Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

I posted this accidentally in the NU/BU gm thread, but corrected/deleted there..its more appropriate here..

This will not be a tie gm like the previous two times these 2 met.. close gm, but i do not forsee a tie.. (on another note..where's our BC gm thread?)..

Student tix info (pickup today)...

http://gonu.com/mhockey/
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Anyone else notice on the game notes http://www.gonu.com/mhockey/2010/notes.pdf they have NU's logo as the one from the 3rd jersey?
      2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Stompey5 View Post
        Anyone else notice on the game notes http://www.gonu.com/mhockey/2010/notes.pdf they have NU's logo as the one from the 3rd jersey?
        Interesting...I know we wore the alternates for both away games last weekend, which is nice because they make a pretty sweet away jersey. Seems like they are trying to work that logo into the mix more. No complaints here.

Comment

Its not this..

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dy...le_23011_2.jpg

so we're good
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            Oh god...thanks for the instant headache.

Comment

...just don't walk down a staircase right after
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ...just don't walk down a staircase right after

Too late...room's spinnin' real fast.

Comment

Expected a wait to pick up tickets today but not an hour and a half wait. Good for the freshman I guess...hopefully they will be as excited for the game as they were to get tickets
                  Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 11-04-2009, 01:19 PM.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                    Expected a wait to pick up tickets today but not an hour and a half wait. Good for the freshman I guess...hopefully they will be as excited for the game as they were to get tickets

any word on how many are left?
                    Black Bear by birth

Husky by choice

Comment

not too many. they said they would hold 500 for friday at the arena. it also looked like they were going to give out wristbands to people who were in line but weren't able to get tickets today.
                      Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

I was impressed with NU Athletics' responsiveness regarding the 'I'm on co-op and didn't have a shot to get tix' situation. Evidently they sent out e-mails yesterday explaining that 100 or so tickets would be distributed to co-op students last night. They need to make that a regular part of ticket distribution, otherwise those of us on co-op are SOL.

Comment

I've been thinking about the game tonight the entire ride home, and I just kept repeating the same word to myself over and over: wow. The energy in Matthews was absolutely ridiculous.
                          On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

CHRIS F*&^ING RAWLINGS!!!!

Comment

In what might be the greatest college hockey game I have ever seen and I have seen hundreds. NU beat BU 1 to 0, before a sold out Matthews crowd of nearly 5180. Chris Rawlings 6 foot 5 inch Jolly Green Giant of freshman goalie from the BCHL made 43 of the greatest save I have ever seen. Came close to be thrown out in front of my kids and ex wife. So much fun! I have never seen a performance like this in 25 years of games at NU. The last 4:11 BU plays a man up because of the biggest "***" call I have ever seen. My season tix 1/2 pack package did not include this game so I had seats right behind the BU bench and I heckled those "losers" like they have never been heckled. All those useless Rich Long Island "NHL" draft picks couldn't get one bye a farm boy from British Columbia who wasn't even drafted. Hah ha! RAWLINGS WAS ON FIRE.
                              Shots from the, left circle, right circle shots from in the crease. It just did not matter. NU was out shout 43 to like 23 I mean its was like he was almost not human. You had to be there. UN ****ING REAL!

Comment

That was just RAW!!!

good job by concessions as well (they can't help the long lines with the space they're given; but def did their homework on food fulfillment) .

I don't care what school you play for.. its always nice to see the world's oldest hockey rink packed. Win or lose that's a story you can talk about..

Night all.. great gm to watch
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X