X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Couple of random musings....

Part of the difficult thing about this year is going watching your team with a very large target on his back, especially after a bad loss. A lot of expectations have been placed on this team and coach. Certainly, I'd like to get through next weekend first before looking ahead to BU. UVM/UNH. I'm very anxious to see what improvements and progress have been made in this two-week hiatus against Colgate and NU; two teams that they did not have much regular-season success last year as we all know. Sure, the Hawks have a tough opening schedule, but I can care less about the BU games until 00.0 shows on the clock on Saturday with two River Hawk wins. If they are fortunate enough to sweep, I think the Omaha game was a good early wake up call for this team and that BU game may be the toughest ticket in town to find since the opening of the Tsongas Arena.

I'd see at least 10,000+ Lowellites in the barn next weekend against Colgate and NU. Other than the opening date of the Tsongas Arena, I can't remember when the last time a non-league game had 5,000+, let alone 6,000+.

Was at Merrimack tonight, wow, what an U-G-L-Y game that was. Absolutely no flow at any point in the game as the two teams sturggled mightly on offense. Merrimack's second goal was pretty nice though but the Merrimack bonehead was lucky he only got 5 and a GM instead of a DQ with the hit from behind...textbook. HC needs some help...not a very good team. Seeing the actual lines and new ice in Merrimack was a novel concept and there were numerous modest improvements in the lobby. The seats are next on the hit lits as they are the same and there is a noticible food price jump..$5 for a "pan pizza" the size of a half-dollar.

Is the HE tide changing??? Sellouts at Matthews and the Zoo tonight, Michigan State and Miami @ Maine/UNH and both games not even close to sellouts. Hell, Merrimack had 1800+ tonight with there $5 special (the game was worth $5). BU in last place , UNH 0-2, Maine 0-3 to start the season...take a picture

It will be a game-time decision if I go to UNH or Merrimack tomorrow night...but then again I do need to get out of the house for more hockey and excited for next week home openers in downtown LWL.
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
      I'd see at least 10,000+ Lowellites in the barn next weekend against Colgate and NU. Other than the opening date of the Tsongas Arena, I can't remember when the last time a non-league game had 5,000+, let alone 6,000+.
      Strangely enough, our last opponent played our next opponent last night, with UNO tying at Colgate 1-1.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

so i, like mr. fuller, went to the merrimack game on friday and i had the pleasure of watching their french freshman stephane da costa play in his first collegiate game. tonight he had five goals against army, including a natural hattie in 13 minutes. this kid is awesome.
        Last edited by UMLGoon; 10-17-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          so i, like mr. fuller, went to the merrimack game on friday and i had the pleasure of watching their french freshman stephane da costa play in his first collegiate game. tonight he had five goals against army, including a natural hattie in 13 minutes. this kid is awesome.
          Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            If you haven't seen it, our own Ryan is now writing for a Yahoo sports blog.
            I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but congrats on the shoutout in the INCH power rankings:
            http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...polls_0804.htm

now as for that "curse" talk....

Comment

Went to Saturday's Merrimack game as well because I needed to get away; somehow I got in for only $10. That DaCosta kid may be the best offensive player since Anthony Aquino and has the tools to become the next Kris Porter or Rejean Stringer (another Frenchmen). The third goal batting it out of mid-air was sick. I've seen a lot of four-goal games by BU and BC players, but never would I have thought a five-goal game (including a natural hat trick) would come from a Merrimack player.

Boys got a free pass this weekend, thanks to BC's defensive implosion last night. My first impression of BC is that games are going to be shootouts and a good defensive team (like a Vermont) should be able to shut them down. Vermont hasn't changed much (like us). I would imagine that the 11/5 contest should be interesting. However, to stay in the Top 15 as I've stated before, the River Hawks need four quality pts from this weekend's pending contests and start off the home opener and HE opener on the right foot.
              - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Just a reminder, UMass Lowell Hockey Prime Time Radio Show on WUML 91.5 (6:00-7:00p.m.) returns to night.

Comment

Two recruits make the NHL Central Scouting's early season "Players to Watch" list. Melchiori rated a "B" prospect and Eiserman a "C" prospect. Full list of college players/prospects here
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Speaking of recruits, T.J. Massie not on Heisenberg's site for 2010 recruits?

Comment

Good news on both Melchiori and Eiserman.
                      Originally posted by ecacwatcher View Post
                      Speaking of recruits, T.J. Massie not on Heisenberg's site for 2010 recruits?
                      Yeah, I've spoken to Chris. I do know that I've heard from numerous sides that he'll be back at Lowell next year.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UML announces their first half promotional campaign...
                        Monty

Comment

I heard a rumor that the Fri night game is at 5.... It's 7 right?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinlowell View Post
                            according to the website, 7... but i was thinking the same.

You could just assume its at 5, get off work at 3 and start preparing for the game

Me, I'll be in the gym until 6 so it works for me.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              according to the website, 7... but i was thinking the same.

You could just assume its at 5, get off work at 3 and start preparing for the game

Me, I'll be in the gym until 6 so it works for me.
                              I'll be at the BeerWorks at 5. The game better be at 7!
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinlowell View Post
                                Fri. is 7:00 pm, Sat. is a 5:00 pm start.

Comment

Working...
                                X