Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Originally posted by Ebinsugewa View Post
    What's wrong with Vrolyk? Kid's shorter than me and takes the body as much as he can and has a nose for the slot. Vermeersch should be shooting from the point 100000% of the time.
    Vrolyk hitting the weight room is not a stab at the kid, he is just small and gets thrown around a little bit, spend some time getting stronger and it might help him out downt he road.

I think part of the reason the PP is non-existent is all the unit is looking for is a Vermy shot from the point...lots of other options...
    MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
      The best part of Saturday's game was the Zooperstars and everybody who was in attendance knows it.
      Maybe Vrolyk & Whale Gretzky can hit the weight rm together..
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Went to the Lowell game. Thought the team played fine, other than the PP. Hutton was just too good. People can nitpick the shots taken as not being quality but a number were good opportunities that Hutton either grabbed or stoned with little rebound. I was impressed. Lowell wasn't so much better that I don't think we'd take one from them at Matthews later in the year.

People rip on Hewkin but I thought he played well on Saturday.
        Last edited by WDR357; 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
          Went to the Lowell game. Thought the team played fine, other than the PP. Hutton was just too good. People can nitpick the shots taken as not being quality but a number were good opportunities that Hutton either grabbed or stoned with little rebound. I was impressed. Lowell wasn't so much better that I don't think we'd take one from them at Matthews later in the year.

People rip on Hewkin but I thought played well on Saturday.
          The NU coaches like Mike Hewkin's game, but then what do they know.

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
            There is a difference between like and no other options.
            MATTHEWS ARENA

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
              There is a difference between like and no other options.
              Dan Nycholat left NU because of Hewkin. Mike has been a top 6 D man for 3 years.

Comment

Dan Nycholat left NU because of Hewkin. Mike has been a top 6 D man for 3 years.
                And I still don't trust him. Didn't trust Nycholat either.

Is he a top-six NU defensemen? Guess so...that doesn't mean he's any good...I've given him three years to jump ship
                MATTHEWS ARENA

Comment

And neither of them are any good.
                  Matthews Arena:
                  Originally posted by UMLGoon
                  "you know a team's awful when the main selling point, even to its own fans, is 'our rink predates electricity'"

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
                    And I still don't trust him. Didn't trust Nycholat either.

Is he a top-six NU defensemen? Guess so...that doesn't mean he's any good...I've given him three years to jump ship
                    Please don't hold back.....

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                      Please don't hold back.....
                      You think he is a Hockey East caliber defender? I am sure he's a nice enough kid and he tries hard and all that good stuff.

I've jumped ship though...
                      MATTHEWS ARENA

Comment

Actually, he left because he got no PT last year after the Beanpot, and because there were two LDs returning and two LD recruits coming in who would likely play ahead of him.

Comment

Hewkin is what he is at this point. A kid with nice wheels, who can occasionaly jump into the play going the other way who does an OK job in our end, unless the play goes into the corners or behind the net, in which case he gets run over. He also singlehandly killed the PP last year. He has also gone over a year since his last goal. I rather have him in there then Maley though.

Says something about Ellement that he has not gotten a game since St. Thomas, and that they rather convert a foward and play him in the back then play him. There has been no report about him being injured, I wonder if he is going to get some time starting in 2010, much like Mclaughlin did last year?

This team is going to struggle the rest of 2009. I would think that the lines are going to constantly be changed, and same on the defense. I think Cronin is going to use November and December to get guys used to playing with each other, and into their new roles on the team. I think we take off in 2010. I also think that Rawlings is going to play 99% of the minutes here on out.

People forget, we lost the conference player of the year, the best defensive dman, and the top defensive foward, who also happened to center our top line and our top scoring foward. Then we lose a kid we all expected to jump to the next level in a pre-season game. Roles change, new guys need to fit in, it takes awhile for everyone to get on the same page.

That being said, if I were Costa, Guizor, Hewkin, and Kraemer, I better start making some noise, because when guys get healthy, and Cronin feels the freshmen are ready to go/wants to give them a half a season to see what he has got, bye-bye playing time.
                          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

People rip him too much for his frequent miscues with the puck. That obscures the fact that he is very solid in his own end. He's a decent player, nothing special, but he's solid.

That said, I think the phrase I've uttered the most at Matthews on the power play is, "****ing Hewkin".

Originally posted by Huskies01
                            People forget, we lost the conference player of the year, the best defensive dman, and the top defensive foward, who also happened to center our top line and our top scoring foward. Then we lose a kid we all expected to jump to the next level in a pre-season game.
                            I wish I could forget about all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                              Actually, he left because he got no PT last year after the Beanpot, and because there were two LDs returning and two LD recruits coming in who would likely play ahead of him.
                              Thank god he left.
                              BU Terriers are suck!

Is BU really necessary?

Comment

Is there any word on Qualier?
                                BU Terriers are suck!

Is BU really necessary?

Comment

Working...
                                X