X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Originally posted by justinD View Post
    Hey Lowell fans: What's this about free thunderstix on saturday? Ugh. Those things make the vuvuzela a welcome sound.
    I hate those things ... annoying as hell.

And I'm so hoping they don't allow the vuvuzela's in SA next year.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Now that the World Cup draw is done ... let's go Lowell. 4 points this weekend would be wonderful.

And PS ... I LOVE the draw.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Now that the World Cup draw is done ... let's go Lowell. 4 points this weekend would be wonderful.

And PS ... I LOVE the draw.
        pps, i'd love lowell to score more than 1 goal a night...

Comment

Wow, this thread dried up quicker that the water around the Lawernce Dam at the junction of the Western & Lawrence Canals in the summer.

Editor's Note: The Lawrence Dam is the what the students cross to go the arena. Everyone else crosses the Hickey Hall Dam. Both are techinically still active.

Maybe we can blow them up and hope it leads to some goals
          Last edited by John_Fuller; 12-05-2009, 10:15 AM.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

4 goals in the last three games. This is starting to get eerily similar to last year. This has to stop tonight. And Lowell has to find it's offense again.

The River Hawks have fallen from 1st to 6th in Hockey East. And could fall more with results tonight. And will fall out of the top 10 with a loss.

What's going on?
            Monty

Comment

Ugh... listening to these on the radio never really gets better... as bad as has been I'd like to see this with my own eyes just to get an idea of what's going wrong. Coach didn't sound upset like he did after the Maine game... but geez... can you just put it behind the goalie already... I hate this song but the radio doesn't want to change the station.

Delenda est amhersto.
              Amhest must be destroyed
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Watching the game last night, I'm really not sure what's going on with Edwards. He had a couple of chances at shots from the point on the PP and he either whiffed or just sent a weak shot toward net.

The team came out in the third period on their heels and it wasn't surprising when UNH scored. That finally seemed to wake them up, but too little too late.

When your only goal of the game is the result of majorly soft goaltending, you've got a problem.
                Monty

Comment

From listening to Bob call the games it sounds like this team isn't playing hard. When they play hard, they can control the flow of the game against anyone and force the other team into lazy penalties. They do that, they can really wear teams down with their PP. Until they start to do that again, they're going to be struggling to score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    From listening to Bob call the games it sounds like this team isn't playing hard. When they play hard, they can control the flow of the game against anyone and force the other team into lazy penalties. They do that, they can really wear teams down with their PP. Until they start to do that again, they're going to be struggling to score goals.
                    i was thinking about that at the end of the game last night... those whitehead teams (IIRC) despite taking penalties like they were going out of style was more focus on playing hard (more heart) than the other teams. I know Blaise has mentioned "lunch pail" hockey in the past. I'm certainly not looking for a return to Timmay and i know sometimes that kind of idea is based on teams that really aren't all that good, but ****ed if it wouldn't be nice to see a return to the idea that you out work other teams and that's what you're all about. Yes, we're pretty good but we've still got the same job in front of us... score one more than the other guy.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      yeah that must be it. you've solved the problem! why don't you coach this team instead of that moron blaise? TRY HARD EVERY NIGHT. that's brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        What's going on?
                        I've been wondering about this very question for the past 14 years.

This is a must-win for the River Hawks if we are thinking NCAA at large.

Period.

Say what you want about injuries or schedules but a loss tonight against the Minuteman and looking up at Merrimack & Maine is not what I had in mind or for matter anyone else had at the end of the "Hockey East" first semester.

Like I said at the end of last weekend, we will find out what this team is made of at the end of tonight.

The snow has begun in Collinsville...while in Amherst, I remember what happened the last time these two teams got together in a snowstorm..yes, I'm reaching.
                        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Yep- gotta love the snow we were going to see at 9pm.

Comment

ok... first power play... you have their goalie at student section end... who should be making more noise? UMass fans or Lowell fans?

Why should I be asking this question in the first place?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

WE FOUND THE NET!!!!

Delenda est amhersto.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

And a fabulous effort tonight coming back from adversity. Vallorani should get a weekly award.

Can we bottle this for Princeton?
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                                X