want him back (or would they rather free up his scholarship...assuming he gets one or part of one, they may need it for one of the new recruits). It's easy with a soph like Quailer or Muench....they had them pencilled in for another 2 years anyway...but would they have a spot for Guzior? I'd think they would...but you never know what Cronin might have in mind.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

CHILL, Where teammates we F around all the time, cummon guys seriously remember when you where in college you never *** around with your buddy? I told him you guys gave a crap more than him.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Hah as long as he knows....

He's famous now... ;-)
                    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Lol I wouldn't say that yet.. if I go to Boston randomly walk down the street and ask someone do you know Chris Rawlings they would be like r u high? Evry one knew thiess he was the man but ya chris knows

Comment

I'm just saying that after last year, we're pretty quick to jump on the Chris Rawlings train.

All aboard?

GO NU

Comment

True true I want to see him in the
                          big game (I know he shut out BU) but the beanpot or HE playoffs and see him be successful something Thiessen couldn't do, than I think everyone will be aboard the bandwaggon for the next season

Comment

Sounds good to me...

Looks like he's been feeding off the home ice energy... getting better each and every time we see him play... From the game against BU I'd say he performs well under pressure. We'll just have to wait and see how the rest of the season turns out.

GO NU

Comment

Exactly, he made some
                              great great saves vs BU to basically win us the game but then we go to BC and.... I'm hoping it was because he was a little fatigued and ur right the season's still early we'll see

Comment

Well I really wouldn't blame him against BC. He wasn't *incredible* like he was Friday, but he held his own...

Sounded to me like a rough patch of illness and injury, mixed in with big back-to-back games resulted in that 1-5 game.

Having said that, you probably know way more about what happened then than I do, so.....

GO NU

Comment

Working...
                                X