Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

For all of the UNH fans; Old Dog House favorite JVR had a goal against Buffalo last night and now has 14 points on the season. He had only 40 points all of last year (17-23-40).
    My pick for NHL rookie of the year.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Anyone know the status on Tyler McNeely, Jim Driscoll and Randy Guzior. I didn't realized McNeely and Driscoll got hurt friday... then what happened to Guzior? Time predicted out?
      2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion

Comment

Video: BC-Northeastern Postgame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0922jdyF3E

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by Stompey5 View Post
          Anyone know the status on Tyler McNeely, Jim Driscoll and Randy Guzior. I didn't realized McNeely and Driscoll got hurt friday... then what happened to Guzior? Time predicted out?
          I didn't realize it, either. Driscoll being out certainly explains part of the PK issue last night...he may be the Huskies' best penalty killer.

Hope these guys are all okay and back in the lineup quickly!
          Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
          -dggoddard

Comment

McNeely was out on Friday for most of the game as well, Cronin declined to elaborate on why. Hewkin was injured during Friday's game, and Guzior went down during Saturday's game.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

I'd like to think Driscoll just caught the flu that's going around. He wasn't injured (at least not noticeably) against BU, so the flu has to be our best guess. We missed him greatly last night. Also, no Muench this weekend, por que? I didn't even notice he didn't play until a friend mentioned it. I'm so used to not seeing him play his absences aren't conspicuous at all. Anyone know what the deal is?

Comment

...That list was compound on Saturday when Randy Guzior sustained an injury early in the period that coach Greg Cronin alluded might take quite some time for the senior to recover.
                ...ouch
                Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Driscoll blocked a shot with his hand in the waning moments of the bu win. I suspect that he'll be out for at least a couple of weeks. We finished with four D's, three of which are freshmen. They won't be frosh for long!

Comment

Driscoll blocked a shot with his hand in the BU game.

Mini-gallery from last night's game - http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...-out-of-three/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                      For all of the UNH fans; Old Dog House favorite JVR had a goal against Buffalo last night and now has 14 points on the season. He had only 40 points all of last year (17-23-40).
                      My pick for NHL rookie of the year.
                      Yeah, with Gagne out he is playing on their first line. I would pick him up in fantasy hockey but my Doghouse dignity is more important than winning to me
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Cronin appears to have used the two week break productively. New recruit, Mitch MacMillan, (another Mac from the real B.C.), looks like serious help for the offense. Excellent reputation. Presently leading the league in goals (19) and PPGoals (11) in 21 games.
                        http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=328982
                        Last edited by Ryecheers; 11-08-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                          Cronin appears to have used the two week break productively. New recruit, Mitch MacMillan, (another Mac from the real B.C.), looks like serious help for the offense. Excellent reputation in the league.
                          http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/roster...layerID=328982
                          Link busted.
                          Matthews Arena:
                          Originally posted by UMLGoon
                          "you know a team's awful when the main selling point, even to its own fans, is 'our rink predates electricity'"

Comment

Good ol' Google....

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/roster...&teamID=224088
                            Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                              Cronin appears to have used the two week break productively. New recruit, Mitch MacMillan, (another Mac from the real B.C.), looks like serious help for the offense. Excellent reputation. Presently leading the league in goals (19) and PPGoals (11) in 21 games.
                              http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=328982
                              Forget Mitch we need immediate D help. Hope coach makes a call to Alberta
                              and gets Dan Nycholat next semester. If, as I fear, Randy Guzior is gone for the year can he Red Shirt? No Muench, no Driscoll , no Nycholat, no Maley. Who will be the next forward to play D. My pick would be Matt Lipinski.
                              Matt has size speed and he is smart.
                              Black Bears defeated the rat terriers 3-2!
                              Last edited by roma; 11-08-2009, 07:55 PM. Reason: none

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                                Forget Mitch we need immediate D help. Hope coach makes a call to Alberta
                                and gets Dan Nycholat next semester. If, as I fear, Randy Guzior is gone for the year can he Red Shirt? No Muench, no Driscoll , no Nycholat, no Maley. Who will be the next forward to play D. My pick would be Matt Lipinski.
                                Matt has size speed and he is smart.
                                Black Bears defeated the rat terriers 3-2!
                                i dont think he would be illegible for a medical redshirt as I believe he has played in too many games, i know it's a percentage thing, as in you cannot play in, say 10% of your team's games and still get a medical redshirt. Guzior has played in 5 games, muench played in 8 and got a medical redshirt, but we played a lot of games last year given the 3 game quarterfinals series and the ncaa tourney. anyone know the percent?

edit: by doing some simple math on my own, muench played in 19.5% of his games, so if we play 40 games this year (1 less than last year) guzior will have played in 12.5% of his games, so he should be fine if I'm correct in saying that it has to do with the % of games you play in before sustaining an injury.
                                Last edited by NUMcNeely; 11-08-2009, 10:45 PM.
                                Arenas Attended
                                Matthews Arena
                                Agganis Arena
                                Tsongas Arena
                                Lawler Arena
                                Schneider Arena
                                Mullins Center
                                TD Banknorth Garden
                                Conte Forum
                                Whittemore Center
                                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                                Alfond Arena