X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    It would be nice to get at least 4,000 for each game. The turnout for UMA last week was disappointing.
    Agreed. I know the snow didn't help, but it wasn't that bad at that point. I know I spoke with some students who said their friends didn't want to walk over in that weather.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It would be nice to get at least 4,000 for each game. The turnout for UMA last week was disappointing.
      It was a disappointing turnout but on the other hand it was a lively student section with those idiots from Amherst standing and chanting most of the game.

The "warm up the bus", "why are you standing" and "Lowell is better" chants from the students were excellent.

The best thing about Tsongas is that the acoustics are phenomenal.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I know I spoke with some students who said their friends didn't want to walk over in that weather.
        i can see that from smith/eames... that bridge can be downright frightening in rough weather... and there's the rubber bit mid-way through that's absolutelyfreakingslippery.

If its from Fox/Donahue/Leitch/Bougerious(sp?) then you're just a freaking wimp. Those snow monsters are awfully dangerous, aren't they.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          It was a disappointing turnout but on the other hand it was a lively student section with those idiots from Amherst standing and chanting most of the game.
          Did you expect us to sit and be quiet the whole game? The idiots from Lowell stood and cheered the whole game. It's what idiots do.
          Sons of old Massachusetts,
          Devoted daughters true,
          Bay State, old Bay State,
          We'll give our best to you.

Comment

a win tonight paired with official ESPN recognition on ESPN's iphone scoreboard app... ok, they just added our logo... every step counts

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
              Did you expect us to sit and be quiet the whole game? The idiots from Lowell stood and cheered the whole game. It's what idiots do.
              Well I did hear swearing, and so I knew Amherst had fans at the game.

Of course, then they all seemed to disappear ...

Another good ho-hum kinda win last night. That Princeton power play is really bad.

And voting for player of the game is now open.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Another good ho-hum kinda win last night. That Princeton power play is really bad.
                Yes, it wasn't pretty at times but it's nice to get win #10. Hopefully the Hawks come out and take care of business this afternoon. They need to cut down on the penalties. For the second game in a row they have played a good portion of a period shorthanded.

Comment

4PM start... I'm going to have to remember that

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Yes, it wasn't pretty at times but it's nice to get win #10. Hopefully the Hawks come out and take care of business this afternoon. They need to cut down on the penalties. For the second game in a row they have played a good portion of a period shorthanded.
                    For a team that came into the game averaging 9.2 penalty minutes per game (best in HE), they doubled that number yesterday. Not a good thing.
                    Monty

Comment

Could the Lowell fan who shouted at Wright to "shake it off" please meet me outside after the game? I just need to stop off at my car to stash my camera gear and retrieve a tire iron. Thanks.

(This isn't because it was Wright or a Lowell player. The same offer would stand if a fan from my least favorite active D1 player's team yelled that at him. Not excusing it from an opposing fan, just that much worse from your own fan.)

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

:suicide:

Comment

Unfortunately, this team continues to underachieve. Let's hope they come back real strong in the 2nd half for the remainder of the HE season.
                          What did you say?
                          Who own the Chiefs?
                          What did he say?
                          Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                            Unfortunately, this team continues to underachieve. Let's hope they come back real strong in the 2nd half for the remainder of the HE season.
                            it sounded like a hell of a period... but one period of playing like #5 doesn't make up for 2 periods of playing like #30 and #20.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Well it was a tough loss and I know we didn't play to our potential, but I think we saw a ton of positives in that third period. Hamilton was not exactly on his game and Kalemba absolutely was (thank god they didn't start him both games). Anyway let's stay positive. Slumps really suck but if this is the equivilent of last years slump, then we should be in pretty good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by ULowell View Post
                                Well it was a tough loss and I know we didn't play to our potential, but I think we saw a ton of positives in that third period. Hamilton was not exactly on his game and Kalemba absolutely was (thank god they didn't start him both games). Anyway let's stay positive. Slumps really suck but if this is the equivilent of last years slump, then we should be in pretty good shape.
                                I'm trying to stay positive, but this team needs to wake up. After only going 2-4 in their last 6 games they have yet to figure out they need to come to play every night. I hate to say it, but 10-6-1 at the break is disappointing.

Congrats to Princeton on a nice win. The Tigers worked hard for 60 minutes today.

Comment

Working...
                                X