X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I've heard the turnout of UML fans at UNH should be pretty good. The school is running a student bus and a second bus has been organized by a group from one of the sections at the Tsongas. That's great to hear, it should be a fun night. Tickets are still available through UML, unsold tickets go back to UNH tomorrow.
    I'll be working from home Friday, so I'm thinking getting out early sounds very good. I think I might get a couple of tickets as well.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

For what it's worth, UML drops to 8th in the USCHO.com Division I Men's Poll. Other HE schools in the top 20, UMA #9, BC #15 & UVM #19.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

Comment

I bought two tickets for UNH today. We're probably going to have one of the largest contingents we've had at the Whit, with at least 100 Lowell fans ... all in Section 112. This is a bit different than where they used to put us, not sure when this change took place (I haven't been up there for three or so years)...
        *****http://www.whittemorecenter.com/images/img-endstage_map.gif******
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I believe they moved us last season. This section is entirely behind the net and I can't take pictures there anymore because of it.

Comment

Wasn't the visitors' section at Lake Whitt sec. 113?
            Sons of old Massachusetts,
            Devoted daughters true,
            Bay State, old Bay State,
            We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
              I believe they moved us last season. This section is entirely behind the net and I can't take pictures there anymore because of it.
              ...and it's the same price as section 113 without a chairback.

http://www.unhwildcats.com/tickets/g..._Arena_Map.pdf
              Last edited by boblav1; 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                Wasn't the visitors' section at Lake Whitt sec. 113?
                Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                Yup, it was when the school decided that they could make more money by taking the seats in that end away from the students/GA, and make them reserved. In the process, they moved the visitors into that endzone section, so that they could give season ticket holders more seats with backs (which are more expensive). Still, not the worst seats for visiting fans in this conference.
                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                -Fred Shero

Comment

Dissapointing week. Why is it that we can't come out and control in the first like we do in the third. Its like they wait to see what thier opponent brings... thats coaching.

Comment

I'm sure everyone knows but the poster schedule has a mistake on it. Friday's game is at UNH, not UMA.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Game notes are up.
                      Monty

Comment

It's time to right the ship and get back on track. Great news about the students heading up to Durham. I'll be listening to Bob online.

I haven't been to Tsongas since the Merrimack game so I'm really looking forward to Saturday night against UMass.
                        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Big weekend for the Hawks. They will need to play a soild 60 minutes each night, that's something I feel they have yet to do this season. Hopefully the team is up for the challenge.
                          From the game notes:
                          The Whittemore Center has often been a shop of horrors for UMass
                          Lowell. The River Hawks last win on the road in this series came on Nov.
                          25, 2003 by a score of 5-4. UMass Lowell is currently riding a nine game
                          winless streak (0-7-2) in the Whittemore Center.
                          It's time for the Hawks to break that streak.

Comment

December 1 Hockey East Coaches' conference call.
                            http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...912/dec2cc.php

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                              Still, not the worst seats for visiting fans in this conference.
                              Oh...so you've had trash kicked down on your head while you craned your neck trying to see the scoreboard too?

Hey Lowell fans: What's this about free thunderstix on saturday? Ugh. Those things make the vuvuzela a welcome sound.

Edit:

I have all the respect in the world for Jerry York, one of the all time greats, but does this quote from the Coaches' Conference Call seem a bit odd?
                              “I’d like to get our goals against average lower...I’d certainly like it [GAA] to be under two. That gives you your best chance to win.”
                              I mean, who wouldn't want a GAA under 2? And how many teams actually do that? And shouldn't you just worry about keeping your GAA under 3.00 if you're BC this season?
                              Last edited by justinD; 12-02-2009, 09:10 PM. Reason: Jerry York's seemingly unrealistic wishes.
                              It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Originally posted by justinD View Post
                                Oh...so you've had trash kicked down on your head while you craned your neck trying to see the scoreboard too?

Hey Lowell fans: What's this about free thunderstix on saturday? Ugh. Those things make the vuvuzela a welcome sound.

Edit:

I have all the respect in the world for Jerry York, one of the all time greats, but does this quote from the Coaches' Conference Call seem a bit odd?

I mean, who wouldn't want a GAA under 2? And how many teams actually do that? And shouldn't you just worry about keeping your GAA under 3.00 if you're BC this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X